Author Topic: Adventures  (Read 3121 times)

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
Adventures
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:03:09 AM »
What is the usual protocol with regard to adventures? If I know for sure that I am going on an adventure in turn 61 (which is very likely :P), can we get started on it right away - with emails or on the forum or whatever, or should we wait until the turn 61 DO has been sent in?

Would you like advance warning that a player is going on adventures, so it's not a surprise upon reading the DO?
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Adventures
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »
You should start the adventure as soon as possible; do not wait for the DO deadline! If you want you can make it an 'open' adventure for all players to read about (not that they would know IC what happened, but some adventures are a nice read) or stick to e-mails if you're doing secret stuff.

Good examples of open adventures can be found in the old forum.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Adventures
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
How exactly do I go about an adventure?

Do I just send you an email stating that I go into the wilderness to kill monsters?

Or, and I think this is closer to the correct way, should I declare a goal I would like to accomplish, describe who I take with me and any preparations we do, including at what point of danger we'd cut and run, and then let you summarize our expeditions level of succes?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.