Author Topic: OOC - Mirror: The Bonds Would Break... aka Manethander - Adventure Action - OOC  (Read 26524 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Mirror: The Bonds Would Break... aka Manethander - Adventure Action
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 07:36:18 AM »
:)  Methinks, this is going to go poorly.  How prepared are people really?

I'm doing some last minute research to gain a few more tricks. - But surely the mighty Osoer is participating, yes?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Yeah.  I've got that feeling of impending doom and I'm not even going  ;D.

Just don't throw rocks at ancient artifacts... it never works out well - trust me.

Speaking from a purely observational point of view, you can't really say that, if you haven't tried it more than once.
If I were you, I'd fling a few more rocks at various artifacts and note the reaction - maybe even pen them down. Then afterwards, you can try to make some kind of qualified guess based on that.  :D

Also you need to work out what kind of reaction you are hoping for in the first place. Is "nothing happens" a good thing or bad, or do you intend to use the last result as a basis of future reasearch?

Really, this is something you should dedicate the rest of your life to, methinks.

also, it is very entertaining to read about.  :D

P.S.

It may come as a surprise, but I don't think I have anything to spare for this.

Offline X-Roesone/SG (Shido)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
  • Count Saender Ghoried
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
Perhaps I can add to the research : I'm throwing rocks at the castle in Devien for some while and nothing ... perhaps it is not the proper kind of artifacts, but anyways, I'm going to apply "Mercenary theorem no. 99 :"
In case throwing rocks at artifacts of any kind results in nothing, apply heavier rock.

Back to the topic - any volunteer to relieve me from throwing rocks at the damn castle? I think black baron is perfect for this type of suicidal adventures  :)

Count Saender Ghoried
Crown Regent of Roesone
First councillor of the Spider River Traders
Royal guild of Roesone

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 01:09:09 PM »
How about the Green Knight? I am sure he could prove quite usefull in this epic adventure
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »
How about the Green Knight? I am sure he could prove quite usefull in this epic adventure

He did not return from the Ilien adventure last season.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »
He is....... unavailble
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
He is....... unavailble

The Countess is... taking care of him.   ;)

As for my participation, I have to say what I've said to several things so far - I'll have to finish the thread I'm in with Bjorn before I can be sure.  But unless something radically changes, Tristan will most probably be joining this effort.  Niels, he'll probably talk to you about it when he meets you in Moriel - I'm guessing we'll wind up going from there to this adventure.  I'll hopefully have some of my own news to bring, as well.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
The Aegis tried several research actions, but got nowhere - someone had clearly come along beforehand and removed incriminating records...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
The Aegis tried several research actions, but got nowhere - someone had clearly come along beforehand and removed incriminating records...

Yes, possibly my family to the Elinien Royal Library. Which is why I am looking high and low for someone to agitate in Osoeriene, so I can  influence That action and spend another of my own on research.

I have also an inkling that Bjørn revealed that some information was not available until a descendant of Daouta is at the actual location. So I may run in to a dead end too.

The only things we know is that holy water, wafers, silver and holy symbols are efficient tools. Strength of mind and blood helps too. Sunlight helps most of all... But that is going to be hard to find without serious realm magic making it happen.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »

Yes, possibly my family to the Elinien Royal Library. Which is why I am looking high and low for someone to agitate in Osoeriene, so I can  influence That action and spend another of my own on research.

*****'s.  Osoeriene, check,

I have also an inkling that Bjørn revealed that some information was not available until a descendant of Daouta is at the actual location. So I may run in to a dead end too.

Yes, we are rapidly running out of Daouta's...

The only things we know is that holy water, wafers, silver and holy symbols are efficient tools. Strength of mind and blood helps too. Sunlight helps most of all... But that is going to be hard to find without serious realm magic making it happen.

The holy stuff we have by the bucket, if you fancy garlic I can arrange it.  I was thinking more along the lines of magical weapons, means in and out of the shadow world, local guides/allies, defences against illusions/charms, etc.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 12:20:33 AM »
Magic items make for a poorer world flavor wise.  :P

An item of Deathward is obviously something that would be priceless on a mission like this, blocking drain of ability scores and levels. - But, unfortunately I do not even dare ask for it, since I get shot down hard every time I being up that items could sometimes be nice to have as part of your character.

At adventure level, our ECL and actions will count. Not which items we bring, unless near artifact type items specifically for the task at hand. - Like the Sun Sword is obviously strong vs. undead, it is not overwhelmingly so.

As for a local guide, Daouta's, or maybe just the ruling line, can locate the lair just by trying. Shadow world stuff... Well, thats not my forté, but I find it given that it will be involved, since a large numbers of troops are currently not possibly to find in our world.

Oh, what did you say about Osoeriene? - You got censored.  :)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
He is....... unavailble

The Countess is... taking care of him.   ;)

As for my participation, I have to say what I've said to several things so far - I'll have to finish the thread I'm in with Bjorn before I can be sure.  But unless something radically changes, Tristan will most probably be joining this effort.  Niels, he'll probably talk to you about it when he meets you in Moriel - I'm guessing we'll wind up going from there to this adventure.  I'll hopefully have some of my own news to bring, as well.

The same is also true of Osoer. He needs to finish his thread - and the news of the Grey Duke isn't likely to reach him before WM 4 if not WM 5 or WM 6, and it will take more time to make it to the battle, particular since nothing says where the battle will take place...

Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
An item of Deathward is obviously something that would be priceless on a mission like this, blocking drain of ability scores and levels. - But, unfortunately I do not even dare ask for it, since I get shot down hard every time I being up that items could sometimes be nice to have as part of your character.

I think one thing you COULD do is to spend actions specifically aimed at gathering proper equipment for the effort.  For instance, using Diplomacy with a wizard (like Kalieman?) to have him create magical items for the heroes going might give a bonus to their ECL's for this adventure.  Or contracting with the dwarves of B-A to prepare silver blades for a unit of Regulars or the officers of the units participating.  In that situation, the items become the inventiveness and flavor of the actions spent in support of the adventure, which seems perfectly in line with how the game operates to me.  The important part being that actions are spent in support, and they are clever and on-target in their purpose and descriptions.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
I buy that one Bobby. Diplomacy and some GB spent to get silver weapons. How much for 4 units? All Crack so I guess my budget supervisor will aprove  ::)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
Your time might be spent better learning a realm spell that produces the same effect as well - maybe a version of Bless Weapon or something like that.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...