Author Topic: Adventure actions not involving other players  (Read 5591 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Adventure actions not involving other players
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
Hello

I have an adventure action in my DO... Now it sounds like the DO processing is nearly complete, and I've had 0 interaction with the thing.

What should I be doing? - I've even sent an email with details on how we were gonna do it, but no reply. - Seems DM's are more active on the forums, so now I try this.

Anyone else have similar situations? - Should I be worried?
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Adventure actions not involving other players
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
Most adventures should be resolved as part of DO processing; DM time is limited, and it is impossible for us to go deep interactive on every adventure.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
Yes of course!  :)

But zero interaction is sorta worrying too.

I'll re-arm with patience.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:07:23 PM »
Yes of course!  :)

But zero interaction is sorta worrying too.

I'll re-arm with patience.
I'd say 90% of all Adventure actions happen without any (or a least minimal) interaction. If you are really keen on some interactive adventures, I'd suggest e-mailing the DMs long before the DOs are due so it can be resolved during the turn itself.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
I'd say 90% of all Adventure actions happen without any (or a least minimal) interaction. If you are really keen on some interactive adventures, I'd suggest e-mailing the DMs long before the DOs are due so it can be resolved during the turn itself.

I agree, since the start of RoE I've done plenty of adventures, but if memory serves me right only one of them involved any form of interaction (incidentally that was the adventure when Even "killed" off my first regent).

Or actually I think I used an adventure action to impregnate Marlae Roesone too  ::)
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »

I agree, since the start of RoE I've done plenty of adventures, but if memory serves me right only one of them involved any form of interaction (incidentally that was the adventure when Even "killed" off my first regent).

Or actually I think I used an adventure action to impregnate Marlae Roesone too  ::)

Oh great. Killing off a regent without interaction... Sounds... "fun"?  ;D

I do have my focus mostly on the strategic parts, so I'm not requesting hours upon hours of "face time" with our dear DM's. But its good to hear that its "usual" procedure.  :)

I do think a guide of some kind, on how to "set up" an adventure in the DO could be cool to have. Sorta, define goals, define information gathering, define tools, define method etc.

I saw DM Jon give a whirl at something high-level overview like. Maybe that could be expanded upon.

Regarding the small print... Well, too bad its not a "live action" RPG... Or considering DM Bjørn is playing Marlae, maybe its a good thing.  ;D

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
... Well, too bad its not a "live action" RPG...

Wow, now there's a thought!  Birthright LARP?  Wouldn't that be a cool way to finish of RoE2?  Everyone could get together for the grand finale (Turn 80?) at some vacation resort or something similar.  :)
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »
... Well, too bad its not a "live action" RPG...

Wow, now there's a thought!  Birthright LARP?  Wouldn't that be a cool way to finish of RoE2?  Everyone could get together for the grand finale (Turn 80?) at some vacation resort or something similar.  :)

Of course, it would have to be a place that the rest of the family could enjoy...   Hmmm....
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight