Author Topic: Conscripts — Levy & Leidang  (Read 8050 times)

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
Re: Conscripts — Levy & Leidang
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »
Andy. You are way out of line.
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

Offline Silver House/ClDh (Bobby)

• RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Regent
  • Regency: 1
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
Guys.  Enough.

You're BOTH throwing insults and losing your tempers.  It's uncool, it's destructive, and it's extremely unnecessary. 

Andy, you're a GM here now.  That means your input and opinions will have a lot more weight than Bob's if-and-when this game ever happens.  It also means you have a higher responsibility to maintain a positive environment, which in some cases means sorting out the disagreements so you can proceed, and in some cases means swallowing what you want to say and walking away.  Do one or the other.

Bob, you're getting increasingly belligerent against people who have a different style of gameplay than you.  I'm heavy, heavy on the Roleplay side of this game, much like you seem to be.  Some people are farther on the tactical or empire-building sides.  Those are valid styles too.  I've played in two versions of Birthright that were utterly different games, I've seen a third, and I've been in similar games in other settings.  All of them had their underlying assumptions, all had rules and mechanics that deliberately promoted certain concepts or styles of play.  You can promote your own.  You can't hammer people for not SHARING your preferences. 

In the end, one of two things is going to happen here - either this campaign will die without Matt, or it will begin UNDER THE RULES HE ADOPTS.  None of this, NONE of it, not the writing, not the debating, and definitely not the fighting, is actually deciding a thing.  Let it go.  If you want to continue, I suggest you step away from hard rules and start discussing, politely, the fundamental concepts that you've been basing these rules proposals on.  Try to start understanding where one another is coming from, even if you still don't agree.  But find a way to talk in a cooperative way or stop talking, because you're very close to driving me away from this site and this game entirely.

Offline Ruideside/OM (RP)

• Otmar Messer, Lord-Commander, etc., etc., etc.
  • RoE3 (Rjurik)
  • Noble
  • Regency: 7
  • Come let us discuss this...
    • Bob's Worlds
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 12:19:02 AM »
I have not thrown a single insult, nor have I lost my temper.
Trust me, when I do decide to do either of those things - you will know it.
By the Grace of My Own Right Hand, Lord Commander of the Federated Free Companies, Governor-General of the Ruideside, Marshal of the Realm, and Captain-General of the Brethren of  the Black Flag.

My Tollanar blog: https://bobsworlds.wordpress.com/

"If reason won't work - try violence"

Offline Yggdrasil (DM Andy)

• Demigod
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
Guys.  Enough.

You're BOTH throwing insults and losing your tempers.  It's uncool, it's destructive, and it's extremely unnecessary. 

Andy, you're a GM here now.  That means your input and opinions will have a lot more weight than Bob's if-and-when this game ever happens.  It also means you have a higher responsibility to maintain a positive environment, which in some cases means sorting out the disagreements so you can proceed, and in some cases means swallowing what you want to say and walking away.  Do one or the other.

My apologies Bobby, point accepted.
Sometimes the gods are neither subtle nor slow to anger