Author Topic: Re: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen, meanwhile!  (Read 6022 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen, meanwhile!
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
[OOC Before the actual combat begins]

Since his arrival the Pontiff has been standing almost motionless. Eyes seemingly unfocused and his face completely void of any expression. Upon hearing Baron Tshalen’s first gleeful insults the Pontiff stirs and as the words “BITCH SWORDMAGE” leaves the lips of the cackling Baron Tshalen the Pontiff’s face contorts momentarily.
Hearing Baron Tshalen’s pathetic demand of respect for his authorities the Pontiff briskly stride through the crowd as knife cutting through butter to face the angry Baron Tshalen. His eyes ice and his face a mask of contempt the Pontiff speak to the Baron but with a voice well suited to command a battlefield.

Pausing between every word he exclaim:

“You   hold   no   authority   here”

The Knights of the Sun catch up with their master and forms a circle around him and the Baron.

“The Sword Mage was redeemed by the late Pontiff Gielbert Aurilien. She fought the Eyeless one on behalf of the Conclave of Temples. She arrives to the S&C having faced the Red Wind and vile Wraiths to protect the people of Ilien on my instructions as Pontiff. The Conclave of Temples may be going on a crusade into the Spider Fell to stop the endless goblin raids and retrieve something priceless of Haelyn. The Conclave of Temples hoped to use the Sword Mage as a weapon against the Spider.

But for your clever manipulation by the orchestrated insult the Spider might be weakened perhaps even vanquished forever. But you had to arrange beforehand doing the insults to have the nigh undefeatable Green Knight ready as your champion? I know none but Raenech to be able to defeat the might of the Green Knight and so know the Sword Mage and yet she takes up the challenge.”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
OoC: Well done, just moved this out of the way so it won't interfere with the battle development. Try and hit a point where we return this to the other.

Baron Tshalen retorts, unworried at the armed men surrounding him.

"DO you know what your precious Swordmage did before crazy Aurlien decided she was useful? Do you Your Holiness?"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:45:39 PM by DM Jon »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
Suddenly Tshalen armsmen move to block the path of the Knighs, and you are moments away from bloodshed.

Tshalen looks upon Wallace with cold hateful eyes:

"Yes, and it is very brave for one who has both skill at arms and sorcery at her disposal to challenge and old man to a duel...leave us be Pontiff, it is YOU who are out of place here. This is a matter between nobles and commoners."
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:49 PM »
OOC: OK, double DM post, but it still looks OK, so we'll leave it as it stands.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »
[OOC: Note from my first post in Combat at Dawn that the Pontiff come dressed not for niceties but battle. Not that he intend to start one. Baron TsHalen on the other hand seemed not to bring a lot of bodyguards with him. If they where with him I would made my post different.]

"Baron Tsalen don’t you think you made your share of insults for this year’s S&C? I’ll let the remark about Pontiff Aurlien pass for now but take heed and remember Haelyn judge’s Aurlien as he sees fit and I assume you respect the All Father’s judgment.

I came here to watch but your triumphal glee finally got to me. You put your own hate for the Sword Mage above the good of all Anuire and you know damned well no sovereign can stand the kind of insults you throw at her. In that regard it matters not if one is old or not. Making those kind of insults to a sovereign have consequences. As true as the All Farther is just you had planned this scenario; try to deny that.

I am not about to stop the duel but I won’t suffer anymore of your spiteful remarks while it is fought. You can save that for the victory celebration you surely have planned."
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »
"You Haelynites are all the same! So damned certain that Haelyn will follow your every whim! When she is dead, I will have my satisfaction! At long last I will have my revenge!"

The air is suddenly filled with the smell of ozone as lightning crackles up and down the armor of the Green Knight. He looks like he's rather enjoying himself.

• Sovereign
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 09:50:54 PM »
“Please realize the Sword Mage have been doing a lot of heroic deeds since then to redeem herself and compensate for past transgressions. If you think she has done such great evil the more reason to leave her to her redemption; in case you are right there is much for her to do to redeem.

But instead you may have denied Anuire the deeds to be performed by the Sword Mage in her path to redemption. I hope you are satisfied for the cost of you satisfaction may come at a very high price.

Now I came to see the duel and not waste my time on a hateful old man like you.”

With the last remark the Pontiff turn around, his full attention on the duel. Baron TsHalen caught between a wish to get the last word and fear, of the consequences of the wrath of the Pontiff, fight hate. With surprise he realize the Pontiff did not move away but only turned around to the battle and ignore him.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:59:57 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »
Placing a calming hand on the Pontiff's shoulder, Robhan looks at the frothing Baron and speaks coolly.

Revenge is a hollow broth that grants no lasting sustenance - not to mighty duke nor to landless knight.  Do you think that the next to proclaim themselves Duke of Tornilen would thank you for your vengeance should it be successful?  Unlikely I fear.

Haelyn himself has warned me of the dangers of unrestrained anger for it is a scourge I bear in full measure - I suggest you search your soul and consider whether the losses you face - and whatever the outcome of the duel personal loss is certain - are worth the crumbs it will add to your pride should you continue on your reckless course.

Robhan turns to the Green Knight - as for you sir I have heard no ill and much good; I suggest you consider the terms of the duel carefully, wizards have means rare and underhand.  I would not have crowds of bystanders turned to stone, swine or ash because you failed to agree proper terms - such consequences will be on your head should you fail to agree proper restricted terms for without your choice to champion the Baron no duel would occur - presuming of course that the swordmage continues to accept your substitution and does not demand that the Baron face her himself - or chose her own champion to defend her.

Robhan smiles briefly, but should the duel continue as currently stated, then remember that a good warrior is worth their weight in gold not steel - and doubly so given the stormclouds gathering all about - pray ensure you do not demean your worth or risk sacrificing your soul to dark sorcery simply for the sake of another's wounded pride.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 10:37:59 PM »
OoC: Too late dear Robhan, the duel is in full swing at this moment. The Green Knight won't be distracted from his quarry. No talking to him now.

• Sovereign
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »
By the divinely inspired insight Wallac Isilviere realize Baron TsHalen albeit all wound up and bitter is a man in great pain. A devout Haelean greatly wronged. He is hurt and his soul a wretched wreckage of hate.

Changing his composure completely; from utter wrath to calm silent compassion, the Pontiff look in the eyes of Baron TsHalen.

“My son I remember now. You and your family where greatly wronged. Your good reputation in ruins and badly shaken by the brutal ransacking of your home. Your innocence where proved but all drowned in the following epic struggles; Drowned by blood of war. I remember now. I was there an aide to a bishop. Your family where utterly terrorized.”

Hearing the word of the Pontiff the Barons terror subsides. A guilty sad frown on his face Wallac put his hand lightly on the shoulder of the Baron.

“You where of cause all innocent of the charges brought on you as were later discovered. The stolen artifacts planted by the Sword Mage. Indeed have the Sword Mage done much evil to you. She has wronged many and still has much to redemption to do. Take consolation in she have done much to redeem her. I know the years passed by come not back. The past is the past. Let it go my son. Let go of the hate and look into your soul. Let me lend you some of my strength of faith to find the path of Haelyn once more; you where such devout followers.”

Eyes mild and compassionate Wallac have forgotten the duel.

“Pray with me. Pray forgiveness and for your soul. What have been started here today cannot easily be stopped but we can stop the hate”

The two start praying. Right there in among the crowd though surrounded by their own men. Nobody seems to notice.

In the meantime things have unfolded and the Green Knight is running amok. Wounded bystanders & chaos.

“Baron please help me see to the wounded”

As with great purpose Baron TsHalen helps the Pontiff and they quickly give first aid to those in need; commoners and nobles alike. Having finished aiding those in direst need Wallac check on the duel again. How things have developed. Then the apparition of Pontiff Aurlien happens. Great wonder.

Wallac simply stand and watch. Listen

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
Baron Tshalen does as directed by the Pontiff, prays deeply and then helps alleviate the disaster. He looks rather bewildered by it all and won't look a man jack of you into the eyes, but is seems like some great weight has been lifted from his shoulders nonetheless.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 02:16:17 PM »
William catches the eye of the Baron, with a slight smile he helps the Pontiff and the Baron.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Sovereign
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
The Pontiff while not saying much seems happy for the help rendered by the Archduke.

The presence of William Osoer ensures everything happens in an orderly fashion; no one dares to question the Archdukes authority and so those most in need of healing gets tended to first