Author Topic: Anathema: General discussion (OOC)  (Read 48657 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Anathema: General discussion (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
He's got 1 team at the crash site (only it moved as two separate half-squads) which includes Azrael and Lukas. The rest of his warband is back at the hive; Irena aborted the claim and returned to the 'base'.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 10:19:45 PM »
In addition Gaius has a team on site, through which he can observe. Your team is also there and can report by vox.

Laxander has brought his entire command.
DM Bjørn

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 6
  • Let the galaxy burn. Let the heavens bleed.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »
Meanwhile I saw your last IC post  ;D

Thx a lot, it helped me to understand where everybody is positioned !

GM => Maegon's Warband is not far from the crashed xenos fighter => could you please give me an approximate height ?

Also that ?
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a thousand battles without disaster." Sun Tzu

"No campaign plan survives first contact with the enemy" C. von Clausewitz

"You are a ghost, a figure that stands between light and dark, trapped amid the grey." Malcador the Sigillite

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »
Not sure I quite understand the question; the physical height of the crashed fighter? Hard to tell. It's a complete mess. Imagine an oversized armoured 747 with multiple wings and pylons getting shot down and then crashing into a blasted cityscape. Not so many big pieces left.
DM Bjørn

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 10:47:49 PM »
Irena's team => inside the hive, about 300-400m high

GM => Maegon's Warband is not far from the crashed xenos fighter => could you please give me an approximate height ?

Sorry if it was not clear  ;D

=> the height corresponding to the position of my Warband in the Hive, Kasr Hemshin

(in the context, I was looking for a comparison with Irena's position in the Hive in height)
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a thousand battles without disaster." Sun Tzu

"You are a ghost, a figure that stands between light and dark, trapped amid the grey." Malcador the Sigillite

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »
I think that's within your power to describe; how would you like it to be? I haven't stated anything, so pretty much anything goes I suppose.
DM Bjørn

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
Sorry if anything was unclear.  Lukas and Azrael set out for the crash site via different routes with two companions each.  Irena and the bulk of the Nar-Ghosts stayed in position about 300-400m up one of the Hive spires (and later sent 2 men a little further up to see if they could get a better view).  Derryck went to seek out potential allies, contacted Hrothgar, and then returned to Irena.

Offline Lurk Skywalker

• Senior Lurker
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »
I find this thing quite enjoying. Feeling a bit like a puppy running in a field.

Is there an appropriate title for grand-sons of Daemon Princes  ;D

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »
Sorry if anything was unclear.  Lukas and Azrael set out for the crash site via different routes with two companions each.  Irena and the bulk of the Nar-Ghosts stayed in position about 300-400m up one of the Hive spires (and later sent 2 men a little further up to see if they could get a better view).  Derryck went to seek out potential allies, contacted Hrothgar, and then returned to Irena.

There is always room for confusion; no matter how careful your read someone is going to read it another way - or miss something altogether. It is inevitable.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
I think your all doing good. Some of your are learning about the setting, all of your are trying to get a feel for the game. I'm quite sure that by the time we're done with the prelude you are all going to have a better grip on what you can and can't do. But looking good so far.
DM Bjørn

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »
The five men are surrounded by a a larger troop.
Fortunately, IG insignia are still visible on their dusty uniforms.
Mixed Janosian and Pavlovan badges.

"Necromunda 8th, don't shoot !"
Good thinking there Lord Psycho, I was wondering how to handle the introductions! ;D  Derryck will take Usher and his men to Azrael, and then he can make contact with Maegon (I'm sure he can fix Usher's vox).

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
Liked it as well. Good thinking.
DM Bjørn

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
I think that's within your power to describe; how would you like it to be? I haven't stated anything, so pretty much anything goes I suppose.

Ok thx !

Last IC post amended =>

For now, Maegon and his retinue have reached a height of nearly four kilometers above the ground - nearly a quarter of the height of the highest spires of Kasr Hemshin.

Elevators do not work anymore, but some stairs are still accessible. Nevertheless, they must be careful. Two hours ago, one civilian tripped and fell into darkness screaming. Poor man...

"We continue to move higher. The low-hive suffered too much from years of fight to find something valuable here... Our best chance of finding intact resources and an operational communication center is toward the top, not down. "

=> civilian removed from warband sheet

K thx !  :D

There is always room for confusion; no matter how careful your read someone is going to read it another way - or miss something altogether. It is inevitable.

True !

Is there an appropriate title for grand-sons of Daemon Princes  ;D

Slaaneshy biiiiiiiiiiiiitches   ;D

I find this thing quite enjoying. Feeling a bit like a puppy running in a field.
I think your all doing good. Some of your are learning about the setting, all of your are trying to get a feel for the game. I'm quite sure that by the time we're done with the prelude you are all going to have a better grip on what you can and can't do. But looking good so far.

Great !

Nice game so far  :)

The five men are surrounded by a a larger troop.
Fortunately, IG insignia are still visible on their dusty uniforms.
Mixed Janosian and Pavlovan badges.

"Necromunda 8th, don't shoot !"
Good thinking there Lord Psycho, I was wondering how to handle the introductions! ;D  Derryck will take Usher and his men to Azrael, and then he can make contact with Maegon (I'm sure he can fix Usher's vox).
Liked it as well. Good thinking.

Thx ;)

Offline LordPsycho

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Relictors#Excommunication

Excommunication

Continued conflict with the Inquisition during the 13th Black Crusade resulted in them being declared Excommunicate Traitoris and were all but destroyed by the Grey Knights under the command of Inquisitor Cyarro. Only a few hundred now remain, and it is suspected that these survivors have fled to the relative safety of the Eye of Terror.

It is currently unknown whether these survivors have thrown in their lot with the forces of Chaos or continue their struggle of trying to turn the dark powers against them for the good of humanity.

The Lector, ever silent, seems to ponder these news. He then turns to Roldar and:

"The two of us will collect the rest of your semi-squad and we will go investigate these newcomers to the site. I want to know what we might be up to and if they are indeed Imperial Guards extract from them the whereabouts of the accursed Grey Knights."

Oh-My-God-Emperor  :o

Lurk, I just realized to what extend the Relictors do not have a good opinion about the Inquisition.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:45:48 PM by LordPsycho »

Offline Dragon Lord

• Champion of Chaos
  • Scion
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »
Lurk, I just realized to what extend the Relictors do not have a good opinion about the Inquisition.
Hmm, might perhaps be best to get Usher to meet Azrael before stumbling across the Relictors.