Author Topic: Military Training Program  (Read 8324 times)

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
Re: Military Training Program
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »
Lady Anasatiae nods slowly at Lord Guy, then listens intently at the Pontiff betore replying:

"Lord Guy, I am talking here to a friend, merely offering advices to retain or not, hence my freedom of speech. The Knights will, as they always did, reply to the decisions of their Grand Master. The point, Lord Guy, is that by claiming your generously offered help, the rebels will feel emboldened by having a burden lifted from their weak shoulders. Such a relief will certainly help the so-called Tuors to divert resources to the mustering of a greater oppresive force of brigands led by a tyrant, I mean the Elf, the Tuare, not one of his kinsmen, the Manslayer.

The Knights will valiantly rose to any challenge, their blood will be shed in the name of an honourable cause, the defence of Great Alamie, and their swords will hack our enemies. In the meantime, nestled under their benevolent and innocent protection, the serpent of treason and regicide will feed itself and someday will attempt to finish tearing down House Alam, the House of my very son. Such a day, Lord Guy, I am afraid that the Knights might be blamed for having, unwillingly, rekindled the flames of a raging war, and their reputation forever tarnished."

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
"The knights will remain untarnished. You want desperately to make it appear as a civil war is raging and your opponent are the rebels. That is not the important part of what is at stake."

Worse enemies are at hand. From a religious point of view I implore you both to please address the treat from the undead before playing out the warmongering.

Peace may be the only real option as survival of the livings are at stake. A river of blood will flow from the south. Haelyn has given warnings. Warnings that all are adviced to take heed of. Worse enemies than the undead and the strife of nobels may be comming to you."
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »
The Chamberlain takes the floor.

"Lady Daulton. The rebellion you are speaking of seems to lay so far into the past that it no longer bears recognition as such. Tuornen was created a century ago and has since been accepted many times over by her neighbours.
 Here I especially think the choices of Prince Avan to be of note. He has seen fit to support both Tuornen and Alamie with forces militaire - and has thus recognized Duchess Flaertes as a peer of Anuire.

Would you question the Prince's choices in this? Call him a rebel-rouser?

Great Alamie could one day exist again, but that would be on the basis of war. Not some punitive expedition. So while you are here, at my court, and speaking of Tuornen, Duchess Flaertes and those that serve her, you will do so honorably or not at all."

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »
Lady Anasatiae looks sternly at the Pontiff:

"Your Holiness, I am not desperate of anything but giving advice to the Knights. That being said, the head of the Conclave has spoken and Alamie will certainly consider your words. The Empire is a body of honour and traditions, we do not seek mere survival for the sake of being living bodies, as other might do. We are guided by principles and values, that said, is at least true for Alamie."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:46:19 PM by Alamie/CA (Alex) »

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
Turning then to the Lord Chamberlain, the Duchess bows very slightly and replies:

"Your Grace, we are but your guests in these very Halls, and we will strictly abide by the rules of etiquette as highlighted by our host.

I would kindly remind to this very Halls, that de facto situations, and oustiders opinions whilst carefully weighed by Lofton are only matters of those who adopt them. We would, however, take the freedom to remind that Alamie is not a vassal of Avanil, and, whilst on good terms, do not have to see eye to eye every issue with House Avan."

Edit: Typoes, typoes!

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:50 AM »
The Chamberlain smiles and bows back.

"Indeed you are not my Lady, but whilst you are within my halls, I expect you to conduct yourself according to the rules of the Imperial Court. If once a title has been recognized by the peerage, then forever more will it be treated with due respect.
 That respect is due the Duchess of Tuornen. As it is due to your Grace.

However, the days have grown dark and the Sword and Crown has reached it's end. We thank you all for attending and wish you safe journeys home. It is our great hope that peace and prosperity will continue to grace Our fair Anuire due to your Graces' diplomacy!