Author Topic: New Anuirean PBEM starting  (Read 2250 times)

Offline X-Sea Witch/Aneira (John)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
New Anuirean PBEM starting
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »
Posted with Bjorn's permission.

New game starting in the south and east of Anuire

I've emailed a few people in the last day or two but for anyone I've missed, I'm getting ready to run a new Anuirean PBEM with a friend here in New Zealand (Michael).  We've set the game in the southern and eastern part of Anuire, including the area that is Ghoere (though split into Ghieste and Bhalaene).

Start of play for our game is probably around two weeks weeks away.

The game itself is set in 551 MR and, other than splitting Ghoere into Ghieste and Bhalaene, the domains are the same as in the original setting - though we have mixed the canon holdings up a little to stimulate interaction (whether cooperation or conflict).

Turns are one domain action per turn (not 3), plus free actions.  This should hopefully keep demands on both players and GMs to manageable levels.  We're hoping for turns to be processed every 3-4 weeks.  Each turn covers one season in time, with three turns per game year (winter being a season of enforced inactivity).  The idea being to provide for some sense of passage of time.

Character creation is stripped down, with regents having their class, level and alignment from the original setting (subject to players changing those within reason).  Otherwise the only thing to determine is your blood abilities.

The domain ruleset is similar to the original Birthright rules in many respects, though with some elements simplified to reduce GM workload (set income levels, reduced maintenance costs to keep track of, etc).

There is no pre-set GM storyline, the idea being the direction of the game will be driven by the players.  Of course, we might roll out the odd sub-storyline but, if so, they won't dominate the game.

If you are interested you can find the game forums here: http://legacyofblood.net/dasubersehen/forum/index.php  The forums contain all the setting information and rules we'll be using.

The list of available domains is here: http://legacyofblood.net/dasubersehen/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96

Most of the landed realms and wizards have been taken in the last 24 hours, but there is still a few left and plenty of temples and guilds available.  Bjorn himself is playing Diemed.

If you are interested, feel free to email me at jharbord at gmail.com

Cheers,

John
Aneira Taren, Sea Witch of the South Coast.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: New Anuirean PBEM starting
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
"Bjorn himself"

A new, epic title for me :D
DM Bjørn