Author Topic: Characters and skills  (Read 12945 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Characters and skills
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
Hehe, I think I'll have to... adjust... the expected skill levels of my assistants then.  ;D

I took the time to actually enter the Admin skill for at least some of the domains; a few masters, a lot of experts, some skilled.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 12:18:30 AM »
I found that I may too have viewed, partly by wishing it to be true, some NPCs to have other skills then they do.

How to get a view closer to fact? Should one re-make the NPC "flesh-out" and be more sober, or will the fact be published in some form? Or do maybe such information simply only present itself by experience over the course of several seasons?
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
To repeat:

AAs are minor additions to the domain; if you want to spend time and energy detailing them, fine, that is your prerogative. But I'm not spending any time on it. SO feel free. I can always censure things later, or reward people for good contributions to the game.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 08:53:18 AM »

...so option 3# then I will guess :

"such information simply only present itself by experience over the course of several seasons."
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
What can AAs accomplish
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »
Here are some guidelines as to how much AAs can contribute to adventures.

Low - Absolutely nothing; they can offer advice and administrate, but not add anything to adventures.

Medium - These are a cut above average, but still can perform great miracles. IF the AA has suitable skills/powers AND he rolls well on the adventure action, he might give a supportive bonus. Also, since his level is probably fairly close to that of the regent and other AAs he can join in on real adventures and actually contribute to their resolution.

High - These rare AAs are true heroic individuals (or at least VERY good at their non-heroic jobs). They can regularly solve events by adventure and usually give a supportive bonus when they are assigned such a role (but the bonus is usually bigger if they have very suitable skills for the task at hand). Also they are quite tough, and will tend to survive even dangerous adventures.

Very high - Same as high, only even more skilled. Not many domains have AAs of this level. Survival rate is very good except against the most horrible of enemies. Tuornen does in its elf general, but there are not a lot of others.

Legendary - Right...there are some legendary NPCs out there, but they are exceedingly rare. Given the low level, low magic nature of the RoE campaign these characters can start to do thinks that are quite beyond characters of other levels.

Near-epic - Even more right...the number of 16+ level characters is so small as to be non-existent.

Epic - Hahaha...try hiring the Gorogon!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:55:56 AM by DM Bjørn »
DM Bjørn