Author Topic: Player presentation  (Read 30736 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Player presentation
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »
Use me freely, but be warned! I'll write your ears off ::)

What Jon forgot to mention is that he's actually Stephen King in disguise. He'll swamp you with a novel sized email if you don't stop him, and it will be well written too. So, you've been warned  :D

Which I'm still awaiting an answer to by the way  ;)
 Yes, I'll wait years for a response and still remember what I wanted to hear  ;D
 If you don't answer me with what I want to hear, I'll write you an even longer memoir.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 07:09:29 PM by DM Jon »

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »
Answer to what? I got no email from you and you're never logged into MSN :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
Answer to what? I got no email from you and you're never logged into MSN :)

Yeah you used that strategy back then as well ;D

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
Oh, you mean the vassalage thing? hehehe Well, what can I say, Robhan is like Emperor Frederick III, he outlives his enemies, but, contrary to the historical emperor, he actually manages to win some battles ;)

P.S. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, but.... do log into MSN!!
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »
Here they go again... ::)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »
I heard all of your missed me.

Those at factcheck.org, in keeping with the American Presidential season, I have them to compile a list of the misconceptions about me.

1.  Your dead.

Not quite.  Cancer, it turns out, is only a CR 14 critter (unlike Eidolons & the Eyeless One).  I am quite alive -- a little banged up -- but still my awesome chipper self.

2.  You've been spending time at the strip clubs, sipping cognac  and partaking of an widely illegal herb.

I wish that were the case.  Life has been a bit traumatic -- with a lot of upheaval.  As a side note, life, for once, oddly acted like RoE (NEW PLAYER HINT FOLLOWS)-- kicking you while your down (and if one is smart, never stopping).

But, I am scrappy and stood up.

3. I didn't miss yall.

Sadly no.  Definitely missed all of you -- and finally pleased that my life is getting back in order.

4.  We didn't miss you.

Yeah, right. ;)

5. Jon owes you money.

I would like small bills (all under $50) with non-sequential serial numbers.  I do not accept personal checks.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (John)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
  • Ex-Tornilen (SM)
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »
I gave a brief blurb in the domain wish list thread, but more here. :)

I'm John and I've just turned 36.  I live down in New Zealand and I work at our parliament as a political advisor/policy person/researcher.  I've been playing Birthright since the late 1990s, initially tabletop and soon after I also joined the online BR community.  I'm not really sure how many PBeMs I've played in, but it would be a reasonable number including Anakin Miller's old games, Morg's Crown of Glory games, Randy's Night of Fire, and a number of others.  From those games, I recognise many of the people here, even if I might not have played with them recently.

Besides running a number of tabletop games over the years (though not recently), I've also run a couple of PBeMs (Lands Apart I & II).  Unfortunately, LA2 succumbed to the 1d4-1 curse and died late last year/early this year when my old computer melted down.

I'm new to RoE.  I looked at joining version one around the time of turn 35-40 but didn't have time to commit (or some other real-life reason) and never got beyond reading the forums.  Hoping to get into RoE2 at the beginning. :)
Formerly
Mary Tanar,
Duchess of Tornilen,
the Sword Mage of Anuire.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »

Those at factcheck.org, in keeping with the American Presidential season, I have them to compile a list of the misconceptions about me.

1.  Your dead.

Not quite.  Cancer, it turns out, is only a CR 14 critter (unlike Eidolons & the Eyeless One).  I am quite alive -- a little banged up -- but still my awesome chipper self.

2.  You've been spending time at the strip clubs, sipping cognac and partaking of an widely illegal herb.

I wish that were the case.  Life has been a bit traumatic -- with a lot of upheaval.  As a side note, life, for once, oddly acted like RoE (NEW PLAYER HINT FOLLOWS)-- kicking you while your down (and if one is smart, never stopping).

3. I didn't miss yall.

Sadly no.  Definitely missed all of you -- and finally pleased that my life is getting back in order.

4. We didn't miss you.

Yeah, right. ;)

5. Jon owes you money.

I would like small bills (all under $50) with non-sequential serial numbers.  I do not accept personal checks.

1. Or you are a SW critter come to haunt us?

2. Send me a PM whenever you are ready for a lifestyle change then...

3. We are simply too cute NOT to miss!

4. Not so sure about that one; except for Jon of course, he missed you most of all.

5. Come to think of it, Jon also owes ME some money...fork it over Jon, I want it in Euros!

...welcome to the lands of the living Alan  :)
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »

1.  Your dead.

2.  You've been spending time at the strip clubs, sipping cognac  and partaking of an widely illegal herb.

3. I didn't miss yall.

4.  We didn't miss you.

Yeah, right. ;)

5. Jon owes you money.

Man, I'm just glad you surfaced again. I kept checking MSN for a sign of you there. Hopefully you'll log in again now.

Great to have you back, you evil LG* dude, the game wouldn't be the same without you.

*you think LG can't be evil? Well, it takes someone of Harvey's legendary RP skill to pull it off but its possible

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »
Hi, I am Delvy, Aka Matt, Aka once the Happy go lucky Prince of Coeranys....

I am 34 and live in Diss, Suffolk, UK, while working in Marlow near Oxford. I work as a Product Manager for a company called SpinVox, which means I get to come up with cool uses for our service and see them through to market. I went to University at Aberystwyth where I studied International Politics and Strategic Studies.

I am a father of two, one girl and one boy, both under 5. Luckily both sleep through the night :)

Long time gamer I first came to Birthright with the release of the box set and played a tabletop game in Durham for some time. I did have a copy of the computer game but have no idea where that is now..... I played in RoE as Coeranys before real life interruptted - this will not happen again :)

It should be said I am partial to a little diplomacy, but I am sure all will become clear soon enough.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
Hi, I 'm Wiktor, 27 years old, engineer from Greece. I joined old RoE in its final turns but I think I managed to do enough deals with any devil available in that time with poor old Regien.

I am pretty certain that I will have enough time to invest for its reincarnation.

cheers,
W
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
Man, I'm just glad you surfaced again. I kept checking MSN for a sign of you there. Hopefully you'll log in again now.

Great to have you back, you evil LG* dude, the game wouldn't be the same without you.

*you think LG can't be evil? Well, it takes someone of Harvey's legendary RP skill to pull it off but its possible

I don't know about legendary. But thank you for the compliment.

The number of totally messed-up, confused and otherwise, contrarian characters and moralities (particularly those whose morality contantly shifted), made my characters seem rather one-dimensional in my mind.

Though officially, they were all LG.  They were a vein of LG which meant that most time the world seemed to think of them as being 'meddlesome' (which they were) but otherwise inaccessible to most 'normal' people. 

They were willing to forgive in most cases -- it was the way I was trying to differentiate the IHH from the other Haelynic sects.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »
Forgiving......

hmmm...

I knew there was class Robhan missed in his education. Now I know which one it was  ;D

Offline X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Kalle)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 2
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »
hi, I'm kalle from norway, live in trondheim. I played MS last game. 26 and working full time. Hope it will go better for me this time. Last game Bjørn tok me by suprise and i was not prepared... 

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »
hi, I'm kalle from norway, live in trondheim. I played MS last game. 26 and working full time. Hope it will go better for me this time. Last game Bjørn tok me by suprise and i was not prepared...

Yeah, you cot caught up in the Mhoried civil war; you should have allied with Daen Wyld, then you would have been safe  ;)
DM Bjørn