Author Topic: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)  (Read 40687 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
"Sacrifice is never wasted. Merely misguided at worst. The Gods recognize your intent, not the result alone."

"All our moves have been predictable, be prepared and see where we can make our path diverge from the fate Manethander has planned for us."

Rashid indicates the straightforward corridor ahead. "For one, do we really have to cater to his desire to play benevolent host?"

"We have done that once before, and it benefited us not at all. I say we move into the servants corridors and approach a little more discreetly."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 09:28:23 PM »

IC:

Elamien, who has been walking with rapier in hand for some time,—ever since the first of the recent attacks by vampire spawn,—follows the others into the interior of the palace.  She pays especial attention to the party's wake, invisible though it may be, lest attack should come from behind; and she therefore largely ignores the splendour, which surrounds her.  However, when the others pause, engaging in conversation or whatnot, she allows herself to admire, appreciatively, some of the architecture and objets d'art, which lend a rather handsome, if, in some instances, a somewhat gaudy or extravagant, appearance to the place.  But she voices not a word . . . or, rather, has not voiced a word, since entring the Tomb of Manethander.

It may seem, to her companions, that Elamien is intently focused upon the task at hand; that she is preoccupied with her private thoughts; or, even, that she is struggling with a ponderous fear.  But who knows, really, other than she? . . . None, it would seem, but she. . . .

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
As he looks for a side corridor, still leading in the direction they suspect goes to the center of the structure, Rashid makes conversation.

"I have a question. One that may be answered by your Holinesses. If we find Manethander, and bring him in a situation where he can be slain, but only by a blow through the heart."

"What odds would you deem the would be stabber has, of avoiding to receive the taint of Manethander?"

"Is there not a great risk, to one who slays awnsheglien by blows to the heart? - The more powerful they be, the greater the risk?"
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
"Is not Manethander a vampire and thus will only die from cutting of his head or exposure to direct sunlight, possible the blessed blade of your forefathers? A stab to the heart would merely render him helpless? Surely he will not be easier to kill than his spawns”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »
Gaerred scowls slightly.

"No," he says.  "There is not, I fear."

"His taint is powerful and runs deeps. While the blood of the Daoutas is strong, I do not think it can weather the taint of Elin and survive unchanged,"  he says.

"Remove his head, Patriarch," he says.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 11:29:26 PM »
At the words of the High Hierophant, Rashid nods and with a glance backwards he persists. "And these vampires who retain their bloodline in death. Their blood is tainted too, yes? - And a risk if consumed by heart piercing?"

Looking then to the Pontiff who spoke first, the Patriarch says; "Manethander is not undead. He may have properties of a vampire, but he is very much alive. Not an undead. And his vampires carry blood too, if they had it in life."

"High Hierophant, might exposure to such blood give one a connection to the source of the taint, while not corrupting one?"

Rashid looks behind some drapes and sees a service door. He looks back at the group, then back to the door where he carefully inspects its lock and sides. "Unlocked." Rashid opens the door and goes through.

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 11:50:44 PM »

IC:

As Rashid crosses the threshold, the voice of his wife follows him:  "If you have some thing to say, my love, then say it."

At the back of the party, she stands, staring directly at her husband and ignoring any other eyes, which may be upon her.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 11:58:07 PM »
Rashid takes a half-step back and leans back. Seeing Elamiens expression he turns fully, standing in the doorway looking out on the stunned faces of the others, and Elamien's unbearable stare.

"My love... We should move on. Find Manethander and get the Book."

As the group turns to Elamien, to see if she replies, Rashid makes an almost imperceptible shake of his head. His eyes are pleading as if he is saying, without words and for Elamien alone; "Not now. Not now."

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
"You pick a curious time for delicacy, Patriarch.  If you could call it such."  Bellamie's tone is disgusted; his stance is wary.  "Caution, though, would have served you better.  Caution would have had you speak privately with those who could educate you.  Caution would have had you hold your tongue until you were certain you understood matters.  Which you still do not."  He shakes his head.  "Gods."  He looks to the proudly defiant Elamian.  "My lady...  you know we cannot continue after that.  Will you explain to him, or must I?"

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »

IC:

Elamien holds her fixèd gaze upon Rashid, looking mysteriously into his eyes, until the Baron has concluded.  She then turns her eyes to Tristan, at which point the muscles in her face and her form relax to some extent, and replies, "I have no thing to say, at the moment.  I am . . . upset, for the lack of a better term.  If you would speak, then I should urge you to do so."

• Sovereign
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:50 AM »
Wallac ponders if Manethanders influence have infected some or all three. It seems out of order, in this place of everywhere, to have this kind of exchanges. Are they mad or are their souls stained beyond redemption

"Remember where we are and focus. Make an effort of will and stay sane"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:47:18 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 01:06:32 AM »
Gaerred looks to from the Baron to Elamien and then to the Patriarch.  He surveys the assembled audience and can only exhale deeply as if debating whether to speak.

"Did you think my opposition without thought or consideration? The ravings of a High Hierophant desirous of old tenets, times and traditions?" he says quietly with a scoffing sigh.

"I pray that I am wrong," he says emphatically looking at the Patriarch.

He looks again to Kalieman and then back to the Patriarch.

"One must wonder: was it that Adaliz truly retained the blood of the Daouta's or was something else at work?  If Mantheander fed upon the blood of Adaliz then there should not have been any left within her to manifest the blood. Yet, as Maester Kalieman stated, master and child are irrevocably bound, a bond which cannot be severed.  Is that not true of all families?  Whether or not there is love or hate amongst siblings?"
he says.

"I wondered why you would take such a strong interest in the blood of the Grey Duke.  It didn't seem to make sense but as I thought on it..." he says.

"Master and child are bound.  Yet, it was not through the blood of the Daouta's that this is made manifest, but rather through the Master's.  The blood is transferred in blood-theft, therefore, it stands to reason, though I pray I am wrong, that when Elamien stabbed Adaliz through the heart, it was the Blood of the Grey Duke that was transferred," he says.

"And if this is true, then there is a 'ghoul' amongst us," he concludes. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:13:27 AM by LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:54 AM »
Rashid turns his face away as High Hierophant Gaerred puts words to the worry that has been gnawing inside the Patriarch for months.

He clenches his fists and before he can stop himself, he has taken a step forward towards Gaerred. He stops, looking at the High Hierophant with smoldering eyes.

"You know there is risk, not certainty. And for you Baron," Rashid points an accusing finger. "I will know what other secrets you might have that involves Elamien, later."

"For now," The Patriarch turns to Elamien. "no one will lay hand upon my wife."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:15:48 AM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »

• Sovereign
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
"What if the High Hierophant speaks the truth?"

"Your peculiar exchanges of late seems almost as if admitting there is something to worry over. Now if you allready had that thought why did you bring your wife here in the first place?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:20:08 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 01:19:59 AM »
The Baron sighs, unmoved.  "Patriarch, control yourself."

"Your wife is not the problem."