Author Topic: Assistant DM application  (Read 2587 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Assistant DM application
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
...I've put this off for too long, but my recent hectic RL schedule has finally convinced me:

RoE needs an assistant DM to ensure that turns proceed at a good rate and to ensure that people get the kind of reply speed and quality that can be expected for such an excellent game.

I haven't asked before because of several things; Jon might return, it's quite a bit of work integrating and new DM and it might not work out very well), and finally I'm loath to lose any of you players - there are stories to be told and adventures to be experienced...which you can't have as DMs...

At any rate; I am now, officially, looking for someone to help me DM this thing. Anyone can offer their services, but not everyone is an acceptable candidate...you'll need at least some understanding fo the rules, must be fairly coherent/systematic, and above all dedicated.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Re: Assistant DM application
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »
We have an application from someone called Jon. Claims to have prior experience. Wonder if he is any good?
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
Whatever the case, I think you need to write a contract with any new Assistant DM. Something along the lines of "can't run of to warmer climates for a period of more than five days per season" should do the trick  :P.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
And no female interaction - we'll reserve that for me seeing as I know how to combine gaming and ladies :-P
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »
And no female interaction - we'll reserve that for me seeing as I know how to combine gaming and ladies :-P

Hey... I am married too, and I play a lady. So I think I know how to combine both real and virtual ladies with my gaming.
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:33:29 PM »
I'm singel and playing a Lady, works fine ;-)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:31:55 PM »
I also am pretty good at spelling, drinking and teaching new guys how to make the perfect DO  ;)

We'll see how far the lady will allow me to engross beyond that  ::) - so far she's taken the fight to my computer and has actually been succesful in reducing the time I spend on it. However, I have struck back and taught her Civ IV... She now knows the age-old mantra "just one more turn!" Muhahahaha!

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 09:55:44 AM »
I also am pretty good at spelling, drinking and teaching new guys how to make the perfect DO  ;)

We'll see how far the lady will allow me to engross beyond that  ::) - so far she's taken the fight to my computer and has actually been succesful in reducing the time I spend on it. However, I have struck back and taught her Civ IV... She now knows the age-old mantra "just one more turn!" Muhahahaha!

You should have been part of the last Civ-session, Jon. The German forces of Herr Weitling (operating out of their capital of Novo Regia) was crushing everyone else. It was good fun!

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
\0/ DM Jon!
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
Indeed old friend :) I'm back, though it'll take some time to get into my old post again. For now I'm reading up on a backlog of some 800 mails... But please CC me in all mails.

Cheers!