Author Topic: Taxation and collection  (Read 8035 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Taxation and collection
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Current draft:

- Tax rates drop by 10% (or to 5% for the lowest rate)
- Holdings generate hld lvl x prov lvl/5 (same as before)
- Provinces generate prov lvl squared/2 (2,5 times more than before)

End result is:

- Holding owners are enhanced; they get a little more back from their holdings (10% more in fact).
- Guilders get the biggest increase since they control 2 holding types (but this is offset somewhat by the new influence rules which yiou haven't seen yet).
- Law rulers collect almost exactly the same amount they did before, but they are now less dependent on holdings. Even if most holding are wiped out the province will still generate collectable income.
- There are several premutations; i.e. places like Diemed actually profits a bit under this scheme.

Overall I'm rather pleased. Each holding type seems useful. Provinces can 'stand on their own'.

The real loser here is Sources.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »
One way to boost sources without increasing the total income in a province is to add a third income type - say "mebhaighl points" or "MP", these could be used to sustain a source-based court, substitute for GB in realm spells and source actions,  substitute for RP in spells, etc but not converted to GB or otherwise used to interact with non-source holdings.

That would leave the source holders with "income" so that they weren't totally dependent on other regents (good and bad points), but doesn't work too well for mixed domains (although I suppose you could say that MP stacked with GB for court purposes on any court actions relating to realm spells and source holdings/ley-lines).

Otherwise I'd suggest reducing the RP cost of spells - though that would likely benefit temple domains (although as I seem to spend my RP on spells which help other people I'm not sure if that's a bad thing!)
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
Because magic now requires a lot of gold I'm looking at reducing RP costs somewhat for spells. But it's too early to say exactly how that will turn out.
DM Bjørn