Author Topic: Turn #69 - Tribunal in Ilien  (Read 36634 times)

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
Re: Turn #69 - Tribunal in Ilien
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
The Cardinal wait quietly until Maire is finished then standing she nods briefly in the direction of Moerdred.

"I concur with young Moerdred. It would be churlish of us in the extreme not to hear the information already obtained by the Pontiff's investigators. Though I do reserve the right to question further to calrify my understanding of the evidence. With the a soul in the balance we cannot be too careful."
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.

Offline X-Sea Witch/Aneira (John)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
The Sea Witch leans forward with interest as she observes the High Priestess of Nesirie's incantation, her eyes following each facet of the light and the behaviour of those at the centre of events.
Aneira Taren, Sea Witch of the South Coast.

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
The archduke leans over to Altaweir... "A question that's been bugging me since yesterday... So you found no traces of magic in the sickness but what that drove a whole company of knights to homicidal madness with disturbing dreams of ghosts and whatnot?  Or to the sudden glassy-eyed changes in disposition to the people of Ilien?
--Archduke Diemed

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
Death magic sire. That was the charge. The use of magic in war is not illegal or corrupt. Just certain kinds.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:42 PM »
"My misunderstanding Altaweir... I wasn't implying all magic on the battlefield was, but I was told by some of my advisers, an acolyte of Ruornil actually, that magic which mentally enslaves was considered an offense to Haelyn... especially enslaving an entire populous or moving a group of men to commit murder.  If she had simply flung lightning bolts at me I wouldn't have asked you such a question... and it then goes without saying that you did not find any evidences of necromancy raising the dead under the city?  Also, I recall that there happened to be what was it? mages from Aduria gaining entrance to the city through the weakened veil in the sewers last year. It would be presumptive to draw any connections save shear coincidence?"
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2011, 11:10:08 PM »
"Do you feel any burder upon your soul? Don't keep it inside, let us know."
"No your Holiness. My heart is filled with faith in the gods, and by thier grace I feel no burden on my soul."

"If you have anything to confess, don't hesitate and do it now."
Geraldine is thoughtfull but silent.

"Did the Shadow touch you?"
"I do not believe that the shadow have touched me. "
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
"My misunderstanding Altaweir... I wasn't implying all magic on the battlefield was, but I was told by some of my advisers, an acolyte of Ruornil actually, that magic which mentally enslaves was considered an offense to Haelyn... especially enslaving an entire populous or moving a group of men to commit murder.  If she had simply flung lightning bolts at me I wouldn't have asked you such a question... and it then goes without saying that you did not find any evidences of necromancy raising the dead under the city?  Also, I recall that there happened to be what was it? mages from Aduria gaining entrance to the city through the weakened veil in the sewers last year. It would be presumptive to draw any connections save shear coincidence?"

"Perhaps a priest of Haelyn would find it offensive. The servants of the Moon god does not. Wizards have varying talents, some call upon lighting, others compel men to do their bidding. Neither is worse than the other. And honestly - I do not think the soldiers care much for the difference.

As for the undead - we have looked long and hard my liege, and it was ever my wish to find some evidence, but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing. Ilien's veil has been weak for as long as anyone can remember, and we, the temples, have been too lax in our duties. If she is guilty of anything in that regard it is sharing in our sin of negligence. But it is perhaps best not to go there...for if we do, then the rulers of Tuornen and Alamie will be the next ones to burn."
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
Whatever Maire it is does it turns Geraldine's halo visible for all to see...a many-hued aura that those that are wise in the ways of divination can read.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Sea Witch/Aneira (John)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2011, 10:19:07 AM »
Apparently staisfied with what she sees, or just disinterested, the Sea Witch leans back in her seat, looking more disinterested than she did a few moments ago.
Aneira Taren, Sea Witch of the South Coast.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »
Seeing as there are few questions Wallac summons the interrogators to fulfill Moerdred's request.

What they relate are in accordance with what has been said so far; that Geraldine willfully neglected her duties and consorted with forces that she should know were evil. But they also go far in saying that while her souls was in jeopardy, it was saved by the timely arrival of the Pontiff.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2011, 09:24:38 PM »
Seeing as there are no more questions being raised the Pontiff calls for a vote.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:31 PM »
Geraldine sits quietly and watch the members of the tribunal as they are about to cast their votes.

The virgin witch looks hopeful but nervous. Her chains almost silent as the first vote, concerning the state of her soul, is about to be cast.
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »
The Governor's gaze has not shifted from Marie during the proceeding.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »
Carvaloen: "Guilty!"

Kaven: "I find that corruption of the Soul has not been proven. Not guilty."

Delvaine: "For her willful acceptance of aid from the Lost and willingness to receive blessings from a heretical faith. Guilty."

Maire: "She has erred gravely, but her soul remains pure. Not guilty."

Narvelon: "The many small acts of heresy stains her soul - examined in isolation each may not be enough to damn her, but Haelyn requires us to see the whole. Guilty."

Moerdred: "Definitely guilty of heresy of the mind. But not of the soul - it remains pure and dedicated to the gods of Cerilia. Not guilty."

DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
Kaven's vote may come as a surprise to some; it is the only one that cannot be said to be partisan. Well, maybe none of the others were either, but they sure look that way...

Wallac: "The vote is three against three. As chairman I must decide. Not guilty of corruption of the soul. There is still some hope for you Geraldine, however slim!"
DM Bjørn