Author Topic: Boer's Landing - Relen in the forenoon.  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 0
Boer's Landing - Relen in the forenoon.
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Greetings my gentle Lords and Ladies and well come to Boer’s Landing, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Esme Tamlin, I am the daughter of the Lady Margeet. I am here to greet you in my capacity as aide and personal secretary to the Lady Chatelaine.

Please make yourselves comfortable, can I get you some refreshments? Some wine? We have some acceptable vintages. I am told that the local brewers make an excellent spring ale if that is more to your taste. Or some tea perhaps?

The painting? It is just a scene typical of the Ruideside in the autumn. You like it? Oh thank you Milady, I did it myself. Why yes, I enjoy painting portraits and landscapes in my spare time, and I have been painting the Lords and people of the Ruideside
Esme Tamlin, Aide to the Lady Chatelaine.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
Re: Boer's Landing - Relen in the forenoon.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
Would you like to see some more while you wait?

Wonderful! Right this way please. I am quite proud of them actually; you will let me know what you think, yes? I beg your indulgence Ma’am, please forgive the mess and clutter, this is where I paint and as of yet I have not hung any other paintings. Just give me a moment, ah yes, here we are. This is one I did of my step fa…, I’m sorry, I mean of His Excellency the Lord-Commander. A thoughtful pose don’t you think?

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
And here is one of the Lord-Lieutenant, it seems strange to call a woman “Lord” anything does it not, Milady? However, it is the phrasing the Countess prefers, which is somewhat odd as she takes the title of Mistress of Foot rather then “Master”. Why yes, she is niece to the Baron of Tariene.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »
Let’s see, who else have we? Oh I rather like this one, such an interesting face has Moergan! This is Grand Master Donalls, he is, I believe, an uncle, or perhaps second or third cousin of the Thane herself. Yes, yes, that is correct Milady, he is Master of Horse, but also the Warden of the River Frontier as well.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »
The Lieutenant-Governor? Why yes Milady, I did one of him, though I must warn you it's not one of my best though... it’s here somewhere…. I really should tidy these up. Ah here it is, I present to you Senior Captain Johan Wulfhauten. Why yes he is quite handsome and a most terribly fierce warrior as well, though a bit of a rake if rumour is to be believed!

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »
And this one is... why yes that is Marshal Sigismund, our Warden of the South, well done Milady! I did not know that you were acquainted.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Who is what brute? You mean this fellow?

Why that is no brute, Milady, that is First Brother Skarlsmann. Oh there is no need to worry Milady, Sigurd is rarely in the capital, he is most often out on the western border, he is the Warden, you know, but even were he here you would have no cause for concern Ma’am, but he is truly very gentle, a man of few words he is, though he does look most fearsome.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
The Warden of the North? Why yes Haile, I should say Sub-Commandant Moere has posed for me, let me see. Yes here it is. I hoped to express her popularity with the people, she has the common touch, something uncommon among so many great Lords and Ladies, present company excepted Milady, of course. Think you that I have captured that aspect of her personality?

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »
Ah, the Lady Chatelaine is free to see you now Milady, we had best not keep her waiting. A portrait? But of course I have painted Mutti. Oh I am sorry; I should call her by her name, Karollina Malkapf. Mutti?  It is the Brecht term of endearment for one’s mother, you see, and it is what we all call her, she is, besides Lady Chatelaine, the Camp Mother, she is the widow of the first captain-General, you see.

Offline Esme Tamlin

• The Young Miss
  • Freeman
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
You are too kind Ma’am, I too have enjoyed our brief sojourn.

Why yes Milady, of course you may return to see more, I am flattered and honoured that you think them worthy of interest. Yes, yes, of course Milady, the day after tomorrow would be fine, and yes, I am sure that mid-afternoon would be fine, ma’am. I shall have the cook prepare us a light luncheon, would cheese and cold chicken be acceptable? Wonderful! But wait one moment, here please allow me to make a gift of the woodland scene you so enjoyed, no, no Milady, I insist, it is the least I can do to repay your kindness.

Until Varilen then, Milady, I look forward to it.

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:50:57 AM »
This is one I did of my step fa…, I’m sorry, I mean of His Excellency the Lord-Commander. A thoughtful pose don’t you think?
Oh hush Semmie, you may not be my daughter by blood, but you are in my heart. I have no shame in my affection to your mother or to you. You and Geets have been naught but a joy to me from the day you entered my life, and I will not deny your connection to me.

And yes, a most thoughtful pose, let's not tell them I was losing an argument to your mother at the time, shall we?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:54:17 AM by Ruideside/OM (RP) »
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"