Author Topic: #69 Court in Elinie / Domineering Temple  (Read 12587 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
#69 Court in Elinie / Domineering Temple
« on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:07 PM »
OOC:

So, shall we?

Baron Khaiarén's Court awaits. - Perhaps wait for the P&H though?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:47:02 AM by DM Bjorn »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: #68 Court in Elinie / Domineering Temple
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »
OOC:  Baron Khaiarén's Court awaits. - Perhaps wait for the P&H though?

why, do you want to weep at the damage the LPA did to your income before ranting and demanding revenge?  We only have until mid-Jan and xmas is in the way, plough in, plans are for the faint hearted...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
The Patriarch and the High Theurgist arrive with their retinue at the estate of Baron Khaiarén.

There are several of the men wearing the colors of Arcane Avanalae, and the Patriarch's Bodyguard who, in the past, was appointed by the High Hierophant of LPA, now wear the emblems of ArA and if one were to know them, one would note a few new faces among them.

The schism has reached from high to low, the damage done to Elinie by the reckless actions of the jealous High Hierophant are considerable.

The High Theurgist, being formerly a senior member of LPA, is recognizeable as Marsaf ibn-Daouta. He is a man of middle age and considerable mystical power.

They greet the Baron and confer with him in private, awaiting the arrival of the other factions.

OOC:

If Points East or HA express desire to arrive with the Patriarch, this can be coordinated and I will edit accordingly.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
The High Hierophant arrives with Marquis al-Rasshad but also senior council of the Life and Protection of Avanlae. These 13 individuals (currently only 12 sheiks and hierophants; the difference is like the difference between a Marquis and Baron) serve as the leadership of the Life and Protection of Avanlae.   Not unsurprising, there is a large retinue for so many dignitaries.  The senior leadership of the Life and Protection of Avanlae is most like a mirror for the nobility of the eastern Anuire, as members from many noble families are represented, from Khaiaren to Haensen and Ghierout to al-Rasshad.  At the head of the council, the High Hierophant runs the day-to-day activities of the temple and forwards the providence of Avanlae. 

With the Council of Chalse having ended, the morale of the Life and Protection of Avanlae appears very high.  In fact, amongst the clergy, both in the senior and mid-ranks, there is a palpable sense of unified purpose and no grumblings, even remotely, of any religious schism.  Moreover, it is said that the Life and Protection of Avanlae has not had a High Hierophant as strong in faith and might since the Age of Heroes.  It appears that in the High Hierophant, the LPA is inspired.

As the LPA arrives, its plays begin filtering into the noble houses, for some it has been years and many have looked forward to reunions with family. 

Even in near chaos, there are reasons for joy.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:54:28 AM »
The High Marshal rides in at the head of an Aegis military patrol looking thunderous.  For all that he is come home to his brother's house he does not relax for a moment, the steady stream of messengers bearing news of goblins, vampire sightings, raiders, heresy in the south and suchlike make clear that he considers the current discord to be gross luxury that should have been discarded long ago in favour of far more important duties.

Robhan's mood towards the vainglorious toadies and amitious underlings about is near murderous, comments crafted by such vapid folk to indicate their side's righteousness are answered with tales of burnt fields, empty homes, and the Shadow moving freely in the discord where duty to work to the common good has been discarded in favour of pride.

The High Marshal clearly feels that the decision to bring Elinie to the brink of civil war has been taken far, far too lightly by some of those present and that resolving the dispute should be the highest priority of all.
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
The renowned archmage Kaleiman appears at the court. Rumour-mongers spot him meeting with both the High Theurgist and High Hierophant of Avanalae, including a long range of lesser representatives of both temples.

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »

IC:

Diplomats from the Points East Trading Guild, wearing thistle garb with regimental embroidery, arrive at the estate of Baron Blaede Khaiarén, in the spring of 1537 HC.

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »

IC:

Diplomats from the Points East Trading Guild, wearing thistle garb with regimental embroidery, arrive at the estate of Baron Blaede Khaiarén, in the spring of 1537 HC.

IC:

However, shortly thereafter, suspecting that multilateral talks, pertaining to the dispute between Patriarch and High Hierophant, may not transpire, the PETG representatives avoid diplomatic conversations and prepare to depart.

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 10:48:51 PM »

IC:

IC:

However, shortly thereafter, suspecting that multilateral talks, pertaining to the dispute between Patriarch and High Hierophant, may not transpire, the PETG representatives avoid diplomatic conversations and prepare to depart.

IC:

But preparations are merely preparations; and, in this instance, they are not followed by immediate departure.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »
The day after arrival, the formal proceedings are scheduled to begin.

When appropriate, the formal complaint of Elinie is presented:

"High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén has performed the ritual of excommunication upon the Patriarch of Elinie.

This has caused great damage to the province of Ansien, and provoked armed conflicts where innocent blood has been spilled.

It is the view of the Patriarch and his Court that this act was in gross violation of appropriate conduct for a temple of the Realm, and Elinie demands satisfaction for this assault.

Can the LPA answer these complaints? - Or will they admit the error of the High Hierophant and make amends?"

After stating this, Khalid, the Royal Diplomat, resumes his place and await the next speaker.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
The lower reaches of the Grey Hills are very beautiful in the spring sun - snow is melting in the higher elevations and every brook and stream is overflowing. The first flowers show themselves between tree trunks and old snowy patches. It is surely a sign from the Goddess that the new will replace the old, and that the Sun will shine ever warmly upon the lands of Elinie.

The court of Baron Blaede Khaiarén is located in eastern Mholien, not far from the border of Soileite. It is not a very large or rich court, but more of a frontier military outpost - it is located here because it sits on the flank of the most likely invasion route from the north. Goblin raiders cannot usually make it through Mholien, but are channeled into Soileite and slaughtered there instead. Shoudl they make it to the lowlands they will be far from Ansien and other towns, and easily dealt with by the Pariarch's cavalry. If Morcosoer could be civilized...that could really improve the fortunes of this region.

With Baron Blaede is also Count Riegon Dhon (also a Count of Aerenwe). He rules the western province of Sendouras for the Baron - the Baron cannot easily oversee that province himself, for of all of Elinie's provinces it is the most remote - separated from the rest of the realm by the wide and rugged Grey Hills.

And for those of you that haven't thought about it; Gaerred Khaiarén is the second son of Blaede Khaiarén. And Robhan Khaiarén is Blaede's younger brother, en hence uncle to Gaerred.

---

Gaerred is nowhere to be seen this day; in his place stands another man, of pure Khinasi ancestry. His is of middle age, and there is no mistaking his family ties - he has the chin and nose of the al-Rasshads.

"I am Mohammad al-Rasshad, Hierophant of the LPA.

Gaerred has stepped down as High Hierophant. He will now spend his time in communion with the Goddess, waiting to hear what she wishes of him.

I am henceforth Mohammad al-Rasshad, acting High Hierophant of the LPA.

It is I who will be representing the temple and the Lady in this matter.

My first act as High Hierophant is this; let the excommunication end.

My second act is this; let this matter lie, do not look to the past to try and find grievances, look to the future for friendship and everlasting glory."
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
Robhan looks sorrowful but his voice is clear.

"Much Shadow is still abroad in Elinie, despite the destruction of the Grey Duke, and always the Shadow seeks spread mistrust and discord, and seeks to turn the forces of the light against each other.  I suggest therefore that the acting High Hierophant and the Patriarch agree formally what each expects, needs, and desires of the other in the future and document such understanding that misunderstanding and confusion do not again turn to bloodshed.  Specifically I suggest the accord include consideration of the ArA, control of law by the LPA, support in times of war, etc as all of these contributed to the current discord."

"The LPA, with the Aegis, restored the Patriarch to his throne a few years ago, the LPA was a leader in the fight against the Grey Duke as it has always led in the fight against the Shadow, the LPA is too important to Elinie for a dispute like this to re-occur though failure to make proper accords."

Robhan settles back next to his brother and seems both relieved and mournful.
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »
The new High Hierophant looks to the High Marshal of the HA with a bow.

"We are resolved to bring order to all these matters, bring the conflict to a halt once and for all, and ensure that Elinie is strong once again. For the benefit of all.

The ArA priesthood is dissolved and incorporated into the LPA, bringing with them ideas of new paths to tread. In this regard, I welcome the archmage Kaleiman amongst our ranks. He will guide the LPA in the times to come, again for the betterment of Elinie.

As for all other matters, I am certain that we will be able to hammer out a treaty in the coming days. With the blessings of Avani upon us all."

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Baron Khaiaren has not moved throughout the proceedings, nor spoken, nor reacted. Icy silence emanates from him, even as his brother speaks and sits next to him.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
Among the Patriarchs people there are quiet whispers as the new development is absorbed.

Then the Rashid takes the word.

"Elinie is overjoyed that cooler heads have prevailed. We welcome High Hierophant al-Rasshad as a friend and ally.

With the ArA peacefully merging with the LPA and the priests of ArA returning to their prior ranks in LPA, it is my belief that we shall prosper as a nation.

To consolidate the good standing between LPA and my court, Hierophant Marsaf ibn-Daouta, is welcomed as my lieutenant and the official liaison of LPA. Through him, my ear will never be far from Avanalae and the LPA's voice, nor will the LPA lack insight in the matters of realm in Elinie.

Elinie will not lay claim to all Hierophant Marsaf's time however. He will be free and able to perform his duties within the LPA for two thirds of each season, or spend that time at court if LPA and Elinie's interests are served best thus.

I also suggest, that we meet at the immediate conclusion of this hearing, LPA and I, to arrange a new treaty between us that restores the holding support of the past.

Certainly, this, is warranted.

With time and continued good will... I firmly believe, that the LPA and Elinie can improve upon this... very basic new treaty.

Maester Kaleiman is welcome to stop by my chambers, that I may congratulate him on his new appointment. I am sure he can tell me much about what this entails."

Then Rashid yields the floor for the next speaker and retakes his seat.