Author Topic: Prelude: Cadian Dawn (IC)  (Read 61166 times)

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
Re: Prelude: Cadian Dawn (IC)
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
A short communication cracks between the Lector and his Locum, both move swiftly on either side of the Warp core. A plate on the decorated pectoral armor of the Locum Lector slides and reveals the sickening contour and malevolent light shed by a first-size orb, beating like a heart. Whilst their brethren move around them in a protecting circle.

Whilst the blast door start moving, the Lector turns to the sorcerer Nouri, and comments softly:

"Sorcerer, let us all have some amusement, and call in, if you can, the boisterous Grey Knights you seem to entertain dealings with. For once they might have a useful purpose."

Nodding to the slowly opening doors, he adds loudly:

"Spawn of the Phoenician who once served Mankind, what were to happen were we to destroy this core, now?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
"Progeny of the Fire Hawks, who once labored in ignorance for the Corpse-God of Terra: The daemon would be set free - and this ship would become even more useless than it already is. I would caution you not to give it much heed; already it has convinces the squat mutants that live aboard this vessel that it is their benevolent ancestral spirits."
DM Bjørn

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
The Lector and his brethren do not alter their pose. The Lector turns his head towards the sorcerer Nouri and the psyker Gaius, as if leaving them a chance to speak before acting.

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »
Azrael waits with Irena and her medical supplies and a small group of other members of the Nar-Ghosts at the meeting point, while Lukas keeps watch with his snipers and the rest of the warband hang back (along with Corporal Usher and his men, as given his earlier feelings Azrael decided it would be better if he were not there for their first meeting with the Relictors).

Two Scouts and a handful of local recruits can be overheard eventually progressing slowly and warily. One of them eventually notices the waiting group and he stops some fifty yards away communicating in the previous code:

"Third Company of Relictors in sight. Request clearance to approach."

Offline Ohlaak (Alan)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 3
  • The Dragon
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
Lulianna and the remnants of the Cabal work quietly behind cover while those with guns have trained them firmly on the dark corridor.  Lulianna and the Cabal work to summon the energies necessary to gain the notice of the Grey Knights.  A greenish ball of pure warp fire coalesces between them.  It won't be long now until they will release it into the night.

With a few quick gestures and whispered words, the air around Nouri and the Cabal shimmers as a slightly opaque shield comes into existence.

"And why should your words bear more truth than the daemon?  I imagine you two have much in common."

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 6
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
"Third Company of Relictors in sight. Request clearance to approach."
"You are cleared to approach," Azrael responds while Irena begins to unpack some of her medical supplies.

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »
The Scouts and the recruits come near and await. Seeing the woman from the Magos' retinue unpacking what could seem as supplies, the contingent approaches, eight scouts and the retinue of men, carrying between them the wounded Astartes. He seems to have fits of consciousness however his body conveys an impression of limpness not usually associated with the enhanced body of a Marine.

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »
Lulianna and the remnants of the Cabal work quietly behind cover while those with guns have trained them firmly on the dark corridor.  Lulianna and the Cabal work to summon the energies necessary to gain the notice of the Grey Knights.  A greenish ball of pure warp fire coalesces between them.  It won't be long now until they will release it into the night.

With a few quick gestures and whispered words, the air around Nouri and the Cabal shimmers as a slightly opaque shield comes into existence.

"And why should your words bear more truth than the daemon?  I imagine you two have much in common."

A mettalic laughter escapes the helmet of the Lector who then adds:

"Well-spoken, sorcerer."

Turning  to the darkness filtering through the nearly open blast doors, outside he adds:

"O Scion of a Daemon, the Fire Hawks are no more, betrayed as they were not by the Emperor but by His Inquisition whose minds have been corrupted by the Corruption, just as it did with what was a famed Primarch. I shall not repeat my words."

Whilst the exchange had been ongoing, the Locum Lector had firmed his psykik link up with the Maleficent Orb using it as a protective shell to surround his own mind. Only him could feel the presence of the Orb around his own soul: moist and damp such as a bathing in a swamp, repulsive and corruptive like the breath of a Daemon, yet so mighty and exhilarating. This achieved, he starts proding Tol-Bazar to ascertain its nature and, if possible, intentions.

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2013, 01:22:21 AM »
The Scouts and the recruits come near and await. Seeing the woman from the Magos' retinue unpacking what could seem as supplies, the contingent approaches, eight scouts and the retinue of men, carrying between them the wounded Astartes. He seems to have fits of consciousness however his body conveys an impression of limpness not usually associated with the enhanced body of a Marine.
Irena and Azrael step forward as the scouts bring the injured Marine forwards.

"Greetings, I am Magos Kane, this is Irena Karovska.  She is quite a skilled medic, we will do what we can for your brother."

"We'll need to get him out of his armour," says Irena, bringing out some diagnostic equipment.

"We probably will, however his armour will have an array of monitoring equipment built into it that hopefully still functions.  I can interface with it so that we can make an initial diagnosis," interjected Azrael, "Please lie your brother down on the ground here and I will connect to his armour's monitoring systems."

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
The Scouts start silently complying with the Mago, when from a nearby pool of shadow emerges another one (the ninth) who greets the Mago:

"I am Roldar of the Relictors' Third Company. On behalf of my Chapter, we thank you, Mago, and your followers for your assistance".

He then kneels by his brother and start deftly unfastening the non-critical pieces of armor and equipment, who are reverently aside and guarded by two Scouts, whilst Roldar silently helps and possibly keeps watch over Irena's actions.

Reports from the still functioning systems indicate severe spinal injuries and cranial trauma.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
The marine has gone into a sort of self-induced coma; if given proper care he should recover within a few weeks of time. His armour is a mess. It is several damage and will require weeks, if not moths of labor to bring back to function.

The night-time attack has now ended completely and silence reigns (except some screams from the injured and the dying).
DM Bjørn

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
Roldar turns to Mago Kane after having read the reports from the armor health monitor and listened to Irena's conclusions:

"Mago Kane, the dire state of our brother will need to be reported to our Lector, who with the rest of our brethren, is boarding the voidship as we speak."

Roldar pauses for a moment, looking at the voidship glittering under the night sky dimly lit by timid stars, before he continues:

"Our place is at the side of our Lector and our brethren fighting there, nevertheless we will not let behind a disabled brother and we cannot take for granted your prolonged help, for which I thank you. I therefore need to know what your intentions are. "

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »
"Our place is at the side of our Lector and our brethren fighting there, nevertheless we will not let behind a disabled brother and we cannot take for granted your prolonged help, for which I thank you. I therefore need to know what your intentions are. "

"We, like yourselves I presume, saw the ship as a potential means to leave this planet.  As such our goals are aligned, you do not wish to leave your brother behind, and we want to be on that ship," Azrael said nodding towards the voidship.

"Your brothers will be far better than us at clearing away any resistance on board the ship, but you will need greater numbers if you are to hold it.  In addition you will need assistance making the necessary repairs to the vessel, and Irena can continue to care for your injured brother here," gesturing towards the injured Marine.

"He will heal faster if I have access to a full ship's medicae facility as well," added Irena.

Azrael nodded again, and held out his hand, "While of course I appreciate that your Lector would need to approve it, I suggest that we consider ourselves allies."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:09:47 PM by DM B »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »

Whilst the exchange had been ongoing, the Locum Lector had firmed his psykik link up with the Maleficent Orb using it as a protective shell to surround his own mind. Only him could feel the presence of the Orb around his own soul: moist and damp such as a bathing in a swamp, repulsive and corruptive like the breath of a Daemon, yet so mighty and exhilarating. This achieved, he starts proding Tol-Bazar to ascertain its nature and, if possible, intentions.

Ascertaining anything about a daemon is very tricky; it is by its very hard to pin down. A mutable thing, filled with lies and corruption. And how, exactly, do you tell the difference between a deceitful daemon and the spirit of a honourable ancestor? Is there even a difference?

As far as Adorus can tell there is a powerful psychic presence contained within the warp core. Tainted or not...much harder to tell, since the Warp by nature IS taint. It is not exactly common for daemonic entities to act through inanimate objects; mostly they require a physical body with a soul that they can possess if they are to exist on this plane. That doesn't mean it can't be a daemon, but it does mean that it's a special case.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
The core speaks: "What are you doing little sorcerers?" it says, addressing Nouir. "Surely you are not foolish enough to attract the attention of the Grey Knights?" it says, sound as incredulous as a pulsating warp core is capable of.

Xerxzes interrupts: "Quite your sniveling daemon." Addressing the Relictors. "We were all betrayed Lector. I learned that lesson ten millennia ago when the Emperor turned against his own children. Too bad so many believed the lies told by the victors; had the truth become know your Chapter would not have suffered unfairly at the hands of the Inquisition."

The core interjects: "But the Grey Knights Xerxzes! Even you cannot hope to defeat them!"

Xerxzes, unfazed: "But the lies are gone now. Bold men are free to define their own truth, to seek their own answers.

I came here to Cadia seeking such men, for they are needed on the front lines. But the Ner'gal assaulted my vessel...and things got a bit more complicated than I had envisioned. So there is no need for all this hostility; ignore the lies of the daemon and join forces with me. Soon we shall have the ship repairs and we will set course for greatness."
DM Bjørn