Author Topic: PS Mhoried  (Read 10726 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: PS Mhoried
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 12:58:36 AM »
Too true Rob, the casualties of war is usually truth. Everyone has a plan and are scared to death that someone else makes it to the finishing line first.

Robhan did what had to be done and had help from all corners of Anuire in doing so, nowhere else was the purpose so clear as in Mhoried, but a desperate fight it was, so much so that the rest of us felt badly betrayed by Kavarra when he decided to play a fast one and almost restart the war we had just won. However we never really knew what was really going on, so truth was definitely a casualty along the way. And the coalition was already breaking apart as the ecclesiastical parties squared off against each other in the inevitable fight over which temple would dominate Anuire. Robhan actually managed to stay on at least neutral terms with most parties and good terms with quite a few. Sure the OIT tried and tried to get him under their wing, but it never really reached the point of my darkest dreams  ;D - and so it is in this game.
 The HA had help, and some of that help wanted more than thanks, some of it became ungrateful over real and imagined slights, others remained far-away allies. But when the dust cleared Robhan was one of the last standing.

That is all you need to know when you play him. There are a few bridges on fire, but most are still there and intact. They all charge a toll, but then again nothing's free in this world.

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 02:54:36 AM »
Whoosh! I feel like the last one to arrive at my own party. I got back last night from a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm just now sitting down to go over the PS and try to take it all in...
I'll probably e-mail the DMs in the next 24-48 hours as I organize my thoughts and ideas, most of the affected players can probably expect at least a courtesy dispatch in a similar time frame.
Since the DMs have stated the non-canonical aspect of RoE 1 (it is known), may I request that they shoot me a message if they come across anything on the forums that's right out. I've got a lot of OOC knowledge (thanks all who sent me info) that I'd like to keep that way, but trying to separate fact from fiction (rather fact-fiction from fiction fiction, ugh) has gotten a bit confusing.
By the same token, it's sounds like the previous Kavarra was a touch more erratic than I had envisioned the character. While nothing's been ruled out  ::) , I'd like to think my portrayal is a touch more rational than my predecessor. I imagine Tornilen is in a similar boat  ;)
Great stuff, Bjorn, thanks for putting this together. Now, for the e-mails!
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
He wasn't erratic as such, rash maybe - but remember Mhoried ain't no lawful realm. You're not going to see people doing the right thing by the book, but the right thing however which way they can, in the way they see it - against enemies both real and imagined.
 Kavarra was very young when he decided to move against the HA. And he had good cause, because the temples vs. nobles were a very real "cold war" type of conflict in all Anuire. Still is... The nobles just don't know what's good for them  ;D

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »
So if the allignment of realm/regent is CN that should be reflected in all actions and thus some of those actions can be perceived as erratic if viewed from a lawfull realm point of view, yes?

In the RoE I rules actions taken in conflict with allignment risk to generate a negative event. Will that be included in RoE II rules as well?

EDIT: Spelling
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:21:51 AM by MOther »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
Quite correct. A realm is pre-defined as being of a certain alignment - it's the predominant mindset at the core of your realm. If you disregard this mindset, you risk the chance of stability loss, negative events and the like. If you don't disregard it, you risk being unable to make deals with other people.
 It's a balance as in all things life.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
We've had a little time for things to calm down a bit.  ROE1 ended during a time or tumult from the sound of it - feelings were running high and few people had the luxury to step back and think things through - with a few seasons of peace to seethe over slights and plan revenge reach an accord relationships may be very different.

I'm thinking that Robhan has tried to rein in his temper somewhat - turn from general into patriarch as it were - that probably means any open animosity is in the past - besides, he blames Regien for conning Kavarra into trying to murder him and drown the realm in blood so that the Wyld could return and finish what he started not Kavarra himself - blame the wizards for everything, that's my motto.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
I do believe that the whole Regien conning Kavarra was more a question of Regien playing on Robhan's ill-chosen words in a diplomatic assembly. He was arguing quite focusedly for a stewardship led by him until the realm was at peace.
 Certain temples warned him against this, others urged him on. And Regien decided to connect the dots in his own chaotic fashion... Namely "would the HA ever let go of power if first they were chosen to steward Mhoried?", for a lawful realm that answer is simple enough, "follow the rules". For Regien it was more along the lines of "acquire power and protect what you have".

It didn't take much pushing to convince Kavarra that behind the fine words of the HA lay the theocracy, a terrifying thought for all nobles and one that is still keeping them wary of the (in their opinion) too powerful temples.

And Robhan didn't exactly prove him wrong... He didn't submit to his authority... Any good orthodox wouldn't have though, so that's a moot point.

In any case, the playing field is now yours. We have strewn it with caltrops, but it's yours nonetheless  ;D

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:39 PM »
I feel so popular nowdays  ;D

There is one little detail I'd like to remind, when the OA asked help to keep the High Marshal alive - after the final battle when he was incapacitated - Regien did offer it.

He is a complicated character indeed.

Btw, as Regien would say:

I do believe that the whole Regien conning Kavarra was more a question of Regien playing on Robhan's ill-chosen words in a diplomatic assembly. He was arguing quite focusedly for a stewardship led by him until the realm was at peace.

I can hardly think of a state in Anuire that is 'at peace'. After all, aren't we all fighting against the shadow every day?  :P
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:16 PM »
I feel so popular nowdays  ;D

There is one little detail I'd like to remind, when the OA asked help to keep the High Marshal alive - after the final battle when he was incapacitated - Regien did offer it.

He is a complicated character indeed.

Btw, as Regien would say:

I can hardly think of a state in Anuire that is 'at peace'. After all, aren't we all fighting against the shadow every day?  :P

What an excellent chaotic point  ;D

Ooh! And I do believe it would have worked for the lawful as well!

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 09:38:38 PM »
Hmm, is any realm containing heretics or doubters at peace?  Is any realm at peace whilst the Gorgon, brutish goblins, sly sidhe, cunning Khinasi and brazen Brecht defy the laws of the empire and Haelyn alike?  Hmmm, a priests work is never done...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 06:17:39 AM »
Quite correct. A realm is pre-defined as being of a certain alignment - it's the predominant mindset at the core of your realm. If you disregard this mindset, you risk the chance of stability loss, negative events and the like. If you don't disregard it, you risk being unable to make deals with other people.
 It's a balance as in all things life.

Indeed, and in a realm of "Do as you please, as long as you don't hurt anybody", someone has to keep the peace, even if he'd rather be off doing as he pleases too. Alas, it's lonely at the top, but the view is amazing!  8)
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »
Falling down could however be real painfull ::)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
Hmm, is any realm containing heretics or doubters at peace?  Is any realm at peace whilst the Gorgon, brutish goblins, sly sidhe, cunning Khinasi and brazen Brecht defy the laws of the empire and Haelyn alike?  Hmmm, a priests work is never done...

To be frank no need to con Kavara into anything, the priest is too "lawful" to protect his own self  :o

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
As I remember from my time as the KoH, When I sent Welling to meet with Kavarra and investigate, it sounded like someone had given him the strong impression that the temples (IHH, ETN, KOH, and HA) were planning a coup and assassination for him.  Acting on that intel he sent his guards to arrest the group of "conspirators" and bring them in for further question (in the dungeon I suppose), and of course, since the conspirators didn't go peacefully and murdered the guards... well what more proof would a sovereign need? ;) Ahh that was some fun negotiating with Kavarra over that one!
--Archduke Diemed

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:40 PM »
Yeah, I was blamed for that too. ;p

As I remember from my time as the KoH, When I sent Welling to meet with Kavarra and investigate, it sounded like someone had given him the strong impression that the temples (IHH, ETN, KOH, and HA) were planning a coup and assassination for him.  Acting on that intel he sent his guards to arrest the group of "conspirators" and bring them in for further question (in the dungeon I suppose), and of course, since the conspirators didn't go peacefully and murdered the guards... well what more proof would a sovereign need? ;) Ahh that was some fun negotiating with Kavarra over that one!