Author Topic: Military knowledge and access  (Read 5574 times)

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
Military knowledge and access
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
I have 2 points about military:

1) Is there info what units are in which province available? I think that those who have presence in particular province could know what units are in that province.

2) What are the military access for non-landed regents in realms where they already (from the start of the game) have units? Without it I would assume that deafult status would be no access. But It seems to me that those units already in place imply some approval from head of the realm. Are those units by default confined to province where they are or can they move within the realm? For example I have unit in province Serien. Can I move it within barony of Serien?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Military knowledge and access
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »
1) No, holdings do not give you knowledge about military units, they do however give you the option to spy on the provinces, looking for military units. Other than that, you need scouts.

2) It depends on the domain in question. A Haelynic or a Cuiraecenite temple most likely have deals with the realms wherein they are the major temples. Other than that military units are usually allowed for defensive purposes, garrisoning your court etc. Anything else needs at least a dispatch asking for permission (if you have good relations) or diplomacy if you haven't.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 06:01:28 PM »
Remember that one province contain 2.500 square miles of terrain, some of it wilderness. That is a LOT of space.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:53:47 AM »
Remember that one province contain 2.500 square miles of terrain, some of it wilderness. That is a LOT of space.

Which means you might be able to sneak your military units through provinces if you're gutsy  ::)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »

Which means you might be able to sneak your military units through provinces if you're gutsy  ::)

Which means my vassals are way too uptight, when they assume I'm looking for them with my scouts.  :) (Yes I'm looking at you, Alan  ;D)

In case anyone is in doubt, the official policy in Elinie, is that all military units are barred access, unless terms of access are stated in treaty.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »

In case anyone is in doubt, the official policy in Elinie, is that all military units are barred access, unless terms of access are stated in treaty.

I guess this is the standard / default state in every realm in Anuire, unless stated otherwise.
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
Indeed. And only a fool and/or a man who does not care for the respect of his peers allows foreign units to wander around on HIS lands.
DM Bjørn