Author Topic: Ley link  (Read 5476 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Ley link
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »
Previously only arcane spellcasters could use ley link; now all casters, even divine casters, will be able to use ley link.

Of course, you should be careful who you lend out your magical network to - applies in particular when it comes to temple holdings; your god isn't going to be pleased if the LPA lets the EOM use its temples...and the clergy will have a fit, sending stability on a one-way trip to Abyss-land.

DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: Ley link
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
I foresee lots of debates of 'readied actions'.  I need to cast 'x' - so I need to borrow the holding of 'y', action 1 - diplomacy with 'y', action 2 memorise spell, free action cast it...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »
Can a temple give access to another temple to use a specific temple holding to cast a specific realm spell only? I would assume two such temples would need to be on very good terms and have some kind of treaty specifying it all.

Say ETN bless Bellam using ETN's own temple holding level 4. IHH gives access to IHH's temple holding level 1 in Bellam which in turn mean ETN effectively has 5 levels temple holding for purpose of casting bless in Bellam, a level 5 province and thus reducing regency cost from 2 RP to just 1 RP.

Could that be possible?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
Can a temple give access to another temple to use a specific temple holding to cast a specific realm spell only? I would assume two such temples would need to be on very good terms and have some kind of treaty specifying it all.

Say ETN bless Bellam using ETN's own temple holding level 4. IHH gives access to IHH's temple holding level 1 in Bellam which in turn mean ETN effectively has 5 levels temple holding for purpose of casting bless in Bellam, a level 5 province and thus reducing regency cost from 2 RP to just 1 RP.

Could that be possible?

No.
DM Bjørn