Author Topic: Epic BR  (Read 4047 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Epic BR
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
I'll be out of town (and largely out of touch) between 12-15 March. I'm going up north to Tromsø for some quality wine, fine food, and late night BR gaming.

Hopefully we will be able to conclude one major story arch for the Epic BR campaign; the Draconic Knights are engaged in the final stages of the conquest of the Nehalim region, but is becoming more and more apparent that the forces of darkness might be making ready to meet them in open battle for the first time in a really long while...

Looking forward to it!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Epic BR
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:23:38 AM »
Well, good luck to the knights.

My local GM just closed our campaign... declaring that we will begin a new game, where we are all brave... um... mice. Yes. Seriously. The small ones.  ::)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »
Our game just recently turned a little worrisome.  Despite having established a decent little empire out of Medoere, Ilien, and Roesone, we've been in an extended standoff with Ghoere, which has way more troops than it should.  Our recent discovery is that their maintenance costs have been reduced heavily by a spell using energy from the Shadow World to sustain them.  Upon gearing up to break the spell, we discovered the other half - if the spell breaks, those troops will starve to death almost instantly... at which point the Shadow energy running through them has a damned good chance of animating them as uncontrolled undead.

We are not a Happy Kingdom.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »
Hmm, so their soldiers lives depend on your goodwill - I doubt they are particularly happy about either...

Talk to the Ghoerean temples about the imminent undead plague if Ghoere annoys you again...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:46:06 AM »
The Sword Mage, who's still an extremely mysterious figure in our game, is the one casting the spell for Ghoere.  We're concerned that if we publicly expose the spell's consequences, he'll break it himself and set off the Scourge.  We're not sure why he would, but we're afraid to discount the possibility until we've investigated him sufficiently.

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »
Hm, wait...are you doing all this to protect yourself or to add Ghoere to your empire? :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
Release the spell, blame the swordmage, move in and invade to "save the people".  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
Spread rumors that the swordmage is bewitching the troops first - so people automatically blame him for the ghoerean massacre themselves without you having to lift another finger.  Then you can save ghoere and have the survivors/neighbours beg you to destroy the swordmage, rather than having them worry that your attack on the SM is a power grab that they should oppose.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
I'm back now (and back at work - sigh!). I'll need a few days to catch up on things, but I'm sure you've done well during my absence.

Anyway, Epic BR was quite satisfying; it included lots of court intrigue, seductive women, a major military campaign, exotic locations and cultures, a siege that saw the protagonists become the besieged, hordes of orogs storming the walls (and then quite fiendish ghoul orogs once their ranks of the living got thinned down), flying castles and ships, wyvern and griffon riders slugging it out, mighty magical battles, challenges and duels, and finally a fight between three dragons above the shattered city.

Not your average BR campaign ::)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »
Don't forget the Hook Horror!
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
Holy cow! All that in one weekend.. How many hours of gaming are we talking about?
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen