Author Topic: The Prince's Tourney - The Debate  (Read 11722 times)

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
Re: The Prince's Tourney - The Debate
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2011, 08:48:36 AM »
Duke Ghorien then signals his intention to speak, now that everyone else has begun to chatter and snipe. He stands to speak and looks at every face at the table while he does so.

"First I would like to thank her Highness for inviting Ghieste to this debate and the festivities that surround the tourney. Second I would also extend those thanks to the Arch-Prelate for speaking so comprehensively on the matters before us."

He clears his throat and looks directly at Cloene. "I have always considered manners to be important; it is one of the things that seperates us from the animals in the field or Goblins in the forest. Those who fail to show them sully their own reputations and would perhaps do well to mind them." A pause and a more generous smile for the room. "His Grace the Duke of Osoerde, as excellent a candidate as he might be, is already very heavily committed personally to the Crusade that the current Pontiff has declared. That, combined with the complicated political history of his Grace, makes it very difficult to see how he could successfully manage those people we have here present in such an activity let alone the wider auspices of Anuire."

"As to the efforts and missions themselves? Of course Ghieste will do at it may to ensure the satisfactory process of the mission. The Steel and Blood of Ghieste will provide all it can for the fight we all face." And with that he sits back down and sips his drink.

His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Brosengae [Cloene] (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 19
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Cloene signals his his intention to speak and stands to speak again.

"Thank you Duke Ghorien for bringing civility back to the order of speech."

He make a small graceful bow at the duke. and turns his head to Aubrae.

"Thank you your highness, your have laid my doubts to rest."

He then adress the entire room

"Duke Alam and Baronetess Lamier both raise valid points though... What of those nobles not here today? And how can we make the terms more clear?"

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »
"That would be one of my charges - to expand the number of members in this initiative to include those not present today.  Or at the very least give them the opportunity to join, free of any outside pressure and from an educated viewpoint."

The Princess signals a servant to refill her glass, and continues.
"However I believe that if sufficient of those present today where to show a favorable mindset towards this initiative, then others *will* flock to the banner, if given half of an opportunity.

To answer your questions, Duke Carilon, I cannot know the mind of the Boer's. But so far neither them nor I have engaged in renewed hostilities - and even though peace-talks broke down when last we met, at least we are talking. I do not want yet another war like the one that laid waste to most of the Heartlands and the West, and thus I will not work towards it, but strive to maintain the status quo, that was broken when Boeruine invaded. That is all I can presently promise in that regard.

It is my hope and belief, however, that if we look to fight alongside the temples against the shadow, the council in Boeruine will acknowledge the greater threat, and see the wisdom in not drawing steel against their fellow man again."

Waving the servant away she takes the glass and touches it lightly to her lips, before setting it down before her.
"As for vague terms, I agree. A framework would need to be set down... if nothing else, then at the very least the intent and purpose of this initiative. Of the top of my head, I would propose the following:

Firstly, that we pledge ourselves to creating a defensive initiative or pact against the shadow. The specifics of this initiative will be hammered out in the coming season, at a meeting in Bindier, Brosengae, but I would suggest that its sole area of influence will be to prepare and act against the shadow as best we are able.

Secondly that this alliance will seek to work in concert with the conclave, be it through force or other secular and arcane means.

Thirdly, that while we cannot claim neutrality, nor withdraw ourselves from the politics anymore than a fish can withdraw from its natural element, the members of this initiative are to be held accountable for their actions and the actions of those that serve under them at any and all times in which they act under the directions and charges as put forth by this initiative. Again, the specifics needs to be hammered out, but I would suggest that it will be up to a select group of peers to make judgement in case of a breach of this point, and that any and all sentencing will be dealt with by every other member.
Simply put - if one man dishonors himself and this initiative through villainous or downright treacherous acts, and needs to be dealt with accordingly, the punishment will come from *every* other member of the initiative at the behest of a tribunal of his peers."

Aubrae rests one delicate hand atop another and looks around in the room.
"If this is agreeable as a starting point, then I shall consider these talks a success and start preparing a more thorough concept and idea for the season to come."

Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
The Duke of Ghieste bangs the table with his fist in approval saying, "aye, aye!"
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »
Cloene applaud and his delegation join in.

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
Duke Carilon bows his head towards Princess Aubrae and says

" Aye, Your Grace. The three points of your declarations have Alamie's approval.

As for the leader, the First among Peers as I called him before, I  propose to see how many realms will join our side in Bindier next season. If many will join us and if the Westeners, through diplomacy I  suppose, would no more represent a threat for us then I think Princess Aubrae should have proved to be a worthy leader and organizer and she'll have Alamie's support for that rank."

He then looks around the hall studying other regents' reactions

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:23 PM »

IC:

Elamien Lamier has maintained an indifferent expression on her face, since speaking last.  She now breaks her silence and states, "I believe that appearances matter, particularly in a diplomatic context.  And I therefore suggest that this alliance not be created, in the absence of clear support from, both, Boeruine and Diemed.  In fact, I fear that haste will only alienate those, who are not here present.  And would that not be a sad development, indeed? . . . In other words, I advise patience."

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:03 AM »
Cloene looks a bit puzzled at Baronettess Lamier. But then say: " I am terribly sorry to interrupt like this, but both will be invited to Bindier this fall. "

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 07:58:14 AM »

IC:

"In my mind", replies Elamien, "to exclude Boeruine, Diemed, and certain other domains from the formal foundation of this initiative would be to insult them . . . whether unintentionally or not."

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
Aubrae turns to Elamien, with a small smile plastered to her face.
"I am sorry that you would think my actions insulting - Amira-Zawja is it?. But in *my* mind, we would be insulting all of Anuire if we postponed any initiative to unite against, and fight, the shadow, merely in order to uphold certain formalities and avoid stepping on toes."

She pauses.
"I shall be in contact with the higher nobility in those realms and areas who have not sent a representative today. As a long standing ally of Avanil, I am certain that Archduke Carvaloen will be interested in hearing of this - I understand he's recently had a brush-in with malignant powers, and I assume he will not oppose an act to thwart it - and I imagine that the Archduke of Osoerde would not be opposed against any move that brought more men into a fight he is already engaged in.

As for Boeruine? Well it is my understanding that they are still dealing with the problems of headless state, ruled by a council. I might be able to persuade some, but others will be opposed based solely on the bad blood between us. Until they have solid leadership once more, and an official head, I do not believe we'll see much in the way of word on this matter from them."

She pushes herself up from the table.
"I have sufficient support on this matter, that I will consider the rapid birth and first staggering steps of this initiative a great success. No one has run screaming away, or directly opposed the idea, and every input has so far been of great value. That is good.

I will assume responsibility for this now, and see to it, that when next we meet, in Bindier," she gives a nod of recognition in the direction of Cloene "an outlined paper will be drafted and ready for discussion and signing. Until then, I shall hold those who have voiced their interest and support to their word, and suggest that we even now consider how we might best prepare Anuire against current and former incursions from the Shadow-world.

With that in mind, should anyone present feel they hold valuable information or intelligence that they would like to share with others, now is the time to do so. Or, you can send it to my court, and I shall see to it, that it is copied and transferred on to those with a vested interest in our people's future."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:07:44 PM by Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten) »
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Sea Witch/Aneira (John)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
The young Sea Witch sips her watered wine and brushes a lock of dark hair away from her face.

"It is no secret that the Veil which separates our world and the Shadow World has thinned in recent years.  Northern Alamie is but one example of this, Ilien is another," she says in a soft voice.

"This thinning of the Veil and the heightened presence of Shadow-stuff and Shadow-spawn has presaged the return of the Lost.  Some of the Lost we know of, including Shaitan, mightiest of them all, whom many today know of as the Red Wind.  While Shaitan was not present at Deismaar we know that he primarily focused his earthly attentions on menacing those of the Andu who remained in northern Aduria rather than crossing into Cerilia."

"It is hard to know how great cooperation between the Lost is, though the histories would lead us to believe they constantly vied with each other – and against each other – for Azrai’s favour.  What we do know is that they are actively seeking to bring about Azrai’s return.  What we do not know is why the linkage between seeking Azrai’s return and their active promotion of the false faith in the One True God.  The Eyeless One, known in ancient scrolls as the Prophet of the Apocalypse, tried to turn the hearts of men away from our Gods.  That is well known."

"It is also known that Shaitan himself is behind this false faith of the One True God.  The priests of this false god in Ilien were his, and he had further priests spreading their heretical teachings elsewhere – including somewhere that was open to their message, which I suspect to be somewhere outside Anuire itself, most likely northern Aduria.  This was the region he dwelt in prior to Deismaar, and this is again the area where he has been seen since his return."

The Sea Witch pauses to take another sip of her drink before continuing, her voice as soft as before. "The Red Wind spent quite some time digging through the dirt and refuse beneath the streets of Ilien.  The former Countess of Ilien believed he found what he was looking for.  We do not know what it was he was looking for, but in the coming months there will be an expedition to see if anything can be discovered from the bowels of the city."

"The former Countess also revealed Shaitan described Ilien as holy in the eyes of his false god.  If any have any knowledge of Ilien’s history that might explain why, that could be most helpful to all of us as we consider the threat facing Anuire.  Or if any had the resources to study Ilien’s history."

"Should the expedition fail to produce any useful evidence, it is my intention to travel to southern Aduria to see if I might find where Shaitan has located himself or his false church."
Aneira Taren, Sea Witch of the South Coast.