Author Topic: Domain Orders Template  (Read 5221 times)

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
Domain Orders Template
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
I'm founding some difficulties while fulfilling the DO...

can any of the veteran players give me some hints?

thanks a lot

Don't be afraid of the dark.

Sarae Somellin

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
Re: Domain Orders Template
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:20:17 PM »
Good initiative! Just post your questions here (unless they are of a backstabbing/plotting nature). I'm sure Alan or any of the old foxes will be delighted to help - who knows, maybe even I can help! :o

(I'm a slacker though, I'm sure my DO's are much more minimal than some others. But then again, I also tend to call a shovel for what it is (- a shovel, in case you wondered), unlike some of the more hardcore oratory masturbists we have here on the forum  ;D)

Masturbist - is that even a word or did I just invent a new one?
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
This fine implement of digging is capable of many tasks.  In faithful hands, it can be used as a weapon, to bonk evildoers on the head.  Some would prefer to use this device to take our Mother Earth from one location and move it to another, but that is Blasphemous, I say, because as Haelyn says in Laws: Misdeamonors: 3:29 "Thou Shalt Move Mountains With Faith", does He says "Thou Shalt Move Mountains With digging implements?"  No, He doesn't.  So, its clear that this device is best used as a weapon.

Shovel, indeed.

I'll take that +2 bonus on my action now.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »
Good initiative! Just post your questions here (unless they are of a backstabbing/plotting nature). I'm sure Alan or any of the old foxes will be delighted to help - who knows, maybe even I can help! :o

(I'm a slacker though, I'm sure my DO's are much more minimal than some others. But then again, I also tend to call a shovel for what it is (- a shovel, in case you wondered), unlike some of the more hardcore oratory masturbists we have here on the forum  ;D)

Masturbist - is that even a word or did I just invent a new one?

Nice -- I just got volunteered.  If you post your questions, PM me, or email me (WO) -- I can try to help.  I am probably one of the most thorough people when it comes to filling in the DO.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 05:40:32 AM »
Pick your actions carefully, and put extra effort into them - I had several DOs at the start where I spread myself too thin, and as a result spent a lot of gold and effort and succeeded in almost nothing.  Make use of this early period to get yourself prepared - hire help for your actions and your administration, cut some deals with the folks around you, rule up anything you can (and remember that others will be trying to rule those same slots). 

I strongly suggest you write out the bonuses and negatives your rolls will be getting in the DO, both so that the DMs won't overlook any bonuses you might have and so that you know what rolls you're going for - that'll help you decide how much influence you need.

Don't forget that your lieutenants, henchmen, etc., can perform supportive actions to help your own actions - they're usually good for a +2 to your check if you provide good descriptions of what you're doing, and really well-chosen supportive actions can give you more than that.  This can make all the difference to your overburdened finances.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 08:49:07 AM »
I'm founding some difficulties while fulfilling the DO...

can any of the veteran players give me some hints?

thanks a lot

Don't be afraid of the dark.

Sarae Somellin

For the EOM I'd suggest ruling a temple holding, engaging in agitation (with your bonus action), and preparing/casting the bless land realm spell.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »
thanks Bjorn,

such actions are already among those I'm going to choose

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
I need more actions.

Its like, I need to adventure twice, do 2 diplomacies, rule some holdings, and create some holdings.

Oh my.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 03:12:31 PM »
Finished My DO.

I don't know if I did all well....

:P :P

don't be afraid of the dark