Author Topic: NPCs  (Read 3856 times)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
NPCs
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
Will there be a short (as DM's time permits, of course) summary of NPCs, at least those that are in Player regions.

I, for instance, haven't got a clue who this Gorm wizard is who has holdings in Roesone. If, for IC purposes he's supposed to be mysterious then I'm cool with that, if not I'd like to know at least a rumor or two about him.

Then there's the new High Mage?, the Iron Rider (who might benefit from a line or two for the general population seeing that he is rather known - and mentioned in PS Osoerde so that might be enough I guess), RG (dwarven guild, they could have some interesting tidbits, maybe some special materials or smelting techniques or something that would make them attractive to players)..
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: NPCs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
I for one would appreciate such descriptions a lot - give a better feeling for the world as well as making some attractive characters to hire
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »
There will, time permitting, be short descriptions for NPC domains. There is also a document "Regents of Greater Anuire" that details each and every regent in the P&H. Unfortunately it contains a lot of secret info, so I have to spend some time editing it.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »
I for one would appreciate such descriptions a lot - give a better feeling for the world as well as making some attractive characters to hire

You can't hire other regents, and one of the requirements for hiring new NPCs is that you, the player, must come up with interresting descriptions.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »
I did not mean to hire other regents.

Comming up with interresting descriptions still needs to have some kind of connection to the world yes? But shall I just make it out of the blue and then DM's will help connect the character to the world or refuse the character if it is far fetched
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »
I have yet to see a NPC be disallowed. But it's generally a good idea to present a character ooc to the DM's before you enter him into your Domain Order for the turn.