Author Topic: Agitate  (Read 8446 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: Agitate
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:42 PM »
Bless the Holy Land throughout Elinie would make things a lot easier.  The bonus to prosperity results in easier DDCs on actions.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »
Keep in mind how temporary prosperity boosts work.

Agitate only takes the actual prosperity. So if you had +/- 1 prosperity before the bless spell, you would still have a DDC of 11+province level and no bonus to DAC regardless - prosperity modifiers affect DDC only and both positive and negative prosperity makes the DDC higher. DDC is 10 + province level + |actual prosperity modifier|.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »
Keep in mind how temporary prosperity boosts work.

Agitate only takes the actual prosperity. So if you had +/- 1 prosperity before the bless spell, you would still have a DDC of 11+province level and no bonus to DAC regardless - prosperity modifiers affect DDC only and both positive and negative prosperity makes the DDC higher. DDC is 10 + province level + |actual prosperity modifier|.

As far as I know, the temporary bonus to prosperity DOES affect the DAC of actions.  This is part of their power and the reason why they are good to have.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
Of actions in general, yes, but not for Agitate. If they did, they would actually make it harder to agitate in many cases, as any prosperity above or below 7 makes it harder. It's very useful for contest, rule, etc. For agitate, however, it makes no difference.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »
For Agitate, as far as I'm aware, it DOES impact.  It makes it harder or easier, and it can cause the province to take higher prosperity losses if the prosperity gets up into the upper end.  It's entirely possible to cast Bless on a province and, the next turn, wind up with a lower prosperity than you started with.  Regardless of the source of the happiness, the people there ARE happy.  It just won't last.

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
I have confirmation of the opposite from Bjørn. Agitate works from the "permanent" prosperity, excluding enhancement bonuses (bless, demagogue, grant: festival, etc). I have been looking into this quite a bit, so I asked Bjørn about it, in depth, a few turns back. It's not really clear from a reading of the rules though.

However, this has also been mentioned in the Regent Guide thread on agitate and Bjørn said he was doing a write-up of agitate again, so I think we should shelve this here. I imagine it will clear up the confusion :)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
Well crap. I call shenanigans!

I hope Bjørn agrees, that since the rules are unclear, it falls to the advantage of the player.  :)

Otherwise I am so screwed on my take 10's.  :(
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:40 PM »
Well crap. I call shenanigans!

I hope Bjørn agrees, that since the rules are unclear, it falls to the advantage of the player.  :)

Otherwise I am so screwed on my take 10's.  :(

Meh, you'll still have 50:50 or so - and don't forget advantage from your local temples...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »
You really think I would overlook a possible bonus?  :)

And 50:50 vs. Take 10 is a really big hit to success rate...

C'est la vie.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.