3 (18.8%)
ROE II continuity X amount of time in the future - Elsewhere
0 (0%)
Reset in Anuire
5 (31.3%)
Reset Elsewhere
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Kicking Life into the old girl  (Read 3935 times)

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
Kicking Life into the old girl
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »
Obviously there are many zones of grey but this poll is up to kick start the discussion and get us moving.

My personal preference at the moment is ROE II continuity with a tighter focus - so rendering it down to an edge case such as Moried/Elinie/Alamie for instance, or look to the taelshore. If we get massive interest then we can expand but starting with a less spread game might well work better while we settle in with the Creative Consultant onlooking!
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
Re: Kicking Life into the old girl
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
Reset. It's always annoyed me, that I wasn't present (and sufficiently Norwegian) to be part of the first part of RoE. I want to get my clammy disgusting hands on a virgin Anuire and maul it. Badly.

But really I am up for whatever Bjørn wants. I just want to *partake* in political mayhem once more. My meddling-senses are tingling!
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:28:25 PM »
I voted for a reset somewhere outside Anuire, but as long as there is a reset I'm happy. Continuing on our current timeline would simply bring along too many expectations on how people "should" act (who would believe a completely sane Wallac, for instance?). Better to start fresh. A fresh Anuire is familiar yet unknown, perhaps the "safe" option. A reset elsewhere would bring an entirely new world to our community, which certainly has a nice ring to it as well.

I agree with Thorsten though - I'm fine with whatever the DM(s) decide on. I'll be a bit more careful when I pick my domain this time, to ensure I won't be tempted to switch domains again *cough*. Of course, as the longest resident player - and the Nerdrager I might add - I expect to get first pick on a new domain!  ;D
Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:02:30 AM »
I would be happy to play in whatever part of Anuire the DM team comes up with!

It would be extra cool to have some cross-cultural interactions, but I think that will likely happen regardless of the area chosen.
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:42 AM »
 I'd prefer an area outside Anuire, but I'm ready to play in whatever area Bjorn will pick up.

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
I'd prefer some continuity, in Anuire. In part cause of the massive amount of work involved in fleshing out domains and creating some backstory. Might be best to skip a generation though, with the start date being 20 years after, and the tall tales of RoE2 slowly becoming bards tales. Would alow for a lot of the background stuff to be reused, without tying into the current characters and agendas. Woudl also make for some plausible remodelling of domains where they did not fit it, or even allow for some sort of great upheaval if required.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »
I'd prefer some continuity, in Anuire. In part cause of the massive amount of work involved in fleshing out domains and creating some backstory. Might be best to skip a generation though, with the start date being 20 years after, and the tall tales of RoE2 slowly becoming bards tales. Would alow for a lot of the background stuff to be reused, without tying into the current characters and agendas. Woudl also make for some plausible remodelling of domains where they did not fit it, or even allow for some sort of great upheaval if required.

I just looked through some of that WALL of text that I've written over the years...

...if the reboot is total, then A) DMs must either be prepared to write a lot, B) players must shoulder the burden, or C) less detail is required.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
Fair point, it's probably wise not to swamp the DMs with too much work before the game actually starts. I won't mind a continuation set a genereation into the future (after the great war against the Shadow?), since it avoids reuse of "emotionally invested" characters and allows the DMs to change the situation enough to take us out of our comfort zone (perhaps even create some new domains).

Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
Whoever takes on the Lead DM role will probably have some preferences of his/her own, as well. 

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »
Whoever takes on the Lead DM role will probably have some preferences of his/her own, as well. 

I would certainly hope so! :D
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
I voted 'Reset Elsewhere' because the new lead DM should feel free to set up the game in a way that he's most comfortable with.

If I were to be the lead DM (which I won't be) then I would put the game in Anuire and try to reuse as much material as possible, but without too many strings attached to the RoE1/2.

A possible RoE4 perhaps?
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
Ruins of Anuire (RoA), perhaps?
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:41 AM »
let us play in Vosgaard! so far it's the less detailed region in Cerilia and there's plenty of space to develop our domains.

Just my two cents

Offline X-OIT (Garth)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »
I voted for a reset, but unlike Thorsten, it's not because I like mauling virgins.  ???

I played a lot of catch up when I joined, and the domain I took over seemed to have suffered from neglect.  Others probably did too.  That's why I previously endorsed a tight knit group of domains.  Then the DMs only need to worry about strict details for the adjacent domains (for the most part).  I'm okay to continue into the future in either Anuire or elsewhere.  However, I believe there needs to be a correction in power among Anuirean domains to some degree.

I also prefer to be either an unlanded regent or a provincial landed regent under a sovereign ruler.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 03:46:09 AM »
I'm not a fan of vosgaard, simply because I don't have a real fondness for the tribal/barbarian culture it's given in the books.  It's not a civilized realm - I'd prefer to play in one.

The Brecht lands would be my vote if we don't want Anuire.  Heavily-altered Anuire, or different historical periods in it, would also be fun.