Author Topic: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 34282 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »
Robhan frowns, "our enemy is done - but so nearly are we.  I suggest that since we appeared back in the great hall, we return there - perhaps with the destruction of these demons some way home will be apparent."

"What say you Master Kaleiman? Do you know of any route back to the land of the living?"

Moving to support Bjorn as he sways, the High Marshal prays for guidance and waits for his companions to respond.

"Through sleep we came here, through sleep we must return."
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
"I call council in the morning, let us meet and discuss what we achieved and learned. I know some of you may have questions to me as well. Regarding the root of this.

In addition, we had allies this night, the one on the roof, the many interlopers, other intervention here and there... I want to know all you can tell me on these topics. Any theory, no matter how absurd.

Also, the loss of the High Hierophant is a hard blow to the temples, but no less to Elinie and myself... she will be missed."

He then follows the others back to the great hall, and presumably from there each to their bedroom.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »
Robhan frowned, to sleep in so dark a place - to lie so vulnerable with darkness about?  :-\

As the others return to their rooms the High Marshal stands watch in the great hall while the companions sought to sleep, lest some lingering foe creep out to slay them 'ere they depart.

Laying out poor Geran before him, Robhan prayed for the touch of darkness to leave the lad's soul, and strove to keep his weary eyes open long enough for the companions to fall into slumber - and hopefully awake in the world of daylight.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
From the ashes of Medlorhie, sactified by the power of the Goddess, which casts away the Veil of Shadows, wispy clouds of light slowly rise;all are bathed is soft daylight.  The light grows stronger yet, a column reaching towards the heavens from which the presence of Avanlae can be felt even by the most ardant unbeliever – the light is comfortably blinding.

The wispy clouds coalesce into a form of light; first, it is featureless, and but eventually it bears the features of High Hierophant Medlorhie Haesen.  She steps from the column, her hands cupped before her, a growing sphere of light held in her hands.

Her soft voice is heard: 

”Avani is great.
Avani is great.
I bear witness that She is the Light.
I bear witness that the Light of Avani is Messanger of Avani.
I bear witness that the Light of Avani is Messanger of Avani.
Make haste to worship and serve the light
Make haste to worship and serve the light
Avani is great.
Avani is great.

Blessed be the All-Father. Blessed be the Name, Haelyn.
Blessed be the All-Mother. Blessed be Her Divine Mercy.
Blessed be the fruit of their union, Cuiraecen.
Blessed be the Lady of Light. Blessed be Her Eternal Light."

She is wholly dressed in the white robes of the Sudawarhi. She says coming to stand before Gaerred and the other assembled.  She speaks to Gaerred:

”Gaerred, the Shadow is mighty in Elinie.  The Shadow is resilient and resourceful in Elinie. You must be strong and vigilant.  You must not falter, Hierophant. Never underestimate it, Gaerred, Never—Not Even for a Moment. Underestimate. It.”

She looks him squarely, but her face softens with a smile.

”But all is not lost though the way forward may not be clear.  For there are no new things beneath the Sun, Gaerred, but manys things that have long been forgotten. Find the forgotten things and find your path.”

She smiles slightly and looks to the assembled and speaks again:

”The Lady is with you all. The Lady shall be with you.”

She looks back to Gaerred.

”Though I walk through the Valleys of the Shadow.”

It is a stock prayer from the Life and Protection of Avanlae, to which all the Elinien (and likely the Holy Order) knows from infancy.

”I shall fear no ill,” is given in response.

Medlorhie speaks again:

”For She is with me.”

”Her countenance protects and guides me.”

”Blessed be Her Name Amongst Names.”

”Blessed Be Her Eternal Light.”

Medlorhie nods at each response ever so slightly.

”And as I was the Light of Avani.”

In this instant, Naire shallowly gasps – Gaerred utterly stops speaking.  Neither Naire or Gaerred speaks for a moment, before Naire slightly bumps Gaerred, who with a sudden breath speaks.

”So shall I be,” He says.

Medlorhie continues.

”Faithfully carry forth the light and illuminate the way of the Lady.
Go in Peace and serve the gods.”

Medlorhie touches Gaerred and begins to step backward towards the column.

Then, she is gone. 

As the room attempts to process the entire event, Naire collapses to her knees and grasps the hand of Gaerred placing it upon her face.

”High Hierophant,” she says ever so quietly.

-----------------------------------------------------

And so it came to pass in the One thousand five hundred and thirty-fifth year of Haelyn’s Divine Ascension, after the fateful Sword and Crown, that the regency of the Life and Protection of Avanlae passed to Gaerred Khaiarén,  Hierophant of the Life and Protection of Avanlae, after the High Hierophant Medlorhie Haesen fell in battle against the Shadow.

Blessed be the Haelyn!
Blessed Be Avanlae!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:51:27 PM by LPA/?? (Gray) »

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
"Blessed are we by the messengers of the gods amongst us" echoes Robhan, the traditional response to a holy vision.

Turning to Gaerred he bows formally, one Cardinal to another, and says "Congratulations High Hierophant, you have been chosen by the gods, let all bow head and sing your praise, for you are thus proven worthy."

Robhan grins, suddenly informal.  "Indeed congratulations nephew, the Khaiarén family have become a full house as Maevous would say!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:37:37 PM by Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy) »
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »
OOC/IC:

The Five KHAIARÉN brothers:

Maevous Khaiarén (1480 HC) - Baron of Rivien (Assumed regency 1510 HC)
  Married, but no living children (his two sons and one daughter all died before the age of 10).

Blaede Khaiarén (1483 HC) - Baron of Soileite (Assumed regency 1520 HC)
  Aeric Khaiarén (1501 HC) - His 1st son and heir
  Gaerred Khaiarên (1503 HC) - His 2nd son, Hierophant of the LPA
  Marcous (1507 HC) - His 3rd son, See below

Saender Khaiarén (1485 HC) - Blademaster of the HTC (Assumed regency 1534 HC)
  No children

Torebhan Khaiarén (1490 HC) - Marquis of Quatil, formerly Count of Sunken Lands (Assumed later regency 1533 HC)
  Wife died; no children, woved not to re-marry
  Marcous Khaiarén (1510 HC) - Marquis of Quatil, 2nd son of Blaede, Torebhan's nephew

Robhan Khaiarén (1492 HC) - High marshal of the HA (Assumed regency 1530 HC)
  No children

NOTE: Gaerred has the wrong birth year in the LPA secrets doc; it carried over from RoEI, but conceptually Gaerred was kept as the young-and-eager lieutenant, so he should have been made somewhat younger.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »
OOC: Yey for the one family in RoE that is composed of siblings/relatives who... gasp... genuinely like each other  ;D

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was the IC thread :(
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »
Bjorn stands enthralled by the scene. He bows at the phantom of the former High Hierophant, appreciating the uniqueness of the moment. Once the transfer of the title is complete, Bjorn approaches Gaerred and says:

"Medlorhie's death was meaningful. Be proud of her. Do not mourn her."

He sheaths his claymore and waits for others to fall asleep. Then he will try to close his eyes and dream his way away from this cursed place. Death is a part of the everyday life of Thultrakka, Bjorn came to accept it long ago.

[Edit: "mourn her", instead of "mourn for her"]
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »
You wake up the next morning - in your own beds; it is as if it was all a bad dream; only you carry the wounds and such of each and every encounter. Of the High Hierophant there is no sign; the servants tell that they found only ash in her bed.

More than a week has passed under the sun since first you fell under the dream-spell, and you are mightily hungry and thirsty. After a great feast you are able to continue pondering the future (i.e. next turn).

You have solved the Vampire crisis in Ansien - for now - but the greater threat still awaits.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
Putting it here as the adventure has ended. DM Jon: This does not belong in the OoC section, but with the adventure.

The Patriach gives heartfelt thanks to all the participants of the adventure.

He is very distressed by the death of Medhlorie Haensen, but the vision from the gods has him asking if there are plans to Sanctify the former High Hierophant, and if so, then he will have a Chapel raised in her name and honor in Ansien.

Bjorn is commended on his valor, and asked to bring a letter praising his abilities back to the Mhor, with great thanks for the assistance.

Rashid tells the adventurers the story of Manethander, how he corrupted his bloodline and was locked away when Rashid's forefather came to Elinie and brought the regime to a halt.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:24:58 PM by DM Jon »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.