Author Topic: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 23107 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »
As you stand there, marveling at life, you see a shadowy figure watching you from the manor's roof. He gives a brief wave with his hand, like an old friend would, and then disappears out of view.

I think I just realized who this shadowy person was -- Vimoerean Vanadere...

I am slow.

Well then I am slower... The name rings a bell, but who is that?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
The Iron Rider (recently deceased in Ilien) , no?

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »
*click*

Oh no.

Do you know what that "click" sound was?

Sometimes, when presented with enough information, my brain leaps across the known data and then extrapolates what the worst possible outcome could be, if these datasets correlate.

I just had a "click".

The Iron King, undead, traditional, wants to rule Anuire, somewhere to the north. The holder of the Book of Law can decide much, alone on the claim that "it is written".

Thus he would want the Book.

Manethander, the last of the Elin line, undead, traditional, wants nothing more than a stable eternal Elinie to rule over.

I see many reasons the two could decide to work together, and very few why not. And this is bad. Very bad.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
*click*

Oh no.

Do you know what that "click" sound was?

Sometimes, when presented with enough information, my brain leaps across the known data and then extrapolates what the worst possible outcome could be, if these datasets correlate.

I did that earlier this afternoon looking at the Turn 61 SR.  Specifically, at the Aduria entry, indicating that a civil war began two years ago but has been kept largely quiet and unnoticed by anyone in our end of the world until recently. 

Now, who do we know down in Aduria whose plans changed radically two years ago and who would now have a strong interest in taking control of a large landed domain and army?  And would have the capacity to foment a civil war, confident that he could win it?

Just so everyone knows, in a couple years or so, we're SCREWED.

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »
Now, who do we know down in Aduria whose plans changed radically two years ago and who would now have a strong interest in taking control of a large landed domain and army?  And would have the capacity to foment a civil war, confident that he could win it?

Just so everyone knows, in a couple years or so, we're SCREWED.

On the bright side for you - if you are right you at least get to watch me go down in flames first.

Actually you all have nothing to worry about - nobody beats the Governor  >:(
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
nobody beats the Governor  >:(

Except Jack Sparrow!
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »
I've received IC warnings about the threat from the south and that is a major part of my reason to go poking at the Obelisk (which might or might not be a meaningfull response to said warning)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2009, 08:31:04 AM »
I've received IC warnings about the threat from the south and that is a major part of my reason to go poking at the Obelisk (which might or might not be a meaningfull response to said warning)

Whatever the result, it is fun to read! I'm glad that such adventures finds their way to the boards.  :D

• Sovereign
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »
Thorsten you are welcome  :)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »
OOC: Everyone is waiting for me to respond, and I have been busy the last few days.

"Your Highness, if you would allow it and so desire, I can remain for a few weeks and we can discuss how our realms, one in the Daylight and yours, in the Twilight, can be of aid to one another both now, and in the future.  Of these others, I would like to see them returned to the world of Daylight if you are so inclined."

OOC: I am attempting to engage him in Diplomacy, I suppose.

Nice move - I hope you succeed