Author Topic: Turn #62  (Read 16035 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Turn #62
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »
Hello All,

Just a general reminder -- a the closing week of the turn you should be trying to start/complete any of the following:

Diplomacy - You will want all diplomacy items to be concluded by the end of week because the terms/tenets MUST go into your DO.  At this point, it is wise to contact those you have already made arranagement with and ensure that you and they are on the same page (for what is going into the DO tenets). 

Interactive Adventures - Start them now or accept that they will be primarily DM Fiat. 
Start them now or accept that they will be primarily DM Fiat. 
Did you catch that?

Domain Order - Start Filling in your DO Now!  By filling out your DO now, you can begin to get a better idea of what you still need to do, and what resources you need to commit, etc.  Many veteran players at least have a DO outline, long before the turn ends, and it is often very helpful in framing the path towards your Domain Agendas.

Dispatches - Don't forget the power of a dispatch.  If you can't get a diplomatic arrangement filled out, then try using a dispatch.  They are awesomely powerful, and can at least buy you time to reach an appropiate arrangement.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
Re: Turn #62
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »
Domain Order - Start Filling in your DO Now!  By filling out your DO now, you can begin to get a better idea of what you still need to do, and what resources you need to commit, etc.  Many veteran players at least have a DO outline, long before the turn ends, and it is often very helpful in framing the path towards your Domain Agendas.

I'd extend this even further. Write up your draft DO for the coming turn as soon as you've got your last turn returned. It makes it a lot easier to know how many actions and resources you have to play around with if you have already written down all the ones you 'have' to do. If you know you only have a few court actions to spare, you'll have to think harder about accepting to go on that Adventure somebody suggests to you.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
Gosh no, why if I'd done that I wouldn't have had to trawl through a hundred emails and thread posts this morning to try and dredge out where I'd agreed what in time to submit today  :-\

Sigh, live and learn, I meant to keep track as I went along and forgot - more fool me  :-[
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
And don't try to do anything too clever at the last minute, make sure you have the basics covered, especally the concept of what you are trying to achieve - it is more important to have this kind of detail than it is lovely flavour text so that the DM's can see what you wanted to do. They might even feel kind if your sheet has a couple of errors on it but they can see what you needed to do. :)
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:46:55 PM »
I have mail pending to Bjørn before I can finish my DO. Mail sent some 5 hours ago so I realize I am a little late. However the possible requirement of a supporting adventure action to S&C was not planned by me and I want confirmation before I turn in my DO
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »
I have mail pending to Bjørn before I can finish my DO. Mail sent some 5 hours ago so I realize I am a little late. However the possible requirement of a supporting adventure action to S&C was not planned by me and I want confirmation before I turn in my DO

Turn it in, as you would like it to be, today. They will review it and get back to you if you have to change it. Its better to deliver, than to not.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
Which I intend comming midnight if I have gotten no reply before that :-)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »
Done with the DO. Pending the wrath of the DMs should it turn out to be full of trash, I would say that it has been a bit less painful than last time. Call it the learning curve.

Between that and resume-polishing the Sunday is bust :)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »
I believe I may have been a little ambitious with my DO :)
Duke of Ghieste,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »
My DO is 57 pages long...  ::)

I really hope the next couple of turns are less strenous. 3 years of this level of activity is a little daunting.  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35:18 AM »
Niels as DM I would kill your domain before 3 years have passed if for nothing else to lessen the burden of work ;-)

I have just mailed mine. I had problems with my Gmail sending due to connection. I used my alternate hotmail

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 03:21:15 AM »
My DO is 57 pages long...  ::)

I really hope the next couple of turns are less strenous. 3 years of this level of activity is a little daunting.  :)

Please, please tell me you're joking?  I can't even envision that.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 06:36:43 AM »
I hope that's because there is a loooong block of very narrow (column-wise) treaty entries. It IS possible to include treaties below the boxes instead...
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
And I thought my 19 pages without my fic written for it was bad....
Duke of Ghieste,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »
I hope that's because there is a loooong block of very narrow (column-wise) treaty entries. It IS possible to include treaties below the boxes instead...

Yup, it is. I might switch to embedded documents or something, or maybe internal linking...