Author Topic: Anathema: General discussion (OOC)  (Read 50103 times)

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 6
  • Let the galaxy burn. Let the heavens bleed.
Re: Anathema: General discussion (OOC)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
Azrael and his warband will be defending the ship/getting us ready to depart, they won't be much help against a daemon-fuelled space marine, though you could probably have Sam if you want.  The Spiders are welcome to co-ordinate with Azrael.

Ok Sergeant Usher and the Spiders help boarding the civilians / co-ordinate with Azrael.

No need for Sam, thx ;)

Regarding the Asea Eranion, my thought is that it contains something warp tainted, or the blood of the innocent, or something equally unsavoury and when Maegon is unconscious afterwards his mind will be drifting on the warp.  If he survives he comes back stronger, but if he dies his body will likely be possessed by a warp entity.  Let me know whether that seems good or not.

Ok let's say that during backlash and coma, Maegon's mind is extremely weakened and vulnerable to demonic possession. But his body is weak too, so the warp entity has to wait until he recovers.
Either he wakes up or dies... the entity will choose that moment to try to take control of his body.
Nemus is aware of that and will watch over him carefully.

But I wonder how Azrael is aware of that too ?  ???  ;D

Asea Eranion is powerful indeed, while under its effects the Inquisitor would be a match for Kremiel or Hrothgar (and perhaps even Lexander), but Maegon is not understating the side-effects that will come later.  If Maegon were to die of the side-effects, it will not be a pleasant death, either for the Inquisitor or anyone else in the vicinity.  Many other Inquisitors would likely execute him after the battle to avoid that possibility, if they even allowed him to take the substance in the first place.  Azrael has no real concerns about the provenance of the substance, and he doubts Hrothgar does either, though the Dark Angel might, but special precautions will have to be taken with the Inquisitor's unconscious form afterwards.  Hopefully the Interrogator knows the correct procedures.

Great  :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:15:57 PM by LordPsycho »
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a thousand battles without disaster." Sun Tzu

"No campaign plan survives first contact with the enemy" C. von Clausewitz

"You are a ghost, a figure that stands between light and dark, trapped amid the grey." Malcador the Sigillite

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »
Ok let's say that during backlash and coma, Maegon's mind is extremely weakened and vulnerable to demonic possession. But his body is weak too, so the warp entity has to wait until he recovers.
Either he wakes up or dies... the entity will choose that moment to try to take control of his body.
Nemus is aware of that and will watch over him carefully.

Sounds good to me.

If we are going to have two techpriests we could probably do with defining their particular spheres of expertise a little better.  Obviously Azrael has sufficient knowledge of spacecraft to have repaired the voidship, but he is also established as being a pretty decent medic and good with bionics, as well as being able to handle himself fighting in cyberspace.

We could go with one of them having broad but shallower knowledge and the other deeper knowledge of a smaller set of disciplines.  In that case it would probably work best with Azrael being the broad but shallower one and Rhein the narrower and deeper.  This would kind of make sense with Rhein's tech of 6 versus Azrael's tech of 5 as well as Azrael's high cunning and time with the Explorators.

Alternatively they could both have a broad range of relatively basic stuff and deeper knowledge of a couple of specific fields.  In that case if Rhein wanted a more traditional vehicle/steampunk mad scientist kind of route I would be happy shifting Azrael toward psy-tech and the biologis.  On the other hand Rhein seems like an unusually flesh loving adept, so maybe he would rather take the biologis leaning.

Offline Rhein

• Champion of Chaos
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 1
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2014, 11:14:22 AM »
Rhein was only a lower Lexmechanicus before he left the Adeptus Mechanicus - with that, he has only basic knowledge how to deal with the cyberspace and, obviously, AdMech rites. Most of his knowledge was gathered as his life as outcast - and thus, yes, I thought him having a much narrower but deeper set of disciplines. His main expertise are weapons, warmachines and tools of destruction. He has quiet a knowledge about coding and little about bionics, too - but more of the crude and functional kind (and usually that's more than enough, because he's implanting weapons of all sorts). Yes, he's pretty flesh-loving... and not very in line with the AdMech discipline of giving up emotions and feelings. But I have absolutely nothing against letting Azrael handle the biologis-field.. and Rhein seeking his council. That's just making things much more interesting.

Does this work with you?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:50:06 AM by Rhein »

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »
Just my 2 cents: not sure if Azrael and Rhein will be allies, enemies or neutrals in the future, so overlapping skills are not a serious matter  ;)
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a thousand battles without disaster." Sun Tzu

"You are a ghost, a figure that stands between light and dark, trapped amid the grey." Malcador the Sigillite

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »
Expect my IC reply on the morrow.
DM Bjørn

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »
Just my 2 cents: not sure if Azrael and Rhein will be allies, enemies or neutrals in the future, so overlapping skills are not a serious matter  ;)

This is true, but if they are going to be enemies it helps to know where the conflicts will arise too ;)

Does this work with you?

That works for me.  We'll go with Azrael having a broader knowledge base and Rhein having a much deeper knowledge of weaponry and warmachines.  Psy-tech and the biologis are particular hobbies for Azrael, though his clearance level was never high enough to access most psy-tech data, and as such most of his knowledge of psy-tech was gathered through somewhat dubious means (so there won't be too many instances like him knowing what Asea Eranion is).

In terms of maintaining the ship Rhein will be better with maintaining the weapons and possibly things like the power systems, while Azrael will be better with things like life support and interfacing with the ship.  Should they end up enemies that could make for interesting results :)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »
Me thinks updates are too slow...
DM Bjørn

Offline Rhein

• Champion of Chaos
  • Freeman
« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »
true

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
Me is unfortunately super busy at work and at home :-\
But will try to find some time asap to write a cool IC post  :D

Offline Rhein

• Champion of Chaos
  • Freeman
« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
I have fulfilled my duty.

Let's hope the wolves group takes the  blunt of the assault- in fact,  Rhein is happily putting his men in more unexposed places and corners. Except from the converts, as a show of good will and their general uselessnes. He will also happily take shelter in the APC- on the furthest back, right in front of the(hopefully) safety of the voidship.

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »
IC post => done !

Need help from Kremiel and/or Azrael.  ::)

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2014, 04:53:29 AM »
Azrael to the rescue (hopefully)!

I have some ideas for the next step.  I think to control the ship and take off Azrael will have to link into all of the ships systems, including engineering.  Though the daemon is no longer there, he will inevitably be infected by some of the corruption, starting his true fall to Chaos.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »

I have some ideas for the next step.  I think to control the ship and take off Azrael will have to link into all of the ships systems, including engineering.  Though the daemon is no longer there, he will inevitably be infected by some of the corruption, starting his true fall to Chaos.

So sad...sacrificing his soul to save the others :'( :D
DM Bjørn

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »
[OOC: Not sure if Kremiel is on the bridge, if not I'll remove him.]
OOC: The Dark Angels are not present on the bridge during the assault.

That ;)

=> they just joined the deck to secure the Artifacts

Sounds good  :D

Offline Rhein

• Champion of Chaos
  • Freeman
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »
Well, now you got your pay check for bringing this lunatics in :(

How many are they? A squad? More?
A handful of attack bikes and a landspeeder?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:22:04 AM by Rhein »