Author Topic: Clarification regarding adventure actions  (Read 5582 times)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Clarification regarding adventure actions
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:43:54 PM »
Adventure actions are inherently supportive of regent actions if I understand the rules correctly. By this I mean, of course, those adventures that have a bearing on a particular regent action.

Whereas I understand the logic behind this, I'm having a bit of trouble comprehending a non-adventure supported regent action.

Diplomacy and Investiture especially, seem to me the sort of actions that can hardly happen at all without regent involvement. Does the lack of supportive adventure action mean that the regent takes little part in them?

Say a king wants to negotiate a deal and then perform investiture. Would he have to spend 4 actions (including 2 adventures) to see it done properly?

Somehow I've gotten to the point where I can (over)rationalize the use of adventure actions to serve as support of nearly every regular action which is probably not what was intended with it.

Help... :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Re: Clarification regarding adventure actions
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
Almost any action can be supported with an Adventure.  Adventures usually are something unusual, not simply active participation - going out and personally hunting down bandits in a province with low levels of Law would be a great Adventure to support Rule Law or Agitate (Positive), for instance.  At the S&C, we can use an Adventure to support our diplomacy by indicating that our character is really throwing themselves into it - doing a massive load of politicking and socializing and going to balls and hosting dinners and everything to push his diplomatic efforts.  Assume that an action involves the regent doing what needs to be done to accomplish the action - an adventure is something PLUS, that makes the action work better.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »
Thanks.. I got thinking and thinking and pondering and ended up caught in a downward spiral of finding an ever increasing number of reasons why each action must be supported.. lol

Oh... I accidentally hit curse instead of bless. I corrected it I think, it went to 6, then to 8 so I think its correct  now :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:08 PM »
I know not if this as been answered elsewhere but my search showed up with no results so here I go:

Can the same henchman do more than one supportive adventure action for different actions?
Say support agitate with one adventure action and then support diplomacy with another adventure action leaving only one more action of the total of 3 actions?

I think only the regent can do more than one adventure action but I am not certain and hence ask this question.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:43:32 PM »
I know not if this as been answered elsewhere but my search showed up with no results so here I go:

Can the same henchman do more than one supportive adventure action for different actions?
Say support agitate with one adventure action and then support diplomacy with another adventure action leaving only one more action of the total of 3 actions?

I think only the regent can do more than one adventure action but I am not certain and hence ask this question.

Each AA only has 1 action, unless somehow given more (by being granted positions for example).
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »
And I suppose theres no promotion that grants an extra adventure action to a henchman  :P

Thanks for the quick reply  :)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »
And I suppose theres no promotion that grants an extra adventure action to a henchman  :P

Thanks for the quick reply  :)

Deliberately - NO.
DM Bjørn