Author Topic: Grand Assembly  (Read 4672 times)

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
Grand Assembly
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »
As you probably know, ETN will hold grand assembly this season to elect successor to current regent. What action in game terms it should be? I guess Diplomacy action supported by number of court action could do it as it it is somewhat similar to Court Session action. Do you agree? If yes, what number of court actions would be needed?

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
Re: Grand Assembly
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
Diplomacy.  It is probably deserving of a Adventure Action from Marie to support the diplomacy action.

This action is about a single outcome, choosing a successor. 

A court session would be necessary if you were going to discuss numerous things, or attempt to forge many treaties all at once.

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:42:33 PM »

OoC:

(Reference:  ETN decree.)

Should the THB participate, might not a realm action (one regent action and one court action) be necessary?

[This is assuming, conceptually, that the ETN would be hosting itself (the ETN) and the THB in a court session and/or conducting diplomacy with itself (the ETN) and the THB.]

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:02:50 AM by X-Points East/EL »

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »
Absolutely not.

If I hold a diplomacy action regarding "Killing Manthenader", which is to result in one unifed treaty, I have not need for a realm action. 

If I need to make side deals, to pull various realms along, then I will need the realm action, since each deal represents a different diplomatic action.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »
So if Maire Cwyllmie is resigning does that mean she can be contacted as an NPC from now on?
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:34:09 AM »
Depends, but most likely she'll become an Able Assistant or Lieutenant under the new regent of the ETN.  Or she'll disappear entirely for some reason.

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
Don't take such assumptions :)  Electing successor doesn't mean Maire will resign immediately. It just means there will be clear and (hopefully) undisputed successor for the case if Maire resigns (or dies or whatever).

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »
Well that makes things clearer - I thought she was retiring completely from church life given... recent events.  Priests are apt to make all kind of irrational choices :)
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »

Absolutely not.

If I hold a diplomacy action regarding "Killing Manthenader", which is to result in one unifed treaty, I have not need for a realm action. 

If I need to make side deals, to pull various realms along, then I will need the realm action, since each deal represents a different diplomatic action.

OoC:

Regent Guide quote:  "Realm – Diplomacy can be used as a realm action by spending one court action for each domain invited beyond the first."

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »

Absolutely not.

OoC:

Regent Guide quote:  "Realm – Diplomacy can be used as a realm action by spending one court action for each domain invited beyond the first."

The use Alan's talking about isn't in the Guide explicitly, but has been used repeatedly.  Both involve multiple domains; if only one single subject/agreement is under discussion, a single Diplomacy action is used.  If a Realm Diplomacy is used, though, any of those present can discuss anything with anyone else there and make any number of agreements they wish.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 11:01:49 PM »
I did this a short time ago, get Bjorn here to clear it up.

What I learned was that Bilateral needs a single action, Multilateral needs Realm Action plus Curt Actions for each additional party beyond the first. Or each party must spent an action for each other party. Dip is costly in actions. I had to cut heavily on who got to take part.

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 01:01:45 AM »
The use Alan's talking about isn't in the Guide explicitly, but has been used repeatedly.  Both involve multiple domains; if only one single subject/agreement is under discussion, a single Diplomacy action is used.  If a Realm Diplomacy is used, though, any of those present can discuss anything with anyone else there and make any number of agreements they wish.

Aye. One domain invite a number of realms to participate. The host has to spend as many actions including court actions (1 Diplomacy + 1 court/per (participating realm beyon own realm -1)). Doing so each participating realm can do any number of treaties among them. Though I am under the impression that you should possible spend a supportive adventure action if you are very active and/or attempt to make several treaties

Regarding Maire I would assume she will still be a character having up to 3 actions per turn though in future possible not as Regent of ETN but as an AA to the new Regent
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:03:54 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »

Absolutely not.

OoC:

OoC:

Has multi-party-non-court-session diplomacy been used in RoE II?

Supposing, hypothetically, that multi-party-non-court-session diplomacy were possible in RoE II, would such diplomacy not be limited to a single-issue treaty (as opposed to a single treaty, which might consist of a number of issues)?

Here follows a passage quoted from the Regent Guide (italicised therein but not in this post):  "Example: The peace treaty between Diemed and Medoere contains three issues; the issues of who will be regent for Medoere, the issue of how much tribute that vassal must give, and the distribution of law within Medoere. A separate DAC must be made for each issue."