Author Topic: Festival in Tornilen MIRROR  (Read 4000 times)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Festival in Tornilen MIRROR
« on: March 21, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »

The halls of Caer Tornilen are constantly filled with guests and minor nobles, the Duchess and Baron attend both parties there and within the city itself. A grand time is had by most.

Imposter! Imposter! Someone is pretending to be Baron Arvour!  :D

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Festival in Tornilen MIRROR
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:26:59 AM »

Imposter! Imposter!

For a second there, I thought you'd call her on "Duchess"...
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
Naah, if I would call her on anything else, it would be the "girl" part. We all *know* the Sword Mage is just a dude who likes to dress up and call himself "Duchess" :P

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
Hmm... have I gotten the timing wrong here? The Baron Arvour did visit Tornilen right around the Night of Fire festival, as he needed to be present to the Investiture ceremony...
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »
Heh Have Kaven forgotten the S&C where the Swordmage duelled versus the Green Knight? Even for someone as skilled as Baron Kaven I would recommend being a little more carefull with the insults  :P
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »
Heh Have Kaven forgotten the S&C where the Swordmage duelled versus the Green Knight? Even for someone as skilled as Baron Kaven I would recommend being a little more carefull with the insults  :P

Kaven insults very few people. His player (and the rest of the RCS) have no such qualms.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »
Hmm... have I gotten the timing wrong here? The Baron Arvour did visit Tornilen right around the Night of Fire festival, as he needed to be present to the Investiture ceremony...

No clue really. I just noted that the Baron arrived very early in the turn in Taeghas (WM3), meaning he'd have had to travel fast as it takes some days at least to get there. :)

Offline X-Roesone/SG (Shido)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
  • Count Saender Ghoried
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:44:14 PM »
Very simple - I had no info about investiture nor the real importance of the Night of Fire festival at the beginning of this turn.
What I had on table was urgence from Diem, Medoere and Avanil about when I'm going to fullfill my promise to take lead of the west army - with a little note from DM that ARR is going to keep the promise.
So it was apparent I need to be at two places at once this turn - and the absence in Tornilen seemed to be more excusable. So according to my DO ARR was really first week or so in Tornilen, then moved to Barisen.
Count Saender Ghoried
Crown Regent of Roesone
First councillor of the Spider River Traders
Royal guild of Roesone

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
The Night of Fire is the very first day of summer - the summer solstice. Then day 1 of week 1 of summer begins. Each week has 8 days...that 24 days to ride a couple hundred miles...across friendly civilized roads...arduous I'm sure, not the way for a sovereign to travel in state, but quite doable.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
not the way for a sovereign to travel in state, but quite doable.

It would do those pretentious mainland 'nobles' some good to come down off their perfumed high horses and get there hands dirty from time to time.  :P
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
Well it is not the regular "mainland" noble but Baron Arvour of Roesone - the (in)famous black baron of Roesone. Having a past as a rather efficient and no nonsense mercenary  ;)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn