Author Topic: Adventure #66 The Wrath of Red Wind (extended edition) - Medoere  (Read 11479 times)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
Re: Adventure #66 The Wrath of Red Wind (extended edition) - Medoere
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:02 AM »
   "Ilien would seem to be the linking point." Kaven says tapping his lower lip thoughtfully with a finger.
"I assume that this agent of the Unmaker knew of the anomaly here, and thus have had an interest in the Siege of Ilien ever since the start, either to prevent entry by those that might foul it, or actively seek access in order to safekeep the secret."

He looks around the room, then shrugs.
   "It would be interesting to know who in Anuire intends to change his or her position on Ilien within the next coming days. Either by backing out where previously the person was very engaged - or helping to increase attention on the Siege where previously the person was somewhat apprehensive.

Otherwise - do you know if the presence of this Unmaker in our world - even for a short while - would leave behind any marks? Either spiritual scars on the surrounding lands or more tangible like frightened animals, unnatural occurrences and the likes? That would narrow any search down to those that have access and influence in the area."

He pauses.
   "Do you believe that whomever it is, it is someone with a divine regency to the land? A regent of some realm? Or could we be looking for someone in the guise of a common peasant?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
"There is no reason for it to be a commoner. It will be a scion. Possibly a ruler. Most likely that person will also be a sorcerer of some skill. Should narrow down the search a bit...although we must not be too quick to point fingers. Our prey is elusive.

I am no longer sure that Ilien will play such an important role. It may, but the focus is not here, now. It lies elsewhere. I must search for it and find it - but it will not be easy. It's not like the corrupt and unhallowed aura left by the darkest of shadowspawn. This is much more subtle and insidious."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:46:36 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:30 AM »
"It is as I feared then" Kaven comments. "It will be something that will be hard to track, until it is nearly too late and people are already starting to fall prey to the effects of the anomalies. But we must count our blessings at least, that the threat to Ilien is presently diminished."

He takes a deep breath and purses his lips.
"Will you be leaving Ilien then to seek this anomaly - or anomalies - elsewhere? I'd like to help, but beyond the immediate sphere of my influence any help I could offer would be limited to a more personal level. I also have this mess going on above our heads to worry about... However if you need anything that is within my power to give, then you have but to say it, and I will try to accommodate the needs of the gods, and the One God."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
"I fear I shall have to leave Ilien. It doesn't feel right to do so, however...a new feeling for me. I have promised aid to Ilien and there are a number of faithful here. I fear what will become of them.

Is there anything you can do? Clearly you cannot be known to associate with me; then you'd loose all credibility. But can you somehow help Ilien? And the faithful?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:46:44 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
Kavens brow crease as he considers the possibility.
"I can do nothing for el-Mesir. Even if she is innocent of what the temples might wish to condemn her for, she still has to answer to her liege lord - and considering the troubles he has gone to so far, that does not bode well for her continued vitality. At least then we will now that her soul is saved and that she does not go into the Void but rather to the side of her god.

But el-Mesir is not Ilien, and the RCS is still state-faith here. I believe I can use that influence - and my sway with the Archduke - to speak on behalf of those that now follow the One God. Halt aggression towards them on the grounds that many of them come from Ruornite stock, and that we wish to sort this out with them peacefully... monitor them. Alternately we can take them in - if they will abide to our codes and doctrines, which does not seem to differ much from your own. I do not ask that they discard their belief, just that they respect our view on it and recognize that where they believe on One, we focus on one of his aspects."

He sighs.
"Of course nothing is sure in war and strife. As long as the war goes on, I can make no guarantees. My temples are held in an iron grip - I understand some priests tried to arm the populace - and my flock is forbidden from gathering. I need peace to be able to do anything in that regard. Otherwise I'm just another man with a stick in the crowd."

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
"Your temples suffer because your brought them into the conflict. You can make excuses all day long, but it doesn't change the facts - you brought them in and the Countess responded with, in my view, a very mild course of action. Most rulers would have reacted far more harshly. Some even murder merchants and steal their wares because the come from a city that has rebelled. Who would have thought.

I think it is time both of us leave here. I must be elsewhere and I don't think it will be safe for you here without me. I bid thee farewell for now."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:47:01 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Somewhat tightlipped, Kaven gives a curt bow.
"Where will you begin your search? And how will you leave the city? I have to get out myself, if - as you say - it in unsafe to stay. Perhaps we could leave together?"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 10:38:34 AM »
”You would do well not to underestimate the One. He knows no borders or bounds. And I am still the most powerful sorcerer that ever lived. There are few things that can bar MY way.”

Suddenly you are standing outside Ilien.

“See. The Unmaker might have his tricks, but the servants of the One are not powerless. Goodbye.”
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:47:15 AM by X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
"Gods be with you..." Kaven begins, bit finds himself speaking to the empty air.

Standing in idle thought for the better part of a minute, he finally turns and moves towards the siege-camp.

- The end

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »
Is it wrong to feel a certain pride at learning that my character would eventually have become the obliteration of all of space and time?   :o    ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
Is it wrong to feel a certain pride at learning that my character would eventually have become the obliteration of all of space and time?   :o    ;)

Except you chickened out, dropping the eye and going back to being a minor nobleman...good for everyone else though :D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »

Except you chickened out, dropping the eye and going back to being a minor nobleman...good for everyone else though :D

I keep wondering who found it - or perhaps who it found

There were plenty of corrupt souls around - and plenty blind enough to corrupt.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
Tough to say.  When I found it, it had been sitting in the Bellamie family vault long enough to go comatose - it looked like a chunk of rock, and took a fair amount of effort to wake up, although even then it held a mysterious aura of power (which is why I spent the time to wake it up, of course).  When I set it aside, I basically put it back where I found it and locked all the doors.  It's POSSIBLE, though not necessarily likely, that Tristan severing his ties to it would relatively quickly send it back into slumber, and it could have sat there undisturbed for centuries again.  Or it could have corrupted/controlled one of my retainers into coming and getting it before I finished putting away my keys.  Up to Bjorn!