Author Topic: #69 Court in Elinie / Domineering Temple  (Read 12565 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: #69 Court in Elinie / Domineering Temple
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »
Al-Rasshad: "Perhaps we should just continue without my son? We can inform him of the results later on. if he proves difficult the Hierophants will surely have a change of heart and appoint someone more reasonable - the Dhon woman is, as we discussed, another good choice."

There is agreement along those lines.

"And certainly the LPA must commit to blessing to the best of its abilities - three or four provinces per season. Just like in the old days. And that it will agitate on behalf of all just rulers, as often as is practical and possible. And the must be suport between temple and regents, that is without question. For you can expect no less of the state faith of Elinie.

You may even keep you pet temple Patriarch - unless you find it more practical to join it with the LPA and have your men assume positions of some importance?

For this the LPA shall have nothing in return, save the support of the Patriarch and his nobles, and the joy of being the true faith of Elinie. Only, the LPA is a very poor temple these days; perhaps the Patriarch - and his wife - in their wisdom and compassion, will think about a small grant to ensure the strength and growth of the state faith?"

Khaiarén: "Indeed. And should the Patriarch be willing to agree to terms, not too disimmilar to these, then we could proceed to look at the rightful tribute due to dour sovereign - and other issues of land and law."
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
"Thank you for your support High Marshal. Your dedication to peace and justice for Elinie will not be forgotten.

Will you forgive Mohammad and the LPA?

We will work to make this a peaceful solution after all."

Then, assuming superfluous aides and other hangers on are removed from the room, we leave Elinie for now to be continued in quiet giggles and joyous mirth as the day the Patriarch exploded, when referred to in future stories.

OOC: Back to emails, alright?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:19:08 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
OOC: High Marshal? He's not here; he's talkign to 'young' Mohammad (who is near enough 40 years of age).

The Khaiarén here is Blaede - High Marshal Robhan's older brother, father to damned Gaerred, you main vassal...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
OOC: High Marshal? He's not here; he's talkign to 'young' Mohammad (who is near enough 40 years of age).

The Khaiarén here is Blaede - High Marshal Robhan's older brother, father to damned Gaerred, you main vassal...

OOC: If you look above, wayy up, the High Marshal came in and fairly declared that he was ready to destroy the LPA as heretics. If you missed that post...

Of course, the nobles are clearly demonstrating that they are in full control of the LPA. This is very much to the Patriarch's liking hence his plea that the HA also relent.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:22:19 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »
Ah, well, I certainly missed that one...I assumed the HA/LPA were off to their own little diplomacy.

Never mind me then!

Yes. We can move over to emails.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »
Ah, well, I certainly missed that one...I assumed the HA/LPA were off to their own little diplomacy.

Never mind me then!

Yes. We can move over to emails.

Not sure how I could miss the BIG HA post...I just saw the one right below it...guess that can happen with double-posts.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:04 PM »
Robhan speaks more hopefully than before.

"The terms discussed by the Lady Elmaier are far less generous to the LPA than those the interim high hierophant cast in my face and refused to discuss.  I asked merely that the interim high hierophant consider sharing in the burden, not bear it entirely.  Likewise the penance offered more than I suggested should be considered, I asked him merely to consider the Patriarch's view and that they may have erred - scorn my only response."

"Like the Patriarch I would like to have the future High Hierophant - whoever that will be - look me in the eye and say with conviction 'let the past be done, let the future be bright, let us work together to grow stronger together, let us ask what we can do to aid the land not what we can gain from it'.  I am willing to trust however that in the face of unified realm the LPA will accept a less aggressive and more constructive role."

"If the LPA are willing to work towards peace, as they were not before when I sought to seek from them, if the LPA has relented its arrogance and fury and no longer deserves my opprobrium, then I will withdraw my decree of de-recognition and settle outstanding matters with them when they have had time to rest from these accords."

"The Aegis will support the LPA in calling blessing on the land, Elinie has need and we will answer - I will ask Marshal Riordian to liaise with the LPA to ensure than the blessings of those Holy are shared between her faithful - and should the nobles feel that their lands have been overlooked then pray call on us and we will address the need.  Similarly if the LPA wish we will aid them in rebuilding the churches destroyed in the war or by long neglect - we have already begun such rebuilding in Osoeriene where temples of Avani are currently supported by the Aegis until they can receive their more natural guidance."

"Like many of the nobles I am willing to support the LPA in aiding the land - should they need support or aid in meeting their duties towards Elinie then they have but to ask and explain their need and I shall answer it as best I can."

"The only term mentioned by the Lady Elamier I truly am unhappy with the the pilgrimage.  Not because I disapprove of pilgrimage, not because a goodly period of quiet reflection might not cool tempers and settle much, but simply because there is a great deal of work to do and the Patriarch cannot delay adding his effort - Elinie needs all its people now.  I suggest an interim measure of what the Aegis know as 'silent days' - no more than a single day a week, when a person who has been through time of trial withdraws to solitude, or with at most a single spiritual guide, and speaks their heart to those Holy and seeks to listen for their response until their soul is troubled no more.  Perhaps the LPA would offer a counselor for this so that they may see a measure of his soul and he of their wisdom - such understanding has been sorely missed of late."

"My thanks to the nobles for their support - they have wrought a peace that I could not and I praise them for their wisdom and prowess."

"I said also that I would heed concerns of the nobility however and one has been aired so I should say what I know of it.  The Lady Elamier's brother vanished when the Grey duke was defeated.  In his absence - and that of other potential heirs - the Lady Elamier inherited.  My priests investigated the matter and found no sign of wrongdoing on her part, they found no other heirs, no sign of Karlaf.  Nonetheless the Lady was aware of the concerns and swore Oath to me that should her brother return he need merely walk into the temple of Avani at Highsun and ask of her, and all that was his would be restored to him - I know of little else that could be demanded of her in this matter."

OOC: I find rants oddly easy to miss  - anger goes in one ear and out the other.  Well, Robhan has to eat his words, but at least he can console himself that the nobility were persuaded to rein in the LPA.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:07:47 PM by Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy) »
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
Blaede: "Thank you for your aid brother. I am sure that there are others that now require your counsel. If you will excuse us, we have quite some work before us."
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:38 AM »

IC:

“Before you go”, says Elamien, addressing the High Marshal, “let us speak the very truth:  I never swore any such oath.”

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 06:23:47 AM »

IC:

“Before you go”, says Elamien, addressing the High Marshal, “let us speak the very truth:  I never swore any such oath.”

IC:

She continues, “If you wish to discuss your apparent misunderstanding, then I should be willing to meet with you later, in a more private setting.”

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:34 PM »

IC:

She continues, “If you wish to discuss your apparent misunderstanding, then I should be willing to meet with you later, in a more private setting.”

Robhan raises a surprised eyebrow, that was certainly my understanding of our discussion, and indeed was the sole basis on which your inheritance was entrusted to you, but certainly we can discuss your misunderstanding if need be.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded