Author Topic: So, while the GM's are "processing"...  (Read 8323 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
So, while the GM's are "processing"...
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
...should we just lean back and wait?

I'm guessing it would be annoying for the GM's if they begin recieving mails for the next turn while still working on this one.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: So, while the GM's are "processing"...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:04:51 PM »
Start-stop causing by processing is a pain - I plan to keep rules chatter and blood 'n' thunder to a minimum but finish off Raenwe's story in the bard and do some vanilla dispatches - Robhan needs to say 'hi!' to some lug down south who just turned up for example...

As long as it doesn't need a DM to help out / lob lightning bolts I think it would be better to keep the game going than to stop and wait - people could start wandering off and that causes more trouble in the long term...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »
...should we just lean back and wait?

I'm guessing it would be annoying for the GM's if they begin recieving mails for the next turn while still working on this one.

Speak for yourself, some people around are busy like hell!  :D

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:57:15 PM »
Hehe, I have a ton of Dispatches I need to send to my neighbors, NPC's and even a Vassal Compact to produce. I didn't say I wasn't "busy". - I'm just not distributing.  :)

There might happen something in the resolution that upsets the plans for the next season, so I'd rather not send out stuff that would be chronological nonsense in a little while.

I'm also going to write up more background on my NPC's. Some of which might make it to the Bard, maybe.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »
You're not allowed to conduct #62 actions (even dispatches and such) before #62 has started. However, turn 61 is still officially open, so ask away by all means.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:12:27 AM »
So I can send more dispatches, but the DO's are now final, so the dispatches are chronologically placed in turn 61,5?  :)

That is, some time during the spring before the courts are done sending out commands and receiveing reports back on degrees of succes. Yes?

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
Nothing further can be done that would warrant an action - the things you're doing this season are settled.  You're free to talk back and forth, though, as long as you don't try to arrange new agreements or similar "action"-type things.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:23:31 AM »
I will be trying to get use of my Diplomacy action with IHH's statefaith Roesone as soon as he gets well enough to reply - I hope that wont be a problem
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »
I figure that no amount of chatter has any impact until you carry out the action in the DO - so you can talk, agree, etc on what diplomacy you plan to carry out, but until you do the DO its just hot air with no support outside of your regent - maybe a hanful of close looey's - who may not agree unti you win the action...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
Oh, I'm sure there is plenty of room for offending people while the turns are processed.  ;)
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

• Sovereign
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »
Or for those of us that did the offending in advance theres time for repairing the damage done to the relations that took serious offence  :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:36:36 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »
Offend more people! It's fun!
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »
Um, I better post that the GM's prefer that we do not put "61,5" in the topics of emails sent at this time, there is no such thing as a turn ",5".

I just figured it might make it easier to see, later, which emails were sent before or after the DO's were locked.  :)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 02:14:29 PM »
Hehe... how about "Turn #?? Late Whichever-season-we-are-in"? But I guess that's why it's nice that most email-services timestamp stuff :P

• Sovereign
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »
Why not stick with #61 for stuff concerning the recent DO? I for one is still resolving a little diplomacy and adventure stuff. I think Dispatches to DO turn 61 is also still allowed. I am going to continue doing this untill told to stop