Author Topic: Caelcorwynn-thingy MIRROR  (Read 11842 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Caelcorwynn-thingy MIRROR
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
I'm fairly certain I remember something about movement spells being seriously nerfed in vanilla BR. No flying.

Am I mistaken?

Flight w/o wings requires concentration - and if you drop it...YOU drop :-P
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Hmm, I think that we have seen proven - repeatedly - in RoE that showing glory frequently leads to showing your guts...

A lot depends on whether Rhoubhe decides to live any (a) survivor to spread the word of the totality of his victory, who knows, maybe he likes defiant last stands.

Personally I'm wondering what's defending his realm with him and his best knights absent, and whether Rhoubhe considers even 99% casualty ratio's to be a victory - those green elves are going to take centuries to replace, but humans breed like rats making killing them fairly pointless unless they are blooded...  Something made him risk his people and it must be fairly big.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
So.  Did we just exchange Rhuobhe the Awnshegh for Braedonnal Tuare the Awnshegh?

That's always the problem with these little endeavors.  Birthright is a rather evilly clever setting, that way.

Offline X-Hermedhie (Ronny)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »
Balance, in the force there must be! Mmmmmm. And strong the force is, in this Breadonnal. Mmmmmmmm

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 07:17:09 AM »
So.  Did we just exchange Rhuobhe the Awnshegh for Braedonnal Tuare the Awnshegh?

No! We forbid it! He is to come home this minute!
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »

That's always the problem with these little endeavors.  Birthright is a rather evilly clever setting, that way.

Hard to say what really happend. Bjorn is quite ambiguous here (as in most times). I can imagine several variants:

1) The "smoked too much" Trelien has an hallucination before his collapse and things happend quite diffrently.

2) The fight of Rhuobhe and Tuare really occured, but Trelien in all that smoke and his bad state have mistaken Rhuobhe for Tuare and other way around (after all both are elves and they are for human notoriously hard to recognize ono from another), so it was really Tuare, that fell.

3) Well, it really happened as Trelien saw. Having opportunity, one of Rhuobhe's own killed him from behind. Probably they just had enough of him and wanted something different. Then

a) Tuare has "become" Rhuobhe and said "Don't worry, Im your old leader, even when I look different. Lets continue in ghaellie sidhe"

b) Tuare has finally resolved his personal differences with Rhuobhe and since he allways hated humans as much as Rhuobhe, he has taken over his position after his death with words "Now you will follow me. Ghaellie sidhe will continue till humans are extinct."

c) Differences between Rhuobhe and Tuare were political. Otherwise, they were close friends. After Rhuobhe's death, Tuare said to elves "Your leader is dead, this his sword will never strike again. Ghaellie sidhe is over. Find something better to do."

And yes, don't forget no human really knows that this has happened, unless Trelien makes it back from the forest (which I strongly doubt). For all we know, Tuare perished with the rest of the losing side and Rhuobhe is still there and still pissed off.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
Since only the Wardens and Aerenwe have commanders remaining there, I guess they're the only ones who can take action until word gets back to the mainland of what's occured.  Bjorn, how long will that take?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 08:45:44 PM »
Since only the Wardens and Aerenwe have commanders remaining there, I guess they're the only ones who can take action until word gets back to the mainland of what's occured.  Bjorn, how long will that take?

Not quite.

The ETN has a substantial fleet in Caelcorwynn (as does Aerenwe). That's the important bit.

A ship could sail to Calrie in just a few days.
DM Bjørn