Author Topic: The Word of Tuornen  (Read 3636 times)

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
The Word of Tuornen
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:39:17 PM »
The journey was a dangerous one. Many would seek to hinder this traveller. But by the favour of Haelyn and fortune of Sarimie the little woman now wait for audience with the Chamberlain in the grand city of Anuire.
The doors open and her moment has come. “Lauriel Anviraele of the Duchy of Tuornen to enter!”

With skilled manners the little woman enters before the Imperial Chamberlain.

“Your Imperial Excellency, Chamberlain Dosiere,

If by Your grace I in this present my credentials, emissary of the Duchess of Tuornen, Laela Flaertes.”

Lauriel Anviraele hands her scrolls to the chamber attendants for recognition. And after a pause she is signalled to give her statement of intent.

“I come to the city of Anuire on behalf of my Lady the Duchess of Tuornen, Laela Flaertes. To bring word from the Duchess to the friends of my Duchess Tuornen, and I come to seek the word of friends of my Duchess Tuornen.

Without any declaration of war, my Duchesses Tuornen has been invaded by a Boer army that burn and destroy all in its path. Flying the banner of King Brandon III the invaders came upon the gates of Haes with vile intent.
Moergan, the Marquis of Thasbyrn, speaks for the Boer army. He claims his king is with the army but that the king became ill after assassins attempted to take the life of the king.

By the words of this Moergan the Boer force seeks to return home but can not as an Ghiesten force block their path. This the Marquis of Thasbyrn acclaim to treachery by our Duchess of Tuornen.

It was made clear by Moergan that what he sought was the Duchess Herself to surrender Her person to him or he would enter Her city of Haes. In a hope to save Her city my Lady the Duchess left Haes and escaped the Boer force. But in face of this loss Moergan in anger had his forces storm Haes anyway. The crimes that no doubt followed in Haes are to dreadful to speak of now.

Now my Lady the Duchess of Tuornen, Laela Flaerte build Her forces to drive the Boer force from Her Tuornen. The people of Tuornen flock to Her banner, and even small groups of skilled warriors from cities outside of Tuornen come to seek to serve my Lady the Duchess.

Facing these heroes is a Boer force of mainly infantry believed to be about 4-5000 strong. More then 20 separate banners have been identified. The intent of these soldiers is not clear. And save desperation and fear few true motives can be present.”

Knowing the Chamberlain hardly will express any strong opinions on the matter if at all, Lauriel Anviraele await her signal to withdraw from the camber.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:16:44 AM by Tuornen/LF (Geir) »
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
Re: The Word of Tuornen
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
Upon hearing of all these efforts the Duchess emissary to the City of Anuire Lauriel Anviraele delivers a note to the Holly Pontiff.

"Our Duchess servant Pervince Millbridge Silversleep, one renowned Halfling of no small amount of skills regarding the Veil and it’s intricate properties, may on the word of the Duchess offer advice and council on Your endeavour, if no direct participation.
We await the honour and joy to be of service to the Ever Most Holly Pontiff Wallac Isilviere.”

Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: The Word of Tuornen
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »
A note is returned

"The Pontiff and his office is most interested in matters of the Veil. Please step forward and speak up regarding how you think your help against the Grey Duke might be usefull. The Pontiff will soon be leaving Anuire City heading east and perhaps you might be willing to acompany him?"
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn