Author Topic: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 39603 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
The weary Anuireans make their way to the temple with their gear - all save Maire, who is calling yet more of the dead to rise from the sea. It is a sight none of you will forget...their bloated and pale faces...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
The Governor runs behind Wallac into the temple.

"But it isn't a temple, just a memory of a temple! Will we still be safe here?"
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
"It's the best we have so lets make good use of it"

Wallac gathers the Governor, Sarae, Captain Oberon, Shauna, Lachlan, Ser Fedéren Cerien and lady Faieme. Speaking softly as for the men not to hear he addresses them.

“I know not what the High Priestess is doing but this feels wrong and I cannot have it. But be it as it is I can do nothing to stop it. I know not what has happened to Maire but I fear she has become possessed by some malign spirit so prepare for the worst without making the men losing what spirit they have left. Be ready to repel any attempt to breach the temple. We have little holy water left so instruct the men to make what we have count if it comes to that.”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
The Governor scowls and looks at his comrades,

"I suspect everyone else is thinking it so I might as well say it.  We know we were betrayed by someone in coming here.  The Gnolls were waiting for us, the Obelisk was trapped, and an assassin was planted in Faieme's party.  The Gnoll attack this season past is enough to cause worry that someone in Mieres and Serien, someone with power, is betraying us.

Though I admit the Marie was at the bottom of my list of those I would suspect of such treachery... this is just... to much.  Oeberon, if you can, place some of your men in the high windows with what bows and arrows we have.  If necessary..." the Governor pauses, knowing what he says next will not be popular, "If necessary I want your men to fill Marie with as many as possible.  - But not until I or the High Pontiff order it - understood."
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »
Maire tries to organize the dead Masetians in a deep crescent all staring at its centre right before main entrance of the temple. There shall be the focal point to concentrate all suffering they release and where hopefully the Veil will be pierced.

Then Maire walks to the barricaded entrance alone leaving the dead behind and says loudly "Here is the gate you can pass trough to the world of living. The dead won't harm you, I will see to it."

OOC: Does it work? If not, I will have to come with something different.

• Sovereign
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »
The Pontiff clearly seems NOT to be enjoying the thought of ordering a volley of arrows fired a Maire but he does not say anything against the Governor’s instructions.

“Let’s hope it does not come to that. We may be wrong and Maire is simply excising very poor judgment of a difficult situation. Let us warn her not to move closer before taking the most drastic of actions. I know that may be a risk but I am willing to be the one calling out for her and possible facing the consequences. I consider her my ally or at least I used to, and I hope my worst fears are proven wrong.”
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »
"Maire stop where you are - don't come any closer. We can speak from here"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
Someone steps out of the packed ranks of the dead. A man. Less bloated and hideous than the rest. He's just lacking his eyes...

"So what now priestess. You called us and promised deliverance. Yet I see no deliverance. I can feel you holding back...its is your own wards that are keeping us here. Dismiss it, and all shall be well."

The temple is now ringed by several thousand dead, perhaps even more than that.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2009, 09:47:34 PM »
Celina Geren, the ETN paladin:

"High Priestess, you cannot do this. You cannot lose the dead upon the world of the living only to save us few! Come to your senses, or I will do what I have to do, in the name of the Lady!"

With that she draws her holy sword, anointed by the High Priestess herself, calls upon the power of her Goddess and makes ready to smite her mistress if need be...

...the speaker for the dead motions in her general direction and a score undead more to block her path...
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »
"Celina come back. Before we throw away our lives in an attempt to stop this madness. Let's try to reason with the High Priestess first; to see if it can yet be unmade"

• Sovereign
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
Wallac speak from the top of the temple

”Maire what have you done? I’ve asked you once before but you did not answer; this time I ask you as your Pontiff. Why have you called upon the dead? Why have you made them come alive and why do you refrain to set them free? I rather stay in the Shadow World than use such means to escape. Put those dead to proper rest. Release their immortal souls or face judgment!”

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
... or face judgment!”

At the Pontiff's words the Governor motions to Oeberon to have his men take aim at the High Priestess.  Oeberon nods back that his men are in place and have taken aim.  They merely wait the Governor's orders to fire....

The Governor pulls Geren back as best he can while the High Pontiff attempts to speak reason.  "My Lady let me take care of this.  Killing the High Priestess is not in your nature regardless, and something I highly doubt you could likely live with for the rest of your life.  I'll give the order if this thing is to be done, and bear the consequences for the choice."

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »
Several hundred undead block your field of fire, they have by now completely surrounded the High Priestess, awaiting her decision. A small speck in a sea of ocean borne corpses. The stench is unbearable...

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2009, 10:31:08 PM »
Celina Geren, the ETN paladin:

"High Priestess, you cannot do this. You cannot lose the dead upon the world of the living only to save us few! Come to your senses, or I will do what I have to do, in the name of the Lady!"

With that she draws her holy sword, anointed by the High Priestess herself, calls upon the power of her Goddess and makes ready to smite her mistress if need be...

...the speaker for the dead motions in her general direction and a score undead more to block her path...

"All back! No one will harm the living! Yes you will be delivered,  your pain will end once for all. That I promise. And the Ward is here for it and must stay. All I need is a narrow channel to flow the might of the Goddess which will deliver you. And for that I need your help. Just concentrate all at this point and all will be well. Do it now!"

• Sovereign
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
"Maire please reconsider what you are doing. You are condemning yourself even as you believe you do this for the common good. This cannot end in a good way. Release the dead and atone for what you’ve done. You can still save your immortal soul; perhaps even your life. We may not live to see the Daylight World but better stay here than leave by such means.”