Author Topic: How does one correctly contact the Conclave of Temples?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
How does one correctly contact the Conclave of Temples?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:25:23 PM »
Hello

How does one go about contacting the conclave about "registering" a new temple as a formal faith that will abide by and accept Conclave oversight?

Sort of relevant for me.  :)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
Re: How does one correctly contact the Conclave of Temples?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
1) Petition the Office of the Pontiff.
2) Bribe, sorry ask, another temple to raise your issue.
3) Bull your way into the the Conclave grounds and speak for as long as you before the guards cut you down.
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:54:35 PM »
A dispatch to the secretary of the acting pontif seems logical to me. Other than that, they usually contact me and not in a very friendly manner :)
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem (Bo)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
A dispatch to the secretary of the acting pontif seems logical to me. Other than that, they usually contact me and not in a very friendly manner :)
Good point, perhaps the conclave already has contacted the Patriach. Quick Niels, check your inbox for any mails with the words "heresy" or "excommunication" in the title.   ;D
Narvelon Diem -
By the will of the Allfather
Cardinal of the Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »
I bet you it is already dealt with in the conclave's charter.  It probably requires someone willing to raise the issue for you, someone to second it, and votes.  Of course, you have to also defeat the veto power of the Cardinals.

Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
1) Petition the Office of the Pontiff.
2) Bribe, sorry ask, another temple to raise your issue.
3) Bull your way into the the Conclave grounds and speak for as long as you before the guards cut you down.

"2) Bribe, sorry ask, another temple to raise your issue."
If choosing this option a petioner would likely benefit greatly from the assistance of a CJS representive; seems someone within CJS graps the wonderfull reality of CoT dealing and wheeling quite well  ;D
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 02:31:14 AM »
I bet you it is already dealt with in the conclave's charter.  It probably requires someone willing to raise the issue for you, someone to second it, and votes.  Of course, you have to also defeat the veto power of the Cardinals.

Incidentally, it is in the charter.  It says specifically how other temples join the Conclave.

Niels, an advisor action with one of the LPA/ArA clergy would probably give you a fair understanding of the Conclave's charter.

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »

Incidentally, it is in the charter.  It says specifically how other temples join the Conclave.

Niels, an advisor action with one of the LPA/ArA clergy would probably give you a fair understanding of the Conclave's charter.

If the charter was that easily available then wouldn't it be a public document rather than hidden away on a sub-board.

I always saw the Conclave as being a little secretive with their inner workings, limiting full knowledge to the various heads of churches and their representatives.
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem (Bo)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 6
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

If the charter was that easily available then wouldn't it be a public document rather than hidden away on a sub-board.

I always saw the Conclave as being a little secretive with their inner workings, limiting full knowledge to the various heads of churches and their representatives.
It might simply be a matter of convenience, the Conclave subforum is the place most likely to need to refer to the charter.  Still I suppose if Niels takes an advisor action Bjørn can decide what to reveal, failing that either an espionage action or, as as been previously suggested a letter to the pontiff or bribery, the OIT is very open to bribes, schisms are horribly expensive.
Narvelon Diem -
By the will of the Allfather
Cardinal of the Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn