Author Topic: The future of the Anuirean nobility  (Read 17785 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: The future of the Anuirean nobility
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »
Chamberlain Dosiere remains quiet - it is know that he has never recognized neither Ghieste nor Tornilen...but then again eh never recognize Raenech as Duke OR King.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 08:50:24 PM »
The Sword Mage smiles in grim satisfaction.

"Good, it will be a welcome distraction. Tomorrow at dawn it is. With blades to the death or surrender, Cuiraécen's Will be done."

She turns back to Lord Dosiere.

"Then let the Chamberlain speak, if he so chooses, otherwise I am done with the matter."

OOC: Small edit, changed "to the death" to "to the death or surrender", just to give me an out :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:53:34 PM by Tornilen/SM (Alexander) »
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
The Chamberlain leaves, and so does Tshalen.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
Sir Guy de Nichalier looks at the Sword Mage

"The Chamberlain doesn't have the Imperial Power.  His recognition is meaningless, except as a moral victory.  The recognition that counts is that of your peers. 

I would wish you luck on the field, however, I fear the Daulton clan has suffered enough this season, and I would prefer no further deaths for them."
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 09:21:47 PM »
"I have no particular wish to kill Sir Estevan Daulton, if I defeat him I shall accept his surrender and I hope he will show me the same mercy - or not, as is his right. If he wins, I will not mention this slight to my honour again, if I win, Baron Tshalan must withdraw his accusations."
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:15 PM »
Ser Estevan isn't around unfortunately; he doesn't have the rank to attend these things. Probably out carousing and whoring instead. Like a good noble warrior.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »
Musaraf speak lowly to an aide.

"Isn't Lord Estevan Daulton, known as the Green Knight?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
Yes he is.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:38:22 PM »
Lord Dosiere looks torn between triumph and annoyance that he's no longer interesting after the dramatic turn of events. He jowls at the Count of Endier as they both leave the proceedings.

"And who are you representing!? Your precious Pontiff? The Knighthood? The Duchy of Diemed? The Nichaleirs? The Heartland Outfitters? Or the County of Endier?

It is said: You can't serve two masters. You serve SIX Nichaleir!"

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
The Pontiff entering as Lord Dosiere leaves stare Lord Dosiere in the eyes and dryly remarks

"I believe the answer to your question is Count Nichaleir’s real master is Divine Haelyn. Now have you something you wish to discuss with me? Perhaps we can go somewhere more private?”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
Lord Dosiere seems a bit in over his head at the close encounter with Pontiff Isilviere.

"Your holiness, all men are servants of the Gods. And of course I shall be delighted to talk to Your Holiness, if Your Holiness wishes it."

• Sovereign
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
“Yes please do”

Silent for the first 30 steps and walking at a slow pace the Pontiff seems to choose his words with great care. When they get outside the Pontiffs bodyguards, The Knights of the Sun, make sure only Lord Dosiere’s entourage and bodyguards or the Chamberlain can get near the two of them as they slowly walk in the park.

“Lord Dosiere I am a Scion of a long noble line myself; I understand where you come from. But as Pontiff for the Conclave of Temples I have more important matters than this. The Grand-Maester is the commander of the military arm of the Conclave and as such too has important responsibilities. Many believe the Gorgon defeated but the truth is we know not if he is. Pontiff Gielbert Aurlien saw the willingness of the Sword Mage to repent and forsake her evil ways. He chose to forgive her past transgressions and charged her with serving the Conclave to fight the awnsheglien when called upon.

While the Sword Mage certainly is no saint she have never the less answered the calls from the conclave once and again. Recently she assisted me fighting the Red Wind on the other side of the Veil. Together with me, Baron Kaven and Baron Bellamie the Sword Mage helped protect Anuire against evil. Does it make her a saint? Certainly not! But it shows that the Conclave can rely on her to put her considerable powers to work for the protection of Anuire.”

Lord Dosiere seems to be listening albeit he voices no opinion of himself yet. Appreciating Lord Dosiere’s attention the Pontiff speaks his heart on the matter.

"I hope the duel between the Green Knight and the Sword Mage end without either of the two losing their life’s because a day will come where Anuire need all the help it can get to defend against awnsheglien. But I expect it not and it saddens me that human realms fight each other when so many dark enemies threaten the very existence of all humanity in Anuire. If at least someone had the power to defeat all opposition and reinstall the Empire it made sense but none seems to have that power.

As Pontiff I cannot get involved on either side in those conflicts or the position of the Conclave will get impossible – the temples can ill afford to get involved in the power struggles of the sovereigns. History has showed time and again it turn against the temple in the long run. We can only hope noble men such as you will listen and put away their differences if not forever then until the greater threat from forces of darkness have been vanquished.”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »
Without expression, Sir Guy de Nichalier quips

"Ah, Lord Dosiere, you answer a question with a question.  Clearly you've been taught the basics of debate.  The very basics."
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 01:24:56 AM »
"I didn't come here for duels and such your Holiness, I really didn't! I find that as detestable as any common murder. But there are many who looks at that whole Heartland mess and think, what's to become of Anuire if the nobility is up for grabs? I mean Roesone broke loose and became sovereign... I guess they're ok by now. But Ghieste and Tornilen? Who allowed them to style themselves Duke and Duchess?
 Emperor Roele gave those titles to the leaders of the original Anuirean tribes. I mean they aren't equals of the Dieman duchy, or the Osoerdan or the Aerenwean. They've got no real Anuirean noble family, they're outsiders, dangerous to our very way of life.

Can't you see that your Holiness?

If Anuire starts breaking further apart in the centre, we in the periphery will suffer!"

• Sovereign
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
"It is not my place to acknowledge who is having what title and who not. All I know it the fight against the dark is very real and not at all finished nor won. I need the Sword Mage to do the work of the Conclave of Temples but I fear tommorows duel will mean her death."

"I cannot say I really know her but I know her as a companion that you can depend on; and believe me she can fight. Now I hope Sir Estevan dont kill her before she finish her redemtion and save Anuire & her own soul."