Author Topic: Prelude: Cadian Dawn (IC)  (Read 59547 times)

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
Re: Prelude: Cadian Dawn (IC)
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:49 PM »
Aboard the ship

Gaius could sense the puzzlement and a flashing anger of the Lector at having the Tower of Silence breached so easily, this puzzlement he can still feel when his mental probe is slowly drowned by whispering voices, which he cannot pinpoint and as a warm of bees they prevent him from further concentrating and reaching the Lector any further. The Lector turns slightly to face the newcomers. Turning to Gaius:

"Our Chapter has no quarrel with you and your... allies" the Lector's voice clearly marks a question as to how such a disparate group of people have landed in the middle of the enginarium.

"That being said I fear that if you are in league with the bewitched Grey Knights, we do have a quarrel that we need to clear."

The Lector seems expecting an answer before deciding on a course of action.

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »
Around the ship

Roldar receives the communication, so do his brethren. Since the radio-silence with his Lector has begun (and which would coincide with the Astartes entry in the enginarium), no one challenged his new-found leadership over his brothers and local recruits. Realising the vulnerability of his position, which he had feared all along, he simply answers:

"Magos Azrael Kane you are in contact with the Third Company of the Relictors. Cover most welcome. We are seeking suitable position."

Offline Ohlaak (Alan)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 3
  • The Dragon
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:37 PM »
Aboard the ship

Gaius could sense the puzzlement and a flashing anger of the Lector at having the Tower of Silence breached so easily, this puzzlement he can still feel when his mental probe is slowly drowned by whispering voices, which he cannot pinpoint and as a warm of bees they prevent him from further concentrating and reaching the Lector any further. The Lector turns slightly to face the newcomers. Turning to Gaius:

"Our Chapter has no quarrel with you and your... allies" the Lector's voice clearly marks a question as to how such a disparate group of people have landed in the middle of the enginarium.

"That being said I fear that if you are in league with the bewitched Grey Knights, we do have a quarrel that we need to clear."

The Lector seems expecting an answer before deciding on a course of action.

Nouri snorts. "I daresay the Grey Knight are the enemy of every thing they cannot ascribe to their tragically narrowly defined lexicon. I think even you can see that if they are your enemies, then amongst this group of misfits you can find kin, if not blood brothers," he says.

"Of course, they are not our most principle issues at they moment, that would be the Child of Fulgrim," he says. He looks around the room for a moment, before tapping his chin for a moment.

"I suppose our ritual from before drew them to us...perhaps..." He turns to the Lector and Gaius.  "We are outgunned and outnumbered. Perhaps we should see if the Grey Knights might not even the upcoming battle?"  He says.

"What if we draw them here using that..." He says pointing to the warp core.

"Let our enemies fight amongst themselves," he says.

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 6
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
"Magos Azrael Kane you are in contact with the Third Company of the Relictors. Cover most welcome. We are seeking suitable position."

"I am transmitting you coordinates at which we can meet you with medical assistance."

Then to Lukas, "Keep them in your sights at all times and stay out of sight, especially when I meet them with Irena.  It always pays to be prepared where Space Marines are involved."

Azrael then considers for a moment, before notifying Hrothgar of their contact with the Relictors.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:32 PM »
Outside: Hrothgar has camped close by; he sends his man Ravn over with a squad of men to observe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:57:28 PM by DM B »
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »
Inside: The warp core/daemon/whatever remains silent as you talk amongst yourselves. After a while it interjects, "this is all very good, but what does it matter when you might all soon be dead? He comes for you, and there is not a one among you that can stand before him and live. Ten thousand years he has fought and killed; how do you propose to stop such a one?"
DM Bjørn

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »
Inside: The warp core/daemon/whatever remains silent as you talk amongst yourselves. After a while it interjects, "this is all very good, but what does it matter when you might all soon be dead? He comes for you, and there is not a one among you that can stand before him and live. Ten thousand years he has fought and killed; how do you propose to stop such a one?"

The Lector shruggs off the comments from the wounded sorcerer, his attention returning to the warp core and his voice sounds as if amplified by the voice gear embedded in his helmet:

"You mentioned that you were waiting for me, what do you want and why would you take part in this feud with the reviled spawn of Fulgrim?"

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
Outside - Roldar and his men

The two dozens odds Scout Marines and their followers move warily towards the destination provided. The small retinue is led by Roldar with a two Scouts and three recruits carrying the wounded Marine who hovers between consciousness and unconsciousness, whislst another one carries his discarded weaponry. The Relictors seem to comply ostensibly with the communications received. One observer would only notice that one of the members keeps moving in and outside of sight as if searching for something.

The Relictors would adopt a defensive position and keep watch near the indicated site.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
Warp core: "The relic you carry...surely you know what it is?" Getting no immediate reply it continues. "You wish to get away from this place, do you not? Well, Xerxzes of the Emperor's Children is all that stand between you and that goal. He enslaves us all - kill him and the ship will be yours to command: The damage is not so extensive it cannot be repaired. Soon you could be among the stars again."
DM Bjørn

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
The Lector shakes his armored head and takes the floor with a puzzled voice:

"The Tower of Silence? What of it?"

Before continuing:

"The abomination shall certainly be fought, however what do you stand to gain from his demise, Daemon or whatever you might be? You also fail to state whether you plan to help or whether your minions will stand by the Relictors?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
Warp core: "It has a name? How cute. Let me answer thus: If it be the Tower of Silence then I be the Citadel of Quiet."

Something resembling laughter follows.

"I stand to gain that which is most important to me: The freedom of my kin, the squats of the Tol-Bazar, the very clan that forged this ship and took her to the stars."

A slight pause follows.

"Unfortunately I dare not aid you; should you fail my kin will suffer horribly."
DM Bjørn

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 6
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
Azrael waits with Irena and her medical supplies and a small group of other members of the Nar-Ghosts at the meeting point, while Lukas keeps watch with his snipers and the rest of the warband hang back (along with Corporal Usher and his men, as given his earlier feelings Azrael decided it would be better if he were not there for their first meeting with the Relictors).

Offline Ohlaak (Alan)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 3
  • The Dragon
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
Nouri regards the Tower of Silence for a few moments before speaking.

"If you shall not help then at least you can perhaps explain how this trinket should help us free your kin?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »
"Is it not obvious? The Relictors' hunt for such items have ultimately brought them here, to this time and place. What concurrence. Or not. It depends on the eye of the beholder. Now that they are here they will find a means to kill the abomination and free us all. So they must if their hunt is to continue. Or they could lay down their arms and let the child of Fulgrim kill them; but I think not, Imperial Astartes are good at adapting and overcoming."

"Or did you mean it more literally? In which case the Tower could come in handy for warding off the fell blows of Xerxzes. Whom - I must hasten to add - they claim bested a Greater Daemon in single combat. A lie most likely, but he is quite dangerous in the melee."
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »
A coarse voice sounding from the enginarium's inter-vox speakers: "Do not listen to the lies of the Daemon, for it can speak only falsehood. I wish you no harm - despite what you have done to my loyal crewmen." The voice addresses the core. "Now get this door open. I will suffer no more of your shenanigans."

"I will have no part in this," the core protests.

Xerxez over the speakers: "Have it your way. Then I Name thee once: Tol-Bazar. Open this gate." The core hisses and hums. "I Name thee twice: K..." Before he can finish the second name the core relents. "Have mercy! Do not name me by my True names in front of all these strangers!"

The blast doors starts to grind open...

"A wise choice o Wicked One," says the darkness in the hallway beyond.
DM Bjørn