Author Topic: Re: Conclave special session during S&C  (Read 20790 times)

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
Re: Conclave special session during S&C
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
I do not feel I was well warned but then again I may have been dense

I definitely tried, nonetheless, this hasn't played out yet, either. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Thanks for trying though  :)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »
The history of the Pontifficate has been nothing but entertaining so far.

First we have the three powerful; Armiendin, Briesen and Nichaleir. Clash of the titans. All want to be Pontiff. Briesen dies on the slopes of Battlewaite, fighting the Gorgon. Aurlien is elected after him. Armiendin is elected as Pontiff of central and eastern Anuire, but dies the same mont. Nichaleir and Armiendin kill each other under the foul sorcery of the EO.

Second generation Pontiff's; Aurlien, Kharnmoien and Royce. A Machiavellian bunch; Royce tries to continue Armiendin's Pontifficate, but looses Aurlien. Kharnmoien concentrates on the west, joining it ever closer under his leadership. Aurlien approaches Kharnmoien and creates the CoT. Royce joins the CoT due to the promise of second in line as Pontiff. Power goes to Aurlien's head (or so it is said) and he starts doling out forgiveness left, right and centre, while getting into a conflict with the ETN on matters of dogma and politics.
 Royce picks up the pieces of the CoT, Aurlien's conflict with the ETN left it in a poor shape indeed, Aurlien abdicates as Cardinal when it is apparent he's gotten himself into a corner and leaves for parts unknown. Royce is subsequently slain by Archduke Osoer (it is said) or some unknown evil.

Third generation Pontiff's: Wallac Isilviere decides to pick up the pieces of the CoT, but is met by a storm of distrust from the west, bickering from the Heartlands and nothing but trouble from the nobility.

In disgust he's tried to abdicate, but might not be allowed to because a Grand Conclave is needed to allow for abdication.

Will the Conclave of Temples survive!? Or will it collapse in endless internal squabbling!? Stand by for the next turn of intrigue, diplomacy, hatred and high passion that is...

Ruins of Empire
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:59:35 PM by DM Jon »

• Sovereign
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »
Well I believe Wallac Isilviere wont give a f... wether or not his abdication will be accepted. The CoT cannot really force him; they can call him Pontiff as much as they want to. Should it become relevant Wallac will correct those that address him as Pontiff. He will not play it down; he will make it public known he is no longer Pontiff; that he has resigned having lost a popularity contest vs the Arch Prelate.

CoT is afterall acting headless so why insist calling Isilviere the head?

Clergery of CoT will be turned back, requests to him as Pontiff will be flatly ignored etc.

In short Wallac Isilviere have realized the CoT is, as he perceives it, simply found lacking and instead of an institution of holines working for the faith and for all Anuire, it has become a battleground for personal ambitions. He have better things to do than be part of this and leave the Pontiffs office to who may want it.

If the remaining members of CoT tries to force him holding the office untill the Grand Conclave he will get rather angry.

On a side note nowhere in CoT's charter does it state that a Pontiff may not resign and Wallac Isilviere did not ask for the Pontiffs office - he sorely miss Martin Royce and since no one objected to WIT's laughable claims that there should be a Grand Conclave right away, CoT have had it upon itself.
Besides he was never elected for office remember? That was WIT's argument. Did LPA or others protest to that?

If so Wallac apperently missed it

I so look forward to see what WIT say to Wallac Isilvieres resignation. They had their way - now Wallac Isilviere have simply given them what WIT wanted; removed his presence from CoT.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:21:11 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Well I for one as a relatively new player find it completely frustrating that the office of Pontiff is so vaguely defined, seating order, executing body, who is chairman deciding order of votes etc.

In short I assumed the Pontiff is the Speaker and that perhaps was my greatest error. Besides that I simply have not the rl time to continue endless debates, intrigues and powergames set within a, to me, not too clearly defined arena.

Perhaps you were right in assuming the Pontiff is the speaker?!? I for one would certainly do so. BUT, that does not mean that anybody have to care what the speaker says. Unless he physically (or magically) tries to restrain somebody, they can say or shout what they want.

Even when there is a speaker, things can go very wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IK7dgzb-xo
 ;D
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

• Sovereign
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
Lol

Even thats exactly the situation Wallac would not see happening. Thus he wrote those notes to the Chamberlain, who unfortunately wished not to do the dirty works. Instead of helping the Pontiff keeping things in order he listened to the troublemaker and said out loud that there could be a Grand Conclave; even that CoT needed one  ???

CoT simply lack a secret police to enforce the will of the Pontiff rules for the authority of Pontiff/Speaker
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:40:46 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »
Wow... I hope more leaks out on the cause and effect that ended up with That result!!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
Lol

Even thats exactly the situation Wallac would not see happening. Thus he wrote those notes to the Chamberlain, who unfortunately wished not to do the dirty works. Instead of helping the Pontiff keeping things in order he listened to the troublemaker and said out loud that there could be a Grand Conclave; even that CoT needed one  ???

CoT simply lack a secret police to enforce the will of the Pontiff rules for the authority of Pontiff/Speaker

No, rules do not help if somebody does not intend to follow them. What the conclave needs is obedient followers  ;D

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
Lol

No, rules do not help if somebody does not intend to follow them. What the conclave needs is obedient followers  ;D

And as for that... Even Gods despair...  ::)
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »
I went to bed last night with the peace/war vote underway.  I get home from work and have missed several more votes, a veto, an imminent grand conclave, and a resignation.  That will teach the Cardinal to nod off when the conclave is in session  ???
Cardinal Narvelon Diem-Avan
Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »
Sorry. Perhaps we should not post as in frenzy  :-[

But it have been going down the drain for a while. Perhaps not visible to all temples in CoT but it has. WIT harrasing the Pontiff, the Pontiff provocing the Arch Prelate and in general holding the Pontiffs office being a real tough call since one gets much less willing cooperation than demands, wishes of special privilegdes, outright veto's (legal or not) and last straw the Chamberlein apperently (at least to Wallac Isilviere) siding with WIT.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:31:29 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Guy de Nichalier would never say so in public, but a Haelynite is supposed to treat his duty as a religious obligation.

I'm sure in his heart of hearts, he's dissapointed in the Pontiff, even though he certainly seemed to champion the KoH every chance he got.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
Leak more... War with whom? - Rally to the defense of Avan?

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 08:55:35 PM »
Sorry. Perhaps we should not post as in frenzy  :-[

People should post with whatever frequency the wish and can. If one expect other to chime in, one might have to slow down. If that is not an issue I see no reason why one cannot type till the fingertips are bleeding.

Apologies for not being able to contribute to the, at times lively, debates. I hope my latest contribution can cover for the MOC for a little while at least. I try to keep up to date on what people are writing, but there's preciously little time for the me to type these days.

And sorry if my posts are a bit rambling. I need to hire an editor  :-[
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:58:23 PM by MOC/Leman States (Even) »

• Sovereign
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 09:28:47 PM »
Even you do a fine job. I hate to admit it but you do  8)

To KoH: Regarding religious approach to duty Wallac feels likewise - however he was utterly let down by several temples that saw it as their duty to get him out of office. Wallac had not the time to finely groom every little wanna-be pontiff and he certainly not did not want to give consessions left and right since he wrongly assumed that those present was as duty bound as himself. His person seemed to get in the way and rather than having CoT tear itself apart from within he decided to leave and resign.

Rather than feeling Wallac has turned his back on his duty, perhaps the Grand Maester should try to realize how much many others have neglected their supposedly duty to support CoT and even to word the lack of approval to WIT's illegal disturbing of the meeting.