Author Topic: Carvaloen is temporarily Unavailable  (Read 3739 times)

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
Carvaloen is temporarily Unavailable
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »
The Lord Seneschal would like to inform you that His Grace is off on holiday with his in laws for a week, and it looks that that time should overlap just perfectly WRONG with the time that the Great Black Dragon decides to open the floodgates of the DO Return Fluries.  Such is life.

I am on vacation this next week, Saturday February 21st through Sunday March 1st With my In laws in Florida.  I will have my computer with me but I have no promise of Internet availability or even the opportunity to take advantage of it.  This just so nicely coincides with the opening of Turn #62 so please don't take my initially slow start with apathy or IC laxness.

and by the way.  I, who am a pale metal head who needs an Ethernet jack installed into the back of his head, will be spending a week at some place called "The Beach" with my wife's parents.  (As I understand it there is sand there, and I think the Ocean as well.)  ...Please pray for me.  :o   
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Carvaloen is temporarily Unavailable
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
"The Beach"? I saw that movie! Great soundtrack  ;D

Just watch out for the drug smugglers when you're out there

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
Sand and laptops don't mix too well, salt water and laptops/mobiles do even worse.

Rinse immediately in still water, don't wait for it to dry - the terrible wisdom learned far far too late....

On the plus side a beach may also include barbecue's and bikini's so all is not lost.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 10:36:11 AM »
bikini's in January?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 02:49:28 AM »
Tis the Magic of the place called "Florida", We headed to the Airport in "Indiana" today, amongst a snow storm that blotted out visibility and dropped 5 inches of white slush to enter this magic machine we set in for two hours only to come out in some land called "Florida" where people have tans and there are palm trees.  A 24 degree Fahrenheit to 75 degree difference...  It's about as close to a teleport spell as I can imagine.  ;)
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 03:29:49 AM »
Technology really is like magic these days.  A flick of a switch brings light and heat.  My wife can sit at a computer and click a handful of buttons, and two days later furniture arrives from the other side of the planet.  Airplanes fly through the air at ridiculous speeds carrying hundreds of passengers thousands of miles, not once, but a half-dozen times a day.  And I'm chatting with people in multiple different extremely foreign countries right now, as a simple daily activity.  Not even significant enough to merit notice.  Damn, we're good.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
bikini's in January?

January ???  That's a serious time difference, I'm practically in March!

I've been to Florida once, it wasn't even summer and I practically melted - when I wasn't dodging swarms of bugs in the evening or being ripped off by locals.

An Australian colleague at work is the only one who loves the glass lift on the outside of the building, when its been sunny all day she goes in it to 'remember home' - the rest of us avoid it as much as possible as it gets so hot.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded