Author Topic: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 39531 times)

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
Re: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »
Sarae Somellin has been very quiet in the last hours and she seems not particulary impressed by the huge undead's gathering.

Most of the time others regent haven't noticed her or they've seen her praying and meditating.

Suddenly she gathers all of her men still surviving and whispers them some orders. Quickly Eloèle's followers gather wood and small stones and they build a small chapel.

Sarae enters in with awe and respect. She took of from her pale neck a beutiful golden necklace with a black opal. She still remembers of it, it was the prize of one of her first steals founded when she had entered unnoticed in one of the richest family manor's of Seaward. Then it was the first time she had felt the blessing of Eloèle at her side. Many fences had offered her big rewards for it but she had never sold.

Sarae knells in front of a stone placed at the end of the chapel in guise of an altar. She puts the necklace in the altar and starts praying

"Mighty Eloèle, Mistress of Night and Sisters of Thieves, I offer this necklace ans a token for you. I know it may be a tiny prize for a power being like You but you may remember it was this necklace You used to channel your mighty power to bring me back from dead. Now it's yours and I promise this place will be forever consacrated to You as a safe haven for your followers while walking in the Shadow World. Then allow me, Mistress of Night and give me access to Your sacred Obelisk and to scry waht awaits for your humble servant Sarae"

ooC: while in the chapel if she was able to call for some Eloèle's power she uses it to get to Obelisk and to scry what the situation is in Daylight World around the Obelisk, if the way's safe, and waht may await for us in the southern wastelands in the SW.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »
Sarae Somellin has been very quiet in the last hours and she seems not particulary impressed by the huge undead's gathering.

Most of the time others regent haven't noticed her or they've seen her praying and meditating.

Suddenly she gathers all of her men still surviving and whispers them some orders. Quickly Eloèle's followers gather wood and small stones and they build a small chapel.

Sarae enters in with awe and respect. She took of from her pale neck a beutiful golden necklace with a black opal. She still remembers of it, it was the prize of one of her first steals founded when she had entered unnoticed in one of the richest family manor's of Seaward. Then it was the first time she had felt the blessing of Eloèle at her side. Many fences had offered her big rewards for it but she had never sold.

Sarae knells in front of a stone placed at the end of the chapel in guise of an altar. She puts the necklace in the altar and starts praying

"Mighty Eloèle, Mistress of Night and Sisters of Thieves, I offer this necklace ans a token for you. I know it may be a tiny prize for a power being like You but you may remember it was this necklace You used to channel your mighty power to bring me back from dead. Now it's yours and I promise this place will be forever consacrated to You as a safe haven for your followers while walking in the Shadow World. Then allow me, Mistress of Night and give me access to Your sacred Obelisk and to scry waht awaits for your humble servant Sarae"

ooC: while in the chapel if she was able to call for some Eloèle's power she uses it to get to Obelisk and to scry what the situation is in Daylight World around the Obelisk, if the way's safe, and waht may await for us in the southern wastelands in the SW.

Your vision soars upwards and away, drawn towards the impenetrable black of the Obelisk. Once there you peer into its depths and see into the land of the living...

Yes, they await you there. A strong guard of gnolls, and more of the lion-men you saw before. there will be no out-running or evading them. There are also men there, just a few through, garbed in loos red robes, with shaven and tatooed heads - the sorcerer-disciples of the Red Wind. That way is shut for you, unless an army comes an chases the enemy away...but that will not happen, not with Serien divided and the Governor here.

Towards the north the forests looms dark...here and there you notice the presence of malicious spirits large and small, but you move on quickly, lest you attract their attention. To the north you find a glimmer of light, on the border of Thenial and Dhalier...the ruin the Pontiff spoke of. The one best avoided. That could be an escape, if only you could get there...but the demon-spirits block your way.

Perhaps you could go north by sea...but to you the sea appears even darker than the woods, and you dread the though of sailing it. The shadow ocean is not the domain of Eloéle....

To the south there are no spirits, not very many anyway. But neither are there many exits, only a weak glimmer of light far far away in the deep interior. Just getting there on foot will take a very long time and require much in terms of supplies. Perhaps, perhaps you can make it...but you will then be stranded deep inside Aduria once your return to the light...and will have another long journey to get back.

Outside you can feel the dead tugging at the Veil...only Maire's Shadow Ward keeps the worlds from overlapping. So there is another escape right there...if Maire follows through, you will all soon find yourself in the temple of Nesirie on the other side...but so will many of the dead. And there is no telling what will happen then...
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »
Celina Geren, the ETN paladin:

"High Priestess, you cannot do this. You cannot lose the dead upon the world of the living only to save us few! Come to your senses, or I will do what I have to do, in the name of the Lady!"

With that she draws her holy sword, anointed by the High Priestess herself, calls upon the power of her Goddess and makes ready to smite her mistress if need be...

...the speaker for the dead motions in her general direction and a score undead more to block her path...

"All back! No one will harm the living! Yes you will be delivered,  your pain will end once for all. That I promise. And the Ward is here for it and must stay. All I need is a narrow channel to flow the might of the Goddess which will deliver you. And for that I need your help. Just concentrate all at this point and all will be well. Do it now!"

"We will help you, but you must stop resisting. It is you who are holding everything back. You and your wards. If you do not let go, there is nothing we can do. And if there is to be no deliverance, then there will be a price to pay for disturbing the dead..."

He moves forward to seize Maire
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
Maire falls to her knees and calls for Nesire in time of desperate need hoping that this call will reach Nesirie trough Masela/Nesirie temple. At the same time she tries to weaken her Ward at the place she is kneeling with hope that her call and Nesiries answer will flow trough easier.

To the dead Masetians:
"Kneel before the Goddess! Goddes of Sea. Goddess of Dead. Goddess of Masetians. Before YOUR Goddess. Let her see you and your suffering. Feel her compassion. Allow her to end your pain once and for all! We living will remember you for the rest of our lives and pass the memory to our successors."

To Nesirie:
"O Great Mother, guardian of dead, patron of Masetians. Please, look here and see all the suffering. I beg you, help me and end the pain of these poor tormented creatures once and for all. I know I might done wrong and I accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate for me. But please don't abandon them. Have compassion for those suffering and save them from eternal agony. And please protect the living who went here with me and who are innocent."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:07:43 AM by ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor) »

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »
From the top of the temple Wallac hears the change in Maire’s voice – a change from command to prayer and upon hearing Maire’s prayer to Nesirie, a prayer where it is evident Maire’s have seen the errors of her past actions. Standing as transfixed Wallac is spurred into action as Maire’s words: “..done wrong and I accept whatever punishment”. He takes a step forward, almost falling off the temple.

Haelyn hear the confession of Maire. Well meant was her actions and ill did they turn out. I suspect even the most well meant action can easily be twisted here in the Shadow World. Hear her confession to your divine wife, Nesire, and lend her your guidance. I beg you to consider that she does not ask for mercy for herself but only for others; for the dead and for the living, but not for herself. Truly she did walk on a path that turned from grey to black, but she also turned back and took responsibility. My Lord I beg, assist your wife in this and lend her your strength and your council.
My Lord let Maire be sparred!
"
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
Sarae is near the Pontiff and the Governor

"After scrying all I think the best think it's to let the nice priestess to continue in her effort, when the veil will open there'll be great turmoil. Governor, are forces loyal to you near the ETN temple where we're supposed to coming out?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
The dead have restrained the paladin by piling on top of her...all the while Maire continues to pray...eventually releasing the power of her wards over the temple. There is a sickening falling sensation and then there is moonlight and torchlight all around! You are in the daylight world, in the exact spot you where in the SW (i.e. most of you are in the temple, some on the roof, others outside). You've done it!

But so have the dead. Endless rows of living dead now crowd the streets. Quickly they start seizing the villagers and start hauling hem towards the waiting sea. Only your own men and what clergy there is in the temple at this late hour are untouched...and Marie. They leave Maire alone...but Cerlina Geren is dragged screaming towards the shore.

The speaker for the dead:

"Than you Maire. You have released us from hellish bondage. Now we are free to join our mistress in the dark deep. Goodbye."
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »
"WHAT IS HAPPENING? MAIRE STOP THEM! SAVE THE VILLAGERS!"

Wallac address the speaker of the dead

"Why oh why do you seize the innocent villagers? Why do you take the Paladin Cerlina Geren? You've been released now don't condem yourself yet again as the first action. Leave those people alone and seek the eternal rest of your souls"
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »
If the dead ignores his pleads and keeps seizing the villagers Wallac run down the temple and begin to drag people inside in the hope they will be safe. He instruct all those that cares to join him to help; his own people do it without second thoughts. Saving the people, including the paladin, is a priority

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
Anyone that leaves the temple before the undead are gone will be seized and dragged to sea; simple as that.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2009, 11:27:46 AM »
Sarae takes care all of her surviving followers will remain in the temple until the undead will disappear into the sea

• Sovereign
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »
“For seizing the innocent and sleeping villagers from their beds and dragging them to the sea I condemn you for all eternity. The followers of Nesirie may believe that the dead’s salvation depend on being remembered by the living but I will remember you for the great atrocity you visited upon those poor people this night and I will pray to God, to Divine Haelyn, that justice will be done, be it in this world or the afterlife you hope to enjoy.”

Wallac does not accept this destiny gracefully. Trying to leave the sacred ground he is restrained by Lachlan with force
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:36:34 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2009, 11:38:57 AM »
"No, no!" shrieks Maire. "Let the living be! Leave in peace."
Frantically, Maire starts to run around attempting to wrestle the villagers and Celina from the dead. She uses any means, physical or whatever magic left in her to save as many people as possible but it is clear she can save only a few however she may refuse to acknowledge it.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:45 PM »
All the priests present, save poor Celina, have lost their divine powers. You have helped, or did not try hard enough to prevent, a horde of undead from entering the Daylight World. An act more heinous or stupid would be hard to imagine. Penance is in order...surelythere must be acts of goodness that can wash away the stain upon your souls!?

In the end, Maire manages to save a small child. Without the blessings of the Mother she is nothing. As for the Pontiff's words the speaker for the dead only laughs:

"We are already condemned men priest of a false god; why else do you think we were condemned to an eternity of punishment in that bleak realm? Mercy is for the weak...as you have now learned..."

The rest go into the deep to keep the undead company - all those years alone beneath the dark waves...is it any wonder they long for some company? Can you blame them?

The main part of the adventure has ended. You are free to continue talking of course, but you are safe in the village. All the regents are alive, as are the AAs, save poor Celina. In addition there is a hardened core of followers left, some for each domain.

OOC: Good work. Though in a sense incredibly stupid, Marie's plan was both innovative and made for an excellent story. I had not intended to let the SW let you go so easily, but creativity like this should be rewarded. But that said - the undead are not for the living to play with...
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »
Relaxing his attempts to escape Wallac bleakly stare as the villagers are carried away to the sea.
As their number decrease Lachlan, thinking Wallac has come to his senses, hold less tight.
Wallac seize the opportunity a tear himself from the restrain of Lachlan and run after the undead.

Last order: Everybody stay where they are

The vast majority has already gone beneath the waves but still their number is overwhelming

“By Haelyn I will not passively let you take these people see if you can cope with me”

Wallac throw himself at the dead brandishing his holy symbol. At first the undead shrink back from Wallac releasing a boy, who makes a run for the temple. For a moment it looks like Wallac have power over the dead; that he can actually alone, just one man, stem the river of the undead.

A wave ripples through the undead and as if directed by one mind they turn on Wallac. Hundreds and hundreds of shambling rotting bodies, malignance shining from their eyes, pressing in on the Pontiff. With a mighty roar Wallac invoke Haelyn's wrath and smite scores of them though almost as quickly they are replaced. Once, twice and three times does Haelyn’s power stream from Wallac to scourge the undead just around Wallac, then it is melee.
The undead ignore all defense and all wounds inflicted upon them; their only goal is to overwhelm Wallac and drag him to the sea.

Piling on top of the Wallac a score of undead succeeds in subduing him. Quickly they lift him up while holding him tight. There can be no escape and Wallac knows it.

As he is carried towards the sea Wallac pray. The prayer is in an aerie way audible over the whole village.

“Haelyn forgive your servant. Little did I realize what Maire where doing. I thought I had succeeded in making her realize the error of her way. Alas I was wrong as she had not. Forgive my failure in protecting the villagers and save my immortal soul from damnation. I commend my soul in your care my Lord”

And so it came that the Pontiff of all Anuire was dragged to the sea to be drowned along with the rest of the villagers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:46:46 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »