Author Topic: Scary DM  (Read 8323 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Scary DM
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »
Because the DM has apparently been scaring players, old and new, with his gruff ways, the Lord of Strife has commanded him to be more polite and forthcoming (to trick the players into think he's a nice fellow). So, starting from now I'm much nicer and more polite - enjoy it while it lasts  ::)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: Scary DM
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
And what if old players are scared by this new and gentle DM? Heck, I thought that was how you and Jon worked. Sort of a "Bad Cop/Goofy Cop on crack" kinda theme  :D

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »
Bjørn's not a goofy cop on crack! How dare you imply that!  ::)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
Bjørn's not a goofy cop on crack! How dare you imply that!  ::)

Oh, touché!  ;D

Nah, personally I don't think our fabulous DM (and his quick-witted sidekick) are harsh or scary. The NPC's they run, on the other hand, can be rather intimidating, at times, but so can my mother (and John Rambo), so I take it all in good stride.

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
I think Bjorn isn't scary.

Simply, in my opinion, he has got a lot of stuff to do and he's the referee of a game with more than 30 players; so it's normal sometimes he must be a bit strict. If not, he couldn't manage RoE II as well as he does. I've played in more than six dozens of pbem in my llife and RoE II is by far the best of all.

Just my two coins

Marco 

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »
See, if Jon gets scary and gruff, we know we can appease him with virgins and treasure and such.  What does one appease a Green Knight with? 

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »
In the Arthurian legend "Gawain and the Green Knight", The Green Knight appears at Arthur's court and calls all his knights young boys.

And to prove his boast he says the following:

"And if any in this house holds himself so hardy and is so boldblooded and so utterly mad that he dare strike one stroke for another in return, I will give to him this costly axe, that is heavy enough, and he shall handle it if he likes, and I will bide the first blow as bare as I sit here. If any fellow here be so brave as to do what I say, let him come forward quickly and take hold of the weapon, and I will quit claim upon it for ever. It shall be his very own. And I will stand strongly on this floor to abide his stroke if thou wilt doom him to receive another stroke in return from me; yet will I grant him delay.
   I'll give to him the blow,
In a twelvemonth and a day.
   Now think and let me know
Dare any herein aught say"

So Gawain rises to the challenge and knocks the Green Knights head clean off. But the fellow doesn't fall, he picks up his head and informs Gawain that he expects to see him in a year "to receive such a blow as thou hast given."  ;D

Read the rest of the poem here if you want to know how it went: http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/62.html

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
The Green Knight of RoE seems to me, to be a glory hog... so perhaps you could appease him with such?

*stalks off muttering about Ser Estevan*

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »
The Green Knight of RoE seems to me, to be a glory hog... so perhaps you could appease him with such?

*stalks off muttering about Ser Estevan*

That is Ser Glory Hog to you Baron!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »
How is the Green knight of RoE? I mean compared to the above posted Arthurian legend? Even resembling him just a little bit and he'll be scary

Btw. nice reading; the updatet version that is
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:44:46 PM »
The Green Knight is considered one of the most competent soldiers of all Anuire. He has reputedly fought in wars all over the continent.

He is thought to have been an adventurer originally. Tales of his exploits place him in Aduria, the cold Rjuven north, eastern Khinasi lands and the far far off western isles.

He's won quite a few of the S&C grand melee's and jousts.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
There will be melee and jousting at the S&C?  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:07:35 PM »
How is the Green knight of RoE? I mean compared to the above posted Arthurian legend? Even resembling him just a little bit and he'll be scary

When I get around to posting the rest of the "To calm the dread wind" story, you'll see that though Kaven makes the orders, and does a fair share of fighting, the darned SER Green Knight is stealing his sunshine ALL the time :P (And I am gratefull he did)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »

He's said to be a fine soldier (having fought in many campaigns and battles) and knight (beaten in the joust only by Jaison Raenech), but he's also a snotty bastard who thinks he's got it all figured out (definitely debatable) and is completely egocentrical (not at all debateable). He's also something of a mercenary and a glory hound, and as reckless with the lives of others as he is his own. He gets his name from his greenish armor - but his real name is Estevan Daulton, an he's a younger son of baron Daulton (of Avanil).

He and his merry companions (a unit of knights) are currently in Roesone's service (their previous master was Diemed).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »

He's said to be a fine soldier (having fought in many campaigns and battles) and knight (beaten in the joust only by Jaison Raenech), but he's also a snotty bastard who thinks he's got it all figured out (definitely debatable) and is completely egocentrical (not at all debateable). He's also something of a mercenary and a glory hound, and as reckless with the lives of others as he is his own. He gets his name from his greenish armor - but his real name is Estevan Daulton, an he's a younger son of baron Daulton (of Avanil).

He and his merry companions (a unit of knights) are currently in Roesone's service (their previous master was Diemed).

And no, he was never a PC, mine or otherwise. But he did figure in a P&P campaign before making the "special RoE NPC" cut.
DM Bjørn