Author Topic: RoE 3 - The Tael Firth  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 11
  • Bringing the evil into your lives
RoE 3 - The Tael Firth
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »
So it seems in a close fought competition it seems it was the Tael Firth that won out. We are not entering Phase 2.

Phase 2 - Outline setting - continue RG work - Outline potential domains.

So I will begin to work on broad brushstrokes of Setting itself and while doing so also work up the likely player available domains. My aim is to juggle the numbers for the next 48 hours and present a draft to the DM team for review.

The current hope is to drive for publication and probable opening of applications by the next weekend. I am well aware this is a tight time scale for the amount of heavy lifting that is needed but if we don't maintain momentum we'll lose it.

There is also some thought to be done on DO submission and what gets presented to players each turn - I have some radical thoughts on that so we will have to see how that pans out. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:02:11 AM by DM_Matt »

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (JP)

• Count and Grand-Maester Guy de Nichaleir regent Endier (JP)
  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
Re: RoE 3 - The Tael Firth
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:20:12 AM »
I am not sure where you want this type of info but if you need some help with excel let me know.  I am by no means an expert but I do work with on a daily basis.  I am willing to help where possible.
Count and Grand-Maester
Guy de Nichaleir
Regent Endier

"Haelyn himself will be your leader ... Wear his holy symbol as your badge. If you are killed your sins will be pardoned ... Let those who have been fighting against their own brothers and kinsfolk now fight lawfully against the Swordhawlks."

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:23:17 PM »
On a sliding scale of 'Vanilla' <-> 'Green Knight's raving madness' would you put your intentions for the game w.r.t. holdings (manors?), domains (micro vassals) and classes (nobles)?
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 02:46:59 PM »
Manors and Trade holdings I think we would intend to keep; I feel they balance some of the numbers that otherwise get a bit too reductionist in tone.

Micro Vassals - they will exist, though we may flatten some of them out. I would not recommend them for players :)

Classes? Dear gods not got there yet. I will probably include the noble class in the list, yes. But frankly it is not top of my list for defining characters. It is on the list, but not near the top yet.

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
Classes? Dear gods not got there yet. I will probably include the noble class in the list, yes. But frankly it is not top of my list for defining characters. It is on the list, but not near the top yet.
What!?!?! I'd already started making custom prestige classes!   ;)
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline Aeric (DM Matt)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »
I have not no. I have instead been building project plans and reading through everything I can to assess various strengths and build strategies for the launch domains  :P