Author Topic: OOC - Mirror: The Bonds Would Break... aka Manethander - Adventure Action - OOC  (Read 26421 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Hello all!

This is an OOC heads-up, that the adventure to destroy or imprison the Vampire Lord; Manethander, the Grey Duke, is taking place this turn.

If you are anywhere near Elinie, you can expect an IC contact in the near future, asking if you have adventurers or other resources that can be used against this foe.

I do it this way, since too often, people are planning their actions very early in the turn, committing to actions. - SO! - Not you know, please reserve an action to go fight the undead if you are inclined to heed the call!

P.S. I plan to inform the Conclave, so any temple member is almost sure to hear the call.

Link to Adventure thread: http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1085.0

Link to War thread: http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1088.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:37:37 AM by DM Bjorn »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Manethander - Adventure Action - Headsup!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »
I'm in!

:P
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
The temples seems eh a bit distracted by some stuff taking place in Ilien. Perhaps you better send that call real soon if you wish to be heard over the conclave members yelling at each other  ;)

But I am suiteable impressed that the Patriarch will lead such a dangerous venture into harms way himself :-)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
I probably won't go. I feel Im short of expendable regents right now.

• Sovereign
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »
Heh maybe I should send the Pontiff ;)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 10:54:37 PM »
I suppose it is too much to hope that the Patrirach has some sort of plan?  Perhaps some anti-vampire weapons, etc?  Support from the shadow world people who helped last time?

I suggest that the Patriarch calls in the OIT and Osoerde both of which seem keen to be involved.

Robhan is busy with goblins at present, but I have a looey ready for the slaughter.  I'd appreciate them back in one piece but have somewhat bad feelings about the idle ramble into spok central that appears planned,

Sigh, I think my turns actions are all taken before I've even thought about what I might want to do, the joy of being a temple...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »
I'll be sending out IC calls tomorrow evening by the looks of it. Got my grandmothers birthday tomorrow, starting ridiculously early, but ending early as well.  :)

I do hope to find the time for a few research actions that might yield some last minute hope. - Tshalen is still lost somewhere though, and he had a bloody big and tough army with him. I worry we may need serious troop support to break in. (Of course, that might just allow their weak minds to be overwhelmed and attack Us.)

I think it really will be easiest to coordinate so many people by getting the IC adventure thread up ASAP, and all "to all participants" dispatches can be put there.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:35 AM »
Why is it again the Patriarch think now is the right moment? And why on his call?

Just out of curiosity for without a clear plan I think it just might end up with a bunch of pc running around and taking shifts being clowns with vampire bites in their necks  :o

Just make sure to, IC, to take heed and else cover your arse  8)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
Indeed.

What is certain is that Manethander has the coveted Book of Law, and is using it to break from his prison. - And he will succeed on the Night of the Dead this season.

So, the strike is this season. I am performing more research that might give an edge. His minions are harmed by silver and can be kept at bay with holy symbols. - He himself is all but impossible to destroy. I believe re-barring his tomb is the probable result. - But again, more IC tonight, I do not have time right now.

• Sovereign
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
I see the adventure thread, The Bonds Would Break on the Eve of the Dead, has been started but I've yet to se the OoC announced invitation on forum
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:50:24 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »
The invitation is up. I could not bear the thought of sending individual emails to you all, bear with me and pretend you got one.  :)

• Former players
  • Regent
Re: Mirror: The Bonds Would Break... aka Manethander - Adventure Action
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
For Bjørn, regarding the non-stealthy approach (calling for Dr. Allcome), yes that is inevitable in this situation.

Getting the forces of evil out in the open might mean a greater foe, but we have no more time, and with a little luck, we'll have the opportunity to destroy the entire network if they reveal themselves.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:04 AM »
:)  Methinks, this is going to go poorly.  How prepared are people really?
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Sovereign
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 06:43:01 AM »
You mean how prepared are people to see what they send there to die instead of returning home?

As a Haelyn temples I can not see I have any real choice but to come with whatever I got

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 06:48:20 AM »
Yeah.  I've got that feeling of impending doom and I'm not even going  ;D.

Just don't throw rocks at ancient artifacts... it never works out well - trust me.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell.