Author Topic: What are rumors?  (Read 7387 times)

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
Re: What are rumors?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »
Rumors are created by the DM, sometimes as the result of player action.

:-) thanks. Saved by the DM. Just the answer I was looking for.
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »
In games as these life, truth is very often determined by majority vote.

Fixed for you
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

I never really doubted that rumours were of two different calibres. The true rumours, created by the DM's and the political jibberish of the players.

However, since Bjørn clearly states that you can only create rumours via the DM, then any other IC information you wish to spread, should be in the form of either dispatch, decree or posted in the Bard.

The Bard isn't exactly the best place for these things however... Only if you actually make it into a riveting tale of some sort, not just political statements, will they be welcome.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »

I never really doubted that rumours were of two different calibres. The true rumours, created by the DM's and the political jibberish of the players.

However, since Bjørn clearly states that you can only create rumours via the DM, then any other IC information you wish to spread, should be in the form of either dispatch, decree or posted in the Bard.

The Bard isn't exactly the best place for these things however... Only if you actually make it into a riveting tale of some sort, not just political statements, will they be welcome.

I suppose a dispatch to Bjørn about a rumor you want to start might work too... Though typically, if it has a political effect, it should have some kind of action backing it. It would also disguise the instigator if the DM is the one fronting it.  ;D

Oh! and hi Jon! - You settled so much you have reliable internets again?  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »

I suppose a dispatch to Bjørn about a rumor you want to start might work too... Though typically, if it has a political effect, it should have some kind of action backing it. It would also disguise the instigator if the DM is the one fronting it.  ;D

Oh! and hi Jon! - You settled so much you have reliable internets again?  :)

You suppose rightly. I'm using my office's internet, not much time to be around here though. So I'll be poking my nose in here once in a while.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 11:28:54 AM »
In games as these life, truth is very often determined by majority vote.

Fixed for you

Oh, touché!  :D

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:37 AM »
Rumors are fairly easy to create using Espionage actions.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
Indeed.. but you would need to use an actual espionage action to create rumor, whereas just writing a post takes rather less effort (and is something easily done by me during a 2-minute coffee break, with only the use of my right hand... the left hand is holding the coffee-cup).  :D