Author Topic: Boer vs. Avan #62  (Read 11846 times)

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
Re: Boer vs. Avan #62
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »
OOC: sorry, I thought the north ridge was the one with more favorable terrain but more enemies.

"We could send a detachment of irregulars and skirmishers to take the south ridge.  does that sound feasible?"
--Archduke Diemed

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
OOC: sorry, I thought the north ridge was the one with more favorable terrain but more enemies.

"We could send a detachment of irregulars and skirmishers to take the south north ridge.  does that sound feasible?"

Right you are; we are talking about the NORTH ridge.

It is a feasible plan; sending in some cavalry to support them is also an option - have it sweep around to the far north, work its way up the ridge and then sweep down the flank of the enemy defenders. They might have planned for such a contingency though; but its a viable addition to the plan. Archers and/or artillery fire might also help provide cover for the advancing troops, even if it doesn't do very much damage to the enemy.

Just presenting some semi-IC options here, so that it'll be easier to make some choices.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »
(ooc I don't have any information on how many enemy units we "think" are defending the ridge, so any objections to my numbers, please speak up!)

"Send 4 regiments of Avanese Irregulars and the Diem Skirmishers, backed by the Lion 1st infantry division (Regulars) to offer heavier veteran support to take the North Ridge.  Send two regiments of the Lion Outriders backed by one unit of Avanese Lancers to flank the ridge and put pressure on the defenders there.  If any of you have concerns with the amount or makeup of this operation then by all means speak now.  Maecolm, if you would wish to lead the troops in the taking of the ridge your leadership could swing the balance further in our favour.  As for our artillery, I think it is best used in breaking the spirit of their main force."
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
Maecolm cracks his knuckles and grins with a certain relish.

"I'll gladly do that. Irregulars and Skimrmishers from Avan and Diem backed by the White Lions 1st Swordsmen certainly backed by the cavalry of outriders and lancers as you describe. I'd also like to take the Lions Scouts and Mounted Armsmen 'cos if we are right it will allow a quick intelligence assessment and a rapid response with a punch unit if required. The mounted armsmen will allow me to deploy heavy pressure as required you see and might just give us the extra options we need on the main battle field when we arrive. Does that meet your approvals?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:18:55 AM by Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt) »
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
"Yes, it leaves me with a little less cavalry than I would like, but if it assures that much quicker a success then it is a risk I am willing to take.  Hopefully as the main army moves forward, the north ridge can be taken quickly, information gained, and any cavalry non-essential to holding the ridge can then ride back to join the reserves and protect our flanks."

(OOC: Force detatched from main army as it moves forward:

Lead by Maecolm; North Ridge Assault Force:
4x Avanese Irregulars
1x Diemed Skirmishers
1x Lion Regulars

Flanking Force:
2x Lion Outriders
1x Avanese Lancers
1x Lion Scouts
1x Lion Mounted Armsmen)
--Archduke Diemed

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
This concludes war move 11;

The Dieman/Ghieste forces meet heavy resistance from the defenders, suffering heavy losses, and failing to make much progress. The arrival of the flanking force, however, surprises the enemy and he retreats in disorder. The northern flank has been secured.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »
War move 12:

IMPORTANT!!! WILL THERE BE ANY MAJOR BATTLE THIS TURN???
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
Maecolm states his clear determination that the need to move for the strike is present. Without an engagement the morale and political pressure will continue to drift from Avan and there is a need to press therefore. Strike quick and strike hard, use the flank gained to the advantage and drive them from the high ground.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »
We are fresh, they are not, we gain nothing by waiting other than paying our mercenaries more.  Albeit Avan reorganizing and backing us up but as he reorganizes our foe reorganizes.  I wish to fight!

However, what did our scouts on the ridge find out?
--Archduke Diemed

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »
The enemy has established a second line of defenses to their rear, where their baggage and reserves are located. They also have access to the main road, and a few miles to the south-west a river that can be used to transport supplies. In all their position is very strong, both on the tactical defense, but also as a base for a lengthy standoff.

The actual offensive is delayed by heavy rains and high winds; a late summer storm comes rolling in from the Sea of Storms, hitting the area where the armies are encamped quite hard. Both sides suffer, and any major attack is out of the question.

Does Cuiarécen favor the Westerners?
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 11:41:08 PM »
Never speak such Blasphemy!, Haelyn and Cuiraecen are on OUR side!  The gods do not favor those who usurp and annihilate the lines of noble blood.
--Archduke Diemed